Led Zeppelin

marina

always went around sayin they sucked even though i hadn't heard em. *gimme a break, i was raised on punk rock n hip hop* anywayz, jus listen to this greatest hits thing cuz my cousin has been up my ass about Zeppelin for the better part of 5 years and JESUS CHRIST!!! this band kicks ass!!!! he gave me this compilation called early days, i listened to it all up to this song called the something something levee? something to do with a levee, wherever that is on the album but FUCK ME!!! they kick major fuckin ass!!! listenin to it u can sorta kinda see Axl is that lead singer dude. vocally i mean. but yeah, that band kicked ass!!! good times bad times, immigrant song, rock n roll, black dog, dazed n confused, i was literally lovin every song. this band r fuckin immense/intense. REALLY bluesy at points too, it's fuckin really cool :):):) any reccomendations? can anyone tell me much about the band?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always went around sayin they sucked even though i hadn't heard em. *gimme a break, i was raised on punk rock n hip hop* anywayz, jus listen to this greatest hits thing cuz my cousin has been up my ass about Zeppelin for the better part of 5 years and JESUS CHRIST!!! this band kicks ass!!!! he gave me this compilation called early days, i listened to it all up to this song called the something something levee? something to do with a levee, wherever that is on the album but FUCK ME!!! they kick major fuckin ass!!! listenin to it u can sorta kinda see Axl is that lead singer dude. vocally i mean. but yeah, that band kicked ass!!! good times bad times, immigrant song, rock n roll, black dog, dazed n confused, i was literally lovin every song. this band r fuckin immense/intense. REALLY bluesy at points too, it's fuckin really cool :):):) any reccomendations? can anyone tell me much about the band?

"When The Levee Breaks" - Hell yes. It's hard to recommend anything specific because it's all good in it's own way. I recently got the 'How The West Was Won' DVD - I'd definitely recommend this - although it is kind of ass backwards as far as an introduction is concerned. But hey - that's my recommendation. They were at there best live in my opinion (depending on how gacked Jimmy was). And get all the CD's. (Avoid 'Presence' - Sorry hardcores!) LOL!

EDIT:

OH! After you get more familiar with Zep and specifically Robert Plant, take another listen to IRS and go from there to hear some influence in Axl. - :)

Edited by Ions

just like me and Metallica

Plant annoys me. And Page ruins the Blues with his playing.

Overrated at best.

I went to see Robert Plant a few weeks ago. I'd heard great things about his latest solo album so I had high hopes but he came on 10 minutes late, his voice is nothing like it used to be, and all the Zeppelin songs were rearranged (and not as good as the original versions). Then he quit 10 minutes early, not even a fuckin encore. I felt really disappointed afterwards.

But I don't think they're overrated. Great band, great records, even In Through the Outdoor has good songs imo. Page is a brilliant guitarist, the absolute riffmaster, although he's a bit sloppy.

They are without a doubt one of the best bands to ever grace this world. Everything about them just oozes this great swagger and sexual energy that is so contagious. The chemistry between the members is without equal. It's like each one knew exactly how the song was supposed to go and what they should be doing. Not a single part of any song can be improved or changed. But live is where they shone the most, especially in their early years. There's never been a band that could match Zeppelin live. They made everyone from that time look pedestrian by comparison. And what gets me is that they were never affraid of trying anything. From rock and roll, psychedelic rock, blues, to folk, country, samba, reggae, Celtic, Indian, and Arabic music. Nothing was off limits and they never sounded unsure of playing something in any of those styles.

But most of all the fuckin' rocked!! rock3

PS I reccomend Physical Grafitti, that album kicks ass from start to finish and covers a wide range of their style exploration.

If you wanna know anything about Zep PM me.

Edited by moreblack

They are without a doubt one of the best bands to ever grace this world. Everything about them just oozes this great swagger and sexual energy that is so contagious. The chemistry between the members is without equal. It's like each one knew exactly how the song was supposed to go and what they should be doing. Not a single part of any song can be improved or changed. But live is where they shone the most, especially in their early years. There's never been a band that could match Zeppelin live. They made everyone from that time look pedestrian by comparison. And what gets me is that they were never affraid of trying anything. From rock and roll, psychedelic rock, blues, to folk, country, samba, reggae, Celtic, Indian, and Arabic music. Nothing was off limits and they never sounded unsure of playing something in any of those styles.

cant argue with that i s'pose :lol:

i got a huge jimi page poster with the double neck guitar yesterday in total guitar ^_^

great band, i got a bootleg of radio interviews and reports about them and there is one of the whole days radio bullitains about Bonhams death :(

i have "the song remains the same" DVD and didn't really understand most of it ;) still liked it though

love this band even saw Plant last december rock3

I really love "Presence." :unsure: The only one I don't like much is "In through the out Door." but even on that album, there's three songs I absolutely adore!

You can't beat Zeppelin. You just can't. I saw Robert Plant live last year and he was great! His voice was still wonderful, he talked to us a bit, his new stuff and solo stuff was wonderful, and the Zeppelin stuff was indeed arranged differently for the most part, but superb. I liked to hear it the new ways. Some people can't play the SAME SONG for 30 years. This way, you get all the benefits of a new song, but also a classic, loved, and well-known song. I love seeing what kind of crazy instruments he can use and make it work.

It's amazing how Robert Plant never had to do a darn thing on stage except just stand there or sit on a stool, yet he had the best stage presence ever. He just had some sort of aura. And now this aura also emits wisdom. Other singers had to really WORK for good stage presence. Plant just had it, without lifting a finger.

He's completely different from Axl, and I don't think Axl borrows ALL that much from him. Robert Plant was always relatively calm on stage, yet extremely sexy, but Axl was always one to try his hardest by trying to run a marathon throughout the course of the show. Robert Plant's voice is also the most soothing voice I've ever heard, whereas Axl's is rough.

PS I reccomend Physical Grafitti, that album kicks ass from start to finish and covers a wide range of their style exploration.

If you wanna know anything about Zep PM me.

Despite my large dislike for the band, I have to agree with most of what you said except for the part that I have bolded. The Who and Deep Purple both put on amazing shows at the same time as Led Zeppelin did, and without the need for 20 minute guitar and drum solos which bring down what could be amazing shows. There's a fine line between over the top and just plain wankery. Zeppelin crossed the line

Apart from that though there were clearly a great band... despite my eternal dislike for them. They just bore me

Great Band, though Jimmy Page is somewhat of a thief, they DID steel some riffs and lyrics and never credited their real composers, but they still have great tunes, actually they are my favourite band. If you're getting started on them, start from the beginning, buy Zeppelin 1, then 2, 3 and so forth. Zeppelin 1 has some awesome songs and it does have Slash's favourite Zep tune which is "Your Time Is Gonna Come" which is fuckin cosmic.

Great Band, though Jimmy Page is somewhat of a thief, they DID steel some riffs and lyrics and never credited their real composers, but they still have great tunes, actually they are my favourite band. If you're getting started on them, start from the beginning, buy Zeppelin 1, then 2, 3 and so forth. Zeppelin 1 has some awesome songs and it does have Slash's favourite Zep tune which is "Your Time Is Gonna Come" which is fuckin cosmic.

Yea I was surprised to find out how many of their songs are actually covers, but they probably changed them so much the original song was barely recognizable. That's another quality of theirs, they did brilliant covers.

right on...a punk mentality discovering a great rock band...very liberating!!

fuck the cliche punk slogans..

The Who and Deep Purple both put on amazing shows at the same time as Led Zeppelin did, and without the need for 20 minute guitar and drum solos which bring down what could be amazing shows. There's a fine line between over the top and just plain wankery. Zeppelin crossed the line

Oh but Purple did descend into the realms of pure wankery. Lord, Blackmore and Paice did some long ass 20+ minute solos on the Purple live set. Paice had The Mule, which would lead into an eternal Drum solo. Lord and Blackmore had first Mandrake Root and later on, Space Trucking in which they'd both go off into long long solos of upwards of 20 minutes (each).

A guy from my old neighbourhood went to everything he could in the 70's.

Zeppelin,Purple,Cooper,Who,Stones,Floyd,Areosmith,Bowie

we're talking the golden era here...

He said Zep blew them all off the stage,by far...in a class of their own.

if i was that guy i would die a very happy man!

if i was that guy i would die a very happy man!

No kidding. I'd have been in heaven seeing all those bands.

It means something coming from a guy who was actually there.