Can we record an ORIGINAL together?

How about an original?

Industrial should be the easiest to make. If you're doing an industrial influenced song I can provide the necessary noise with synth off my keyboard. It would be fun.

Otherwise, I'll just be self-appointed band manager again.

But, regardless of whether I have a role in the band or not, the same band which ends up doing Nightrain could do an original together.

That would kick a lot of ass.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do vocals, guitar, or bass. perferably vocals, and I have plenty of lyrics written. I could also do some keyboard parts.

Phew! I really hope you can get noise through your keyboard, cause I just found out that the mic plugin in my computer is fucked and it'll cost me 50 to repair!

Awesome!

So now we've got:

Possible guitar: AnEskimo (quadlaser/Forsaken, maybe?)

Possible bass: Glick, AnEskimo

Possible keyboards: me, AnEskimo

// vocals: axlstheman2003, AnEskimo

Possible drums: ?

cool so when do we get the music to listen to and what should the song be about maybe we all can write it togeather as sort of like band?

I guess we should do that.

But first we write the music, then the lyrics, that would be a better idea. The best idea would probably be for AnEskimo to do the noise and drum beats, and other keyboard stuff first, so we have the skeleton, then we make guitars and bass to match that? Makes sense to me?

cool so when do we get the music to listen to and what should the song be about maybe we all can write it togeather as sort of like band?

I guess we should do that.

But first we write the music, then the lyrics, that would be a better idea. The best idea would probably be for AnEskimo to do the noise and drum beats, and other keyboard stuff first, so we have the skeleton, then we make guitars and bass to match that? Makes sense to me?

that sounds good, but maybe provide me with a rough guitar piece or somethin so I have an idea what were lookin at here...industrial...i got a few ideas, but i just wanna hear what you guys got goin

me and quad will be lead/rhythm :)

Awesome!

So, I dunno.

Let's get an idea of the sort of music we could do, if we're doing industrial, it would probably be best to do keyboards before guitar. If we're not doing industrial, then we should lay down guitar first.

This is a great project.

Band management:

quadlaser/Jackamo: production/mixing

Me: band mangager/co-producer. ( I did come up with the idea)

Start with something so intense and crazy and choppy and ver very aggresive that the first thing you will think is "what the fuck".

But then let it slowly smooth out.

I don't know if you know what I mean. I don't know if I know what I mean.

Well then some soft gentle lyrics and then boom right back to the crazy shit for a chorus. and so on and so on.

I know this isn't very detailed but I'm a novice at this kind of stuff.

Whoeer is writing the lyrics and singing will have to be pretty clever.

Just some suggestions to keep in mind. If you think they suck then at least I tried. If you use em that would be cool

Rock On rock3

We should get Bloody Roses for production/mixing. :ph34r:

If he agrees to do it.

But the most important thing about this project right now, is how to start it.

Do we start by laying down noise and rythm through keyboard, or do the guitar first, then just add steady noise and synth through it?

Or do we just scrap the industrial idea, lay down a metal or bluesrock song through guitar, add synth/keyboard later?

Band:

Vocals- axl'stheman2003 or AnEskimo (post vocal auditions and vote will decide)

Lead- Forsaken

Rythm- Quad

Bass- Glick or AnEskimo (if Glick can do it, it would be awesome, considering the stuff AnEskimo is doing)

Keyboards- AnEskimo, or if absolutely necessary I'll fix my mic and record it

Drums- ? Probably settle for a drum machine or the inbuilt drum machines in AnEskimo's keyboard (or mine if absolutely necessary)

Producers: Bloody Roses (if agreed), quad/Jackamo, adnan

Band Manager: The ever so pompous adnan.

Lead- Forsaken

Rythm- Quad

you sumbitch! :anger::D

but seriously, i've got dozens of orphaned riffs laying around, i was thinking about selling them, but i'm down with this.

as for recording. this one'll be a lot harder. the way to go would be for any guitarists interested to post their shit (tuned a halfstep down, of course, preferably with drop d) on this thread, and we vote for the parts to be used in the song, or maybe even accept a full song that someone has written.

after the vote, a guitarist plays those parts in an order we all vote on, while listening to a metronome. the drummer then writes the drums (or drum machine, fruityloops is good, so is isohunt, if you catch my drift).

then the guitarist throws the parts over the drum track (deleting the original guitar), and then it's all gravy.

so all you guitarists out there, post some original shit, and let's make this happen. wav format please.

if i wake up before 10 tomorrow, i'll post some of mine.

Edited by quadlaser

Interesting concept

hope it all works for ya boyz

we made 3 cds like this at another musicans audio site, it worked pretty well

just record yourselves and send each other tracks as mp3`s once you have tracks get a mixdown happening and reshare them

some bands work this way on the net everyday, once they have a demo ready they get together and head into formal production in a studio

again good luck:)))