Fortus Says NO To September Release

ComaBreak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I just checked some music magazines from the past...

In 1996 finnish rock-magazine Soundi someone asked when the new Guns album will be out. Record company said that it was finished and it would come out in summer of 96 :rofl-lol:

I laughed so hard. Then I wanted to cry.

I don't think the album will come out this year.

My question is, is there unreleased original music from that time period that was supposed to be on a new GN'R album?

Yes... the band talked about having thrown out the idea of using Oh My God, and isn't there a song from that era that's been rumored to have been in the cards for CD?? Can't remember the name of it, but I bet Username knows.

In 1996 finnish rock-magazine Soundi someone asked when the new Guns album will be out. Record company said that it was finished and it would come out in summer of 96 :rofl-lol:

My question is, is there unreleased original music from that time period that was supposed to be on a new GN'R album?

Yes... the band talked about having thrown out the idea of using Oh My God, and isn't there a song from that era that's been rumored to have been in the cards for CD?? Can't remember the name of it, but I bet Username knows.

I'm not username, but do you mean "This I love"?

I'm not username, but do you mean "This I love"?

Sehr gut gemacht!

Edited by eschman

I would think that everyone would have realized by now that you shouldn't believe anything than any of the members says, except Axl. "People will hear music this year". We have already, they're touring, that's music. He has fufilled that prophecy. He also gave us some nice demos to listen to until the European tour.

Anyone remember these: http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_r...cd_is_done.html

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_r...lmost_done.html

Of course, Stinson said this in 2005 and he usually has no idea what he's talking about. And as stated above, I believe nothing unless it comes from Axl. Even then, I am skeptical of whether it will happen or not. If he has 2 and 1/2 albums worth of material, why not release something? Why not do a soundtrack or single? Until they announce a date or we get an official press release, they will keep throwing out these dates that are about 6-7 months in advance. Of course, a month or 2 before this, they will recall this and say "we're still working, blah, blah, blah. it's being mastered." I am by no means a New GNR hater, I simply think that anyone and everyone needs to wait until we hear something from the record company before getting your hopes up.

Edited by acdcUSSR

No one really said September anyway, we all thought fall and thought September. Axl has mantained late fall every time he's mentioned the album. It's just strange to think that I'll be in University by the time it gets released.

On the issue of 96/97... Before I was a GN'R fan I once read that Axl Rose had a massive problem with drugs after Guns due to the implosion of the band, where essentially he lost all his close friends. I know people speak about age causing him to look different and weigh more than he used to but... those are also the symptoms of a recovering drug abuser. It would explain the loss of his voice, Axl once said before in 1992 that drugs fuck up his voice so he didn't do them. Everyone will immediatley attack me for this but just think about it. Look at the picture in my avatar from 1998 and the look at a pic of him in Rio 2001.

im currently in school, but got an email of fortus saying that he was hoping for a september release but it wont, but its still a go ahead for a fall release.

ill paste the message here but im in school for IT and hotmail is banned.

let's hope for a november release, that would be a great time to finally put CD out!!!

btw, did Finck really say that quote you have on your sig? :unsure:

i always thought that 'fall' was a word only used in america, mainly because they can't spell autumn. i can't see this album coming at all. too be honest i really wanna hear it, even though i dont agree with them selling it under the gnr name.

Fall, falls between Sept 21st and December 21st this year. It could be released in time for Christmas AND STILL BE A FALL RELEASE. Even though the latter of that time-frame is generally referred to as Winter.

Edited by smokingarthur

It clearly won't be out in the next 3 months.

Nothing has so far been done in anticipation on an album release. A single or two would have to come out prior to a release one would expect, and at least one video.

Personally I think the Euro tour will end and begin another period of utter silence.

That's my worst fear. Everything will go quiet yet again. :(