Your favourite artist in your country...

oh my

I've been thinking of how nice is discovering great musicians around the world, which are contemporary but cannot avoid expressing their country's culture n' tradition!

This way we could all broaden our music horizons... :)

For example here in Greece I would invite you to listen to "Eleftheria Arvanitaki" a fabulous woman singer with awesome songs and "Alkinoos Ioannidis" - songwriter and vocalist!

Could propose more?? :):)

Edited by oh my

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Portugal, the biggest rock act is Xutos & Pontapés. They were at Rock In Rio the same day as Guns N' Roses and they rocked, just like they usually do.

We also have Rui Veloso, a great pop-rock artist with various influences. A great guitar player, his blues solos are something to remember.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Most successful artists from the USA are internationally known, but there are some local musicians who deserve greater recognition.

Danko Jones...Canada

this guy (and his band) fuckin rock out!

Danko jones is great, but he is somewhat of an international act. he is pretty wellknown here in sweden

really??...cool!...the recognition is well deserved

Guest knerken

I can't really think of any Norwegian bands that keep the old national culture in their music, but there are a lot of good regular rock bands:

Turbonegro are kinda big, but they should be bigger! B) Also retired Span's debut album "Mass Distraction" is absolutely worth a listen:

Turbonegro - Don't Say Motherfucker, Motherfucker

Norway is also very weel known because of Black-Metal.. Check out Mayhem or Darkthrone if you are into such music..

Edited by knerken