Would You Buy An "Axl" Ipod if they made one?

taxl

don't hold your breath.AXL ISN'T A SELL OUT LIKE BONO

Yeah, because Axl has never advertised products or appeared on television shows financed by mainstream conglomerates such as MTV.

Please. I don't like Bono but when you're a rock star and you're advertising a music device that holds all your music on it, that's hardly "selling out." :rolleyes:

Now, if Bono appeared on a commercial tomorrow advertising Red Bull, yeah. A bit different.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the idea and it could happen. hell u2 did it to promote their weak record "atomic bomb...", it would help CD a lot esp if the record is great. and times change, axl changes, for example there haven't been any riots yet on this tour.

Ipods are old news, even their "new" gimmick on-screen wheel.

The Creative Zen Vision:M's blow the Ipods out of the water. Better audio (Creative is THE Sound Card company), much better video quality (not even close).

I would rather have GnR do a Creative commercial, if they HAD to do one.

Talking out your arse.

If you want to show me that you're not - come up with some FACTs that demonstrate the how the audio properties are better on one versus the other. Ditto the video.

The Creative Zen Vision:M's blow the Ipods out of the water. Better audio (Creative is THE Sound Card company), much better video quality (not even close).

Talking out your arse.

If you want to show me that you're not - come up with some FACTs that demonstrate the how the audio properties are better on one versus the other. Ditto the video.

Watch the two side by side. I've used both. For me, there is no comparison. Creative makes a superior product. You'll have to look around for the specs. For video, the colors are sharper and more vibrant given the same source. Also, Creative's player plays many more formats than Apple's product.

People buy the Ipod because they are force fed the thing everywhere they go. The better, more versatile product is the Creative. Apple makes a nice product, but after using both current gen products, Creative does blow them out of the water.

Trendy does not = better technology.

Ipods are fine if you like them, do not take offense to what I am saying if you're an Apple lover. I'm not talking out of my ass, but giving you my informed opinion on a pair of items I took a long time to research.

By the way, nice Buckcherry icon. 15 is an excellent album.

Edited by HuskerTornado

Talking out your arse.

Watch the two side by side. I've used both. For me, there is no comparison. Creative makes a superior product. You'll have to look around for the specs. For video, the colors are sharper and more vibrant given the same source. Also, Creative's player plays many more formats than Apple's product.

People buy the Ipod because they are force fed the thing everywhere they go. The better, more versatile product is the Creative. Apple makes a nice product, but after using both current gen products, Creative does blow them out of the water.

Ipods are fine if you like them, do not take offense to what I am saying if you're an Apple lover. I'm not talking out of my ass, but giving you my informed opinion on a pair of items I took a long time to research.

he he - I get so tried of the Creative vs Apple argument I was hoping to see some actual facts. Otherwise you're talking about opinion. Technically the Creative DOES have deeper colour density, but the resolution is the same.

The audio comparison is what really interests me though. Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home, it just stuns me that nobody happens to own both devices and an oscilloscope. Some proper measurements (ie - not opinion) would be awesome.

I 100% agree though - trendy does not equal better. Again, my search for facts goes on :)

Bono is a fag.

and a wise man once said "AIDS KILL FAGS DEAD"

As well as the entire African continent, jackass :rolleyes: Bono is awesome for what he is doing. Anyway, some kind of music commercial would be sweet--I think ipods are overhyped, overpriced, overrated, etc. though. However, an ipod-esque commercial with the band members' dancing silhoettes would be cool.

Talking out your arse.

he he - I get so tried of the Creative vs Apple argument I was hoping to see some actual facts. Otherwise you're talking about opinion. Technically the Creative DOES have deeper colour density, but the resolution is the same.

The audio comparison is what really interests me though. Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home, it just stuns me that nobody happens to own both devices and an oscilloscope. Some proper measurements (ie - not opinion) would be awesome.

I 100% agree though - trendy does not equal better. Again, my search for facts goes on :)

Creatives are more reliable, for starters. I own an iPod. My first broke within four months and I didn't do anything to it - never dropped it, even. First the clicker began to slowly stop responding. By about five or six months it wouldn't respond at all, the battery would only last thirty minutes, and eventually it wouldn't turn on. Apple ran me through a series of diagnostics before determining the hardware was faulty - they sent me a free replacement.

Well, guess what! I've had it for about five months now, and it crashed. I was in the car driving to my relatives' house and I was listening to a song, I clicked "Next" and the next song wouldn't play. Then it froze up. I reset it, and every time I tried to play a song it would freeze for a second before skipping the song. It did this to all the songs. It just skipped every song in my library and would keep going to the next song, pause and skip again.

I reset it again and then it wouldn't load anything. It took me to the first-time setup screen, I chose the language and then it didn't recognize that any music was on my device. (But the music was definitely there.)

I checked Apple's website. They said based on my experience - which they claim is NORMAL to happen - "the only thing to do is send it in for a replacement."

At this point, my warranty was dead. So I took my chances and partitioned the hard drive of the iPod using FAT file system.

Guess what? When I restarted it, IT WORKED FINE! So Apple's just money-hungry. I checked a tech forum and they said this is a very common problem for iPod users, and partitioning the drive fixes it every time, but Apple refuse to tell people this.

ANYWAY...I worked at an entertainment store and iPods were constantly returned after breaking. I talked to someone at Circuit City about a month ago and he said the ratio of iPod to Creative Zen returns is something like 1/10. He said Creatives are better.

Now, I don't know about the quality of music, but the hardware is obviously better. It's more reliable. And it supports more formats, as opposed to the iPod which is in its own world and has its own extension.

Bono is a fag.

A wise man also once said you're a fucking idiot. Oh, wait, no. That was me. Sorry.

Thanks for the wild turkey and the passenger pigeons, destined to be shit out through wholesome American guts.

Thanks for a continent to despoil and poison.

Thanks for Indians to provide a modicum of challenge and danger.

Thanks for vast herds of bison to kill and skin leaving the carcasses to rot.

Thanks for bounties on wolves and coyotes.

Thanks for the American dream, To vulgarize and to falsify until the bare lies shine through.

Thanks for the KKK.

For black person-killin’ lawmen, feelin’ their notches.

For decent church-goin’ women, with their mean, pinched, bitter, evil faces.

Thanks for “Kill a Queer for Christ” stickers.

Thanks for laboratory AIDS.

Thanks for Prohibition and the war against drugs.

Thanks for a country where nobody’s allowed to mind their own business.

Thanks for a nation of finks.

Yes, thanks for all the memories—all right let’s see your arms!

You always were a headache and you always were a bore.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal of the last and greatest of human dreams.

Live the American dream, username05. You're fulfilling it.

Edited by Idiot Wind

Talking out your arse.

Creatives are more reliable, for starters. I own an iPod. My first broke within four months and I didn't do anything to it - never dropped it, even. First the clicker began to slowly stop responding. By about five or six months it wouldn't respond at all, the battery would only last thirty minutes, and eventually it wouldn't turn on. Apple ran me through a series of diagnostics before determining the hardware was faulty - they sent me a free replacement.

Well, guess what! I've had it for about five months now, and it crashed. I was in the car driving to my relatives' house and I was listening to a song, I clicked "Next" and the next song wouldn't play. Then it froze up. I reset it, and every time I tried to play a song it would freeze for a second before skipping the song. It did this to all the songs. It just skipped every song in my library and would keep going to the next song, pause and skip again.

I reset it again and then it wouldn't load anything. It took me to the first-time setup screen, I chose the language and then it didn't recognize that any music was on my device. (But the music was definitely there.)

I checked Apple's website. They said based on my experience - which they claim is NORMAL to happen - "the only thing to do is send it in for a replacement."

At this point, my warranty was dead. So I took my chances and partitioned the hard drive of the iPod using FAT file system.

Guess what? When I restarted it, IT WORKED FINE! So Apple's just money-hungry. I checked a tech forum and they said this is a very common problem for iPod users, and partitioning the drive fixes it every time, but Apple refuse to tell people this.

ANYWAY...I worked at an entertainment store and iPods were constantly returned after breaking. I talked to someone at Circuit City about a month ago and he said the ratio of iPod to Creative Zen returns is something like 1/10. He said Creatives are better.

Now, I don't know about the quality of music, but the hardware is obviously better. It's more reliable. And it supports more formats, as opposed to the iPod which is in its own world and has its own extension.

Creative doesn't have a 30 GB HDD

that settles it for me

don't hold your breath.AXL ISN'T A SELL OUT LIKE BONO

so youre telling me that you'd rather see countries suffer because of shameful leaders than these countries getting helped by someone that you yourself do not like

personally, i think bono is a greeat man and musician

but theres no chance of the ipod thing

Bono is a fag.

Bono is a fag.

:rofl-lol: A very wise man indeed! BAZ is fucking AMAZING!

Does anyone know where u can find those shirts?

AIDS killed my aunt dead - and I'm pretty sure she wasn't a fag? Run out and get the t-shirt kids. Just like BAZ! I hope that's as close to it as you get. And I hope everyone you come across when you're wearing it is as open-minded and forward thinking as you are with regard to humor. I wouldn't wear it in my city. - :rolleyes:

Thanks for the wild turkey and the passenger pigeons, destined to be shit out through wholesome American guts.

Thanks for a continent to despoil and poison.

Thanks for Indians to provide a modicum of challenge and danger.

Thanks for vast herds of bison to kill and skin leaving the carcasses to rot.

Thanks for bounties on wolves and coyotes.

Thanks for the American dream, To vulgarize and to falsify until the bare lies shine through.

Thanks for the KKK.

For black person-killin’ lawmen, feelin’ their notches.

For decent church-goin’ women, with their mean, pinched, bitter, evil faces.

Thanks for “Kill a Queer for Christ” stickers.

Thanks for laboratory AIDS.

Thanks for Prohibition and the war against drugs.

Thanks for a country where nobody’s allowed to mind their own business.

Thanks for a nation of finks.

Yes, thanks for all the memories—all right let’s see your arms!

You always were a headache and you always were a bore.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal of the last and greatest of human dreams.

Live the American dream, username05. You're fulfilling it.

Well done IW.

Edited by Ions

Bono is a fag.

As well as the entire African continent, jackass :rolleyes: Bono is awesome for what he is doing. Anyway, some kind of music commercial would be sweet--I think ipods are overhyped, overpriced, overrated, etc. though. However, an ipod-esque commercial with the band members' dancing silhoettes would be cool.

I was gonna reply but thought it best to ignore such an ignorant comment.

Talking out your arse.

credibility = 0

You cannot make a factual statement about the reliability of the hardware of both vendors based off your limited experience and some Johnny no-stars at Circuit City. That's ridiculous. If you have some FACTS to back up your claim then let's see them.

Secondly you don't partition a drive with FAT, FAT is the file format.

Lastly - what are you talking about re "and has its own extension"? Again, no credibility. For audio if you choose not to use MP3 you can use AAC, which is a technically superior format for MP3. AAC is part of the MPEG-4 standard.

To highlight this - WMA = Microsoft proprietary. AAC = Part of MPEG-4 standard. See how wrong you are?

You MIGHT be talking about Fairplay DRM, which IS an Apple specific extension. Microsoft use a proprietary extension to their proprietary format (which is what you're using on the creative if you use WMA), AAC with Fairplay is a proprietary extension to a public format.

If you want to express you opinion, that's all cool. Just don't try to express it as fact, and maybe stick to what you know. :)

bono kicks ass at least he gives a shit about somthing more than getting drunk and looking hard. the term "sell out" is used by people who cant find a proper reason to criticise someone so judge the morality of their sucess. u2's newer music is alot better than some of their older stuff so unlike metallica it's ok to "sell out"

Talking out your arse.

Creative doesn't have a 30 GB HDD

that settles it for me

True, plus the screens and controls are weird.

I much prefer iPod's, as do most others, as if they were an inferior product, no one would buy them.

And I would by an axlPod.

Talking out your arse.

Apple has like 80% market share in the portalbe music business and 70% of all online music purchases. They are king for now. Soon to add movies etc.