Just saw Poison

sweetness

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw Poison and Cinderella a couple of weeks ago. I went mostly because I got free tickets in my e-mail, but it was alright. Hair metal to the max, baby! :tongue2: Neither bands are really ones I like a lot, but I had a good time.

Same here.

Hey Sweetness! How were Cinderella?

I really want to see both bands live, but they never get their ass over to the UK to tour.

Cinderella was OK, their singer was strugleing to scream every once in awhile but they didnt do too bad. Overall I'd say they put on a pretty good show too. It was a great way to start out the night. rock3

Edited by sweetness

was cc all cracked out on stage. or is he clean now?

Hes clean now. Its funny, I saw some interview with him a while back and he said his dream was to play at some kick ass place in NY, and that he hasnt done that yet. The interviewer then pointed out he played there a few years ago, CC had no idea. :lol:

I HATE YOU SWEETNESS :anger: ....

I wanted to see Poison/Cinderella SO bad and I had 2 chances, but my lame ass friend dipped out on my both times and now who knows when they will go on tour next!? So yeah, I was really bummed.

I can actually still get tix for 'my second chance', but no one will go with me.. :( All the people I know are into Panic!at the disco and Pussycatdolls <_< , so I don't get to go to all these shows I wanna go to.

It blows.

I wanted to see Poison/Cinderella SO bad and I had 2 chances, but my lame ass friend dipped out on my both times and now who knows when they will go on tour next!? So yeah, I was really bummed.

I can actually still get tix for 'my second chance', but no one will go with me.. :( All the people I know are into Panic!at the disco and Pussycatdolls <_< , so I don't get to go to all these shows I wanna go to.

It blows.

I feel your pain.

But Cinderella and Poison tour every 2 to 3 years, so don't worry.

They toured together in 2000

and in 2002 to 2003 ;)

Hopefully they come over to England soon.

Also can anyone get me a setlist for Cinderella for any of these shows, I'm considering getting some bootlegs, but only if they're songs they don't play live every single time. (Any Still Climbing stuff would be grand)

It blows.

That really sucks. Pretty much all of my friends are into classic rock and that stuff so I was with a lot of people. I couldnt imagine what that would be like. Hopefully you find somebody to go with.

Edited by sweetness

It blows.

Go alone then. I'd rather be seen alone at a concert than miss it.

It scares me that people are so insecure about their social stature.

I saw Poison twice, in '88 and in '90 and they did put on a good show each time. Not exactly intense but fun nonetheless. I'm also a glam fan and since the topic has sort of veered in that direction, has anyone seen a movie called Velvet Goldmine? It's loosely based on a fictional David Bowie-esque character. Great music with very strong performances from the actors.

I think I saw a bit of it once, is "20th Century Boy" performed in it?

Yes, it was.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I saw Poison twice, in '88 and in '90 and they did put on a good show each time. Not exactly intense but fun nonetheless. I'm also a glam fan and since the topic has sort of veered in that direction, has anyone seen a movie called Velvet Goldmine? It's loosely based on a fictional David Bowie-esque character. Great music with very strong performances from the actors.

I think I saw a bit of it once, is "20th Century Boy" performed in it?

Yes, it was.

Alright, yes it seemed like a good film.

It blows.

Indeed...I went to see Adler's Appetite and Gn'R alone since my friends don't like that music, but luckily bumped into Nightrain_kid there and made some friends at Adler's. But even if I hadn't met them, I still would have gone. You should go PCG! :)

I feel your pain.

But Cinderella and Poison tour every 2 to 3 years, so don't worry.

They toured together in 2000

and in 2002 to 2003 ;)

Hopefully they come over to England soon.

Also can anyone get me a setlist for Cinderella for any of these shows, I'm considering getting some bootlegs, but only if they're songs they don't play live every single time. (Any Still Climbing stuff would be grand)

I saw them last night. :D Great show! Poison was on fire and was very entertaining. However, I mainly went for Cinderella. Tom's voice didn't sound too good on some of the songs, especially as they were getting to the end of their set. :( During the show, he admitted that his throat was hurting him and that his doctor told him not to sing at the concert, but he went ahead anyway. The opening song was perfect with Bad Seamstress Blues/Fallin' Apart at the Seams. They then went into Push, Push and Somebody Save Me (Tom's voice sounded a bit shaky in this one.) However, his voice sounded great on the next song, Night Songs. I can't remember the order for the rest of the songs, but they played, Nobody's Fool, Gypsy Road, Heartbreak Station, Hot and Bothered (only Still Climbling song I believe), Shelter Me, Coming Home, and I think they did Winds of Change (but I can't remember). The encore songs were Don't Know What You've Got ('Till It's Gone) and Shake Me. Tom really struggled through "Don't Know," but the crowd helped him out through the whole song. I think they're off today, so hopefully it'll give time for his voice to recover from singing for three straight nights.

It blows.

Id rather see them than poison, wats that awfully catchty tune, "di bi di bi do do do ar"??????

It blows.

Indeed...I went to see Adler's Appetite and Gn'R alone since my friends don't like that music, but luckily bumped into Nightrain_kid there and made some friends at Adler's. But even if I hadn't met them, I still would have gone. You should go PCG! :)

"luckily" fucking stalker!

Edited by Nightrain_Kid

It blows.

I would but I don't have my fucking liscense yet(i'm pathetic...i've been 16 for like 5 months)

And...my parents would flip a shit if they found out I went, especially alone. They already said I couldn't go anyway. :fuckyou: .

It blows.

That really sucks. Pretty much all of my friends are into classic rock and that stuff so I was with a lot of people. I couldnt imagine what that would be like.

You're lucky you've got people like that to hang around with...nobody I know likes classic rock/metal. Let alone are obsessed with it. :(

I would but I don't have my fucking liscense yet(i'm pathetic...i've been 16 for like 5 months)

And...my parents would flip a shit if they found out I went, especially alone. They already said I couldn't go anyway. :fuckyou: .

Ah yeah I can relate to that...my parents get all stressed about me going to places alone at night, but I can kind of understand that. I hope you manage to convince some of your friends to go with you. :(

"luckily" fucking stalker!

Ah yes, there is that fact too. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Ah yeah I can relate to that...my parents get all stressed about me going to places alone at night, but I can kind of understand that. I hope you manage to convince some of your friends to go with you. :(

:o

Really? I mean I've been going to concerts since I was 11?!

Both of your parents suck.

Edited by adnan

Any parent who gives a crap about their son or daughter wouldnt let them go to places like concerts alone at night as a teenager. Its kinda stupid, but its true.

Any parent who gives a crap about their son or daughter wouldnt let them go to places like concerts alone at night as a teenager. Its kinda stupid, but its true.

It depends on the parents, if they were into rock n roll or not. My parents were/are uptight Jesus freaks and I didn't see my first concert until I was 16, and I had to kiss some major ass to do so. But that was a LONG time ago, I'm sure its different now.

It depends on the parents, if they were into rock n roll or not. My parents were/are uptight Jesus freaks and I didn't see my first concert until I was 16, and I had to kiss some major ass to do so. But that was a LONG time ago, I'm sure its different now.

My parents are pretty much the same. But they have a good reason to be assholes about that kinda stuff, Ive been busted doing some bad things at night one too many times for them to trust me. I still think its bullcrap, but yeah, I understand how they see it.

On Topic, Poison was awsome... and Im not sure how this thread is still going.

Edited by sweetness

i saw poison in 2000 and 03. good show, although in 2000 i thought Cinderella was better. I was surprised in 03 when they played "stand", a song from Native Tongue, which CC isn't on. Poison may be "cheesy", but their shows are a fuckin blast!!