Iron Maiden - The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

mrslash

i agree bout the comment of it sounding like a Bruce solo song... i noticed that in DOD aswell it was moving towards the Dickinson sound and further away from maiden

I agree that Maiden is sounding different these days, but I don't hear the Bruce solo vibe in this new song. Bruce's solo stuff is 10x heavier than this.

Interview with Nicko and Janick about new album

Edited by moreblack

i agree bout the comment of it sounding like a Bruce solo song... i noticed that in DOD aswell it was moving towards the Dickinson sound and further away from maiden

I agree that Maiden is sounding different these days, but I don't hear the Bruce solo vibe in this new song. Bruce's solo stuff is 10x heavier than this.

go listen to tattooed millionaire and the bonus disc on balls to picasso.... definately not heavy stuff... bruces most recent stuff has been much heavier but on DOD i heard influences of Bruce like the journeyman had the flair of tears of the dragon

go listen to tattooed millionaire and the bonus disc on balls to picasso.... definately not heavy stuff... bruces most recent stuff has been much heavier but on DOD i heard influences of Bruce like the journeyman had the flair of tears of the dragon

True, but that was then, we're talking about the 90's Bruce work, before he made Accident of Birth, which seems to have given him license to just push the envelope in terms of heavyness from which he's never looked back (see: Tyranny Of Souls, Chemical Wedding).

The Bruce of now wouldn't make a song like Breeg without it being insanely heavier than what Maiden wrote.

True, but that was then, we're talking about the 90's Bruce work, before he made Accident of Birth, which seems to have given him license to just push the envelope in terms of heavyness from which he's never looked back (see: Tyranny Of Souls, Chemical Wedding).

The Bruce of now wouldn't make a song like Breeg without it being insanely heavier than what Maiden wrote.

got to agree with you their as someone has described tyranny of souls... it is more maiden then maiden... an insane record and so good