Fortus Says NO To September Release

ComaBreak

You guys are over thinking this again. It will be just like before thos tour. We are on these boards daily, basically talking about nothing (his weight, clothes, beard, hair). Then, all of a sudden, there is 40 tour dates listed almost in 1 week. The same will happen with this album, I love all this "they have to give us a single by such a date, for this to come out by that date. Not going to happen! One day, out of no where, there will be a release date. Look, 4 years go by and nothing, then he decides to do all these dates? No one, and I mean NO-ONE can be that stupid and try to tour USA with no cd AGAIN! They are on tour for a reason folks, if was just to play old music, then they should just re-unite the old guys and play an old tour. That would sell better, at least here in the usa!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one really said September anyway, we all thought fall and thought September. Axl has mantained late fall every time he's mentioned the album. It's just strange to think that I'll be in University by the time it gets released.

On the issue of 96/97... Before I was a GN'R fan I once read that Axl Rose had a massive problem with drugs after Guns due to the implosion of the band, where essentially he lost all his close friends. I know people speak about age causing him to look different and weigh more than he used to but... those are also the symptoms of a recovering drug abuser. It would explain the loss of his voice, Axl once said before in 1992 that drugs fuck up his voice so he didn't do them. Everyone will immediatley attack me for this but just think about it. Look at the picture in my avatar from 1998 and the look at a pic of him in Rio 2001.

Wow. That pic is from '98? He looked pretty much the same as back in the early '90s. He changed a lot by 2001, that was in only three years. Interesting thoughts Kev. We'll probably never know for sure.

It clearly won't be out in the next 3 months.

Nothing has so far been done in anticipation on an album release. A single or two would have to come out prior to a release one would expect, and at least one video.

Personally I think the Euro tour will end and begin another period of utter silence.

That's my worst fear. Everything will go quiet yet again. :(

No fuckin way! The album will be out this year. No doubt in my mind. What you non-believers need to remember is that in December of last year, no one had seen Axl in years.........Then.......BAM......back up into the spotlight!

It will come together, and it will come together quick.

Once Axl stops shagging models and getting wasted he'll decide when to release the album. It's his baby and he's entitled to release it when he's good and ready. Mind you he's been pregnant with the fucker for a long time now :P

1st i dont beleive the thread starter (he still hasnt posted the email)

2nd people moaning about the silence... it brings tention builds up excitment gets people talking.. the whole chinese democracy has been talked about more than some top bands albums that have been released... and as we all know chinese democ still hasnt been released < axl knows what hes doing put faith in him.. is fans aint stood by him all this time because they had nothing better to do

he hasnt been working on the album for nothing.. hes gonna release it.. he said this fall i believe him, we heard new music (demos) there touring.. axl seems to be back in control (vocaly he has improved from the tour before this) the band seems more like a band more powerful

3rd i was thinking october anyways

Fall, falls between Sept 21st and December 21st this year. It could be released in time for Christmas AND STILL BE A FALL RELEASE. Even though the latter of that time-frame is generally referred to as Winter.

Don't forget this is the music Business[/color] people. It is about the all mighty & powerful dollar and marketing. If indeed the album is finished, i would anticipate it dropping around the holidays - a great stocking stuffer ;) Keep in mind that the record company has a hell of a lot of cashola to recoup even before it breaks even.