Led Zeppelin

marina

Tried listening some more. Had to turn it off.

Plant has no vocal range and sings the same way all the time. Page is sloppy/inneffective.

Bonham's drumming is the best thing about them. Same with Dave Grohl and Nirvana.

the most stupid musical analysis I've read for a while.

It wasn't a musical analysis, it's my opinion. Have a problem with it?

And yes, I honestly think Plant isn't able to sing well at all ranges. That's why he always uses his falsetto. Or nearly always anyway.

Edited by adnan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeppelin > All

Kashmir, D'yer Mak'er, Whole Lotta Love ... These guys could pull of anything

Kashmir is good, I'll grant that.

Whole Lotta Love, which so many cite as proof of excellence, was just an uncredited rewrite of "You Need Love" by Willie Dixon, from which even the music is lifted for a lot of the song.

D'yer Mak'er is a lame attempt at reggae-rock.

Just personal opinion.

Zeppelin > All

Kashmir, D'yer Mak'er, Whole Lotta Love ... These guys could pull of anything

Kashmir is good, I'll grant that.

Whole Lotta Love, which so many cite as proof of excellence, was just an uncredited rewrite of "You Need Love" by Willie Dixon, from which even the music is lifted for a lot of the song.

D'yer Mak'er is a lame attempt at reggae-rock.

Just personal opinion.

IMO it's the performance of Whole Lotta Love what makes it so great.

You don't like D'yer Mak'er? :cry: I'm playing that with my band right now, the drums are awesome

There's no denying that Zeppelin rocks. I mean, some people can deny it all they want. But There's VERY FEW bands that get more people off than Led Zeppelin. And while that's doable in pop. It's very hard to reach that many people coming from a hard rock context.

Incidentally, there's nothing about the music from Dixon's You Need Love, that sounds like Whole Lotta Love. That was all Page, the riff, the chorus riff, the psychedelic part, the solo, it was all Page, and the only mistake they did was let Plant sing those lyrics thinking he was gonna change them later...

Edited by moreblack

Adnan...

what do you think of Slash as a guitar player?

On a technical level, he's average. Based on his material, he's excellent. Live, he's sloppy (not with VR, cause he ain't completely drugged out).

He's no Joe Perry or Jeff Beck, that's for sure.

And if this question was related to me not liking Page, then I have to say this: no matter how many excuses I make for disliking Page's playing, it all comes down to this: He plays the Blues too heavily for my liking.

Edited by adnan

Adnan...

On a technical level, he's average. Based on his material, he's excellent. Live, he's sloppy (not with VR, cause he ain't completely drugged out).

do you find him ineffective?

Adnan...

do you find him ineffective?

No, I love Slash and Gn'R.

so what is it about Page that you find ineffective?

(I'm just trying to understand your opinions on Page)

As I said on the last page, the things I say about him are just excuses, I'm trying to find a reason I dislike him, but truth is:

Zep put me to sleep. Plant is annoying. Page plays the Blues too heavily.

I try to rationalize my ridiculous opinions, but I myself cannot fathom my deep hatred of Led Zeppelin.

so what is it about Page that you find ineffective?

(I'm just trying to understand your opinions on Page)

As I said on the last page, the things I say about him are just excuses, I'm trying to find a reason I dislike him, but truth is:

Zep put me to sleep. Plant is annoying. Page plays the Blues too heavily.

I try to rationalize my ridiculous opinions, but I myself cannot fathom my deep hatred of Led Zeppelin.

No like the Zep, I get that. But why is Page in your sig?

No like the Zep, I get that. But why is Page in your sig?

Cause it was the only picture of the Crowes I could find that fit the sig size limits, and I didn't feel like resizing. I don't mind Page's work with the Black Crowes.

They are without a doubt one of the best bands to ever grace this world. Everything about them just oozes this great swagger and sexual energy that is so contagious. The chemistry between the members is without equal. It's like each one knew exactly how the song was supposed to go and what they should be doing. Not a single part of any song can be improved or changed. But live is where they shone the most, especially in their early years. There's never been a band that could match Zeppelin live. They made everyone from that time look pedestrian by comparison. And what gets me is that they were never affraid of trying anything. From rock and roll, psychedelic rock, blues, to folk, country, samba, reggae, Celtic, Indian, and Arabic music. Nothing was off limits and they never sounded unsure of playing something in any of those styles.

But most of all the fuckin' rocked!! rock3

PS I reccomend Physical Grafitti, that album kicks ass from start to finish and covers a wide range of their style exploration.

If you wanna know anything about Zep PM me.

You explain exactly why Zeppelin was and still is one of the greatest bands to live on through their music. They just never get old for me, and they were very risky with their music. Watching Led Zeppelin live is something like an out-of-body experience. You just watch it and can't believe what you're hearing and seeing, because it dazzles from the very beginning. Even when you think you've heard the main Zeppelin hits like "Black Dog," "Stairway to Heaven," or "Dazed and Confused," you still have tons of underrated gems, such as "Custard Pie" or "Achilles Last Stand."

It's hard to describe what Led Zeppelin are for me. Obviously, I'm a huge fan, and they are my favourite band, but until you hear them yourself, you won't know how good they really are.

I recommend "Physical Graffiti" aswell, and "Presence." Both terrific albums.