Setlist

Monty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to promote generalisation:

Looks like the Britts did it again, first Download, now this. Can't you fuckers behave when you drink? If I was Axl, I would piss all over that pathetic island of yours untill it sinks in the sea, like atlantis.

Hey! Download was inevitable, like with any festival, there were a lot of twats there who went to see other bands who decided it would be a laugh to ruin GNR's set.

As for Newcastle, it was one individual who threw something, you cant blame the whole country.

Looks like the Britts did it again, first Download, now this. Can't you fuckers behave when you drink? If I was Axl, I would piss all over that pathetic island of yours untill it sinks in the sea, like atlantis.

Some of us are nice people :heart:

But yeah, there sure are some fuckers here who ruin the shows, wasting time and money, and ruining the performance :(

:anger:

Edited by lcg

I blame most of you Americans, for driving out Gn'R in the first place with your dumb corporations and crab people. Shame on you.

I blame most of you Americans, for driving out Gn'R in the first place with your dumb corporations and crab people. Shame on you.

:lol:

Your all to blame.. The band loved Norway, they should seriously concider moving here;).. When they played Spektrum the croud wen't nuts, they loved the band, they loved every member. We were thankful, we got Izzy!!, u guys get Izzy, and what u do is throw shit on stage..? could not care less if only 1 dude's doing in, 1 dude was obviously enough..

But really, i doubt this one thing was the only thing that upset the guy.. probaly was a series of events that pissed him of.. If they end up cancelling the Uk-Tout, it will be bad, but u britts obviously don't deserve them anyways..

I guess there is a reason he stoped playing the new songs, he's only playing "The Blues" ?

Edited by Markus89

Thats me and GatesheadSteve both there and both saw the same thing

I'm guessing someone wrote

fuck off you talentless ginger dwarf bring your real band next time

or Velvet Revolver rule

or Your new song suck

or Seb Bach has more hair than you

or _ _ _ _ fill in ya own blanks

Still when welcome to the jungle riff started - wooo goose bumps

Saw GNR at Newcastle City Hall back in the day - Gateshead Stadium, Monsters of Rock, Wembley

and a few other I was to drunk to recall and last night was so much better than I could have hoped

for - shame about Paradise but it gives me something to talk about

Edited by Deedark

Your all to blame.. The band loved Norway, they should seriously concider moving here;).. When they played Spektrum the croud wen't nuts, they loved the band, they loved every member. We were thankful, we got Izzy!!, u guys get Izzy, and what u do is throw shit on stage..? could not care less if only 1 dude's doing in, 1 dude was obviously enough..

But really, i doubt this one thing was the only thing that upset the guy.. probaly was a series of events that pissed him of.. If they end up cancelling the Uk-Tout, it will be bad, but u britts obviously don't deserve them anyways..

I don't think it's fair to blame all of the UK. There are many UK fans on this board, who respect Guns N' Roses, and would never do anything as stupid as throwing a pound coin at the band or anything else stupid like that. Sadly there seem to be a few who just cannot control themselves; I will be furious if this happens again.

holy shit...

well done to the utter twat who has totally fucked up an otherwise great show - I had to bugger off just before the end to beat the crowds so I never saw the incident in question... but from what I saw, axl's voice is in awesome shape and the show was fantastic.... when GNR finally came on that is! ;-)

anyway, what was the deal with the long wait...?? the utterly crap Bullet for my Valentine went through the motions, then we had over an hour's wait... anyone know what that was in aid of...??? :question:

anyway. thanks to the bozo who screwed up the show... will axl think twice about playing here again huh??? something to brag about to your mates...? you bastard. :fuckyou:

Kris

There is absolutely no point in blaming the British nor the Americans.

When you are on a festival, you did not pick all bands, but ruining the show is, indeed, stupid.

Who is extremely stupid is the guy who threw coins,cigarette pack or whatever, KNOWING that things can explode instantly. Hell, he even paid a lot of money to see them.

Time for the European tour to wrap up.

Get your facts right before posting shit!

I was right at the front last night and fucking NOTHING hit axl. He casually turned round, picked something off the floor, read it, said something and walked off.

No shit was being thrown and the crowd were fully behind him.

It was a great gig completly spoilt by axl acting like a wanker. He was great up until then but it an unnecessary, shite way to end the gig.

If anything fucks this tour up it's axl actions and contempt for the fans.

If you were front row how did you not see the pound coin get thrown at Axl?

Why should he put himself in danger of being injured because of a cock who decided to throw something at him?

I was also at the front on the barrier so get your facts right before posting :book:

I was sitting on the lower tier block 100, parallel to the security line / front of stage, perfect unobstructed view. I and my lass never saw anything hit him and he didn't react like "oww, what fucking hit me". He turned round, saw something at the front of the stage, picked it up and looked at it (god only knows what it was), said something I couldn't make out (I thought you were my friends?), ordered the band to stop and marched off.

Then he said something off stage about reporting of you see anyone throw anything on stage to security and came back on. Awesome gig, just a sad ending.

You're absolutely right - blame the French! :angry:

Or better yet:

Should we blame the government?

Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

No!

Blame Canada!

blame Canada!

blamecanada.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

it probally was a chav or somthing

yeah i think is was lol ther was a few chavs there last night. and they were singing along to most of the songs. i was like WTF.

was a good night. i didnt see anything hit anyone. Axl is a legend. i was dying to get a drink when i was waiting of guns but i didnt dare incase i missed them. ahah.

Wa gutted when they stoped nightrain as its one of my favourite songs. but was pleased they started it again. was a good night. bach wasnt too bad. bullet were ok.guns wer awesome.

oh yes i forgot the st louis incident happened in the uk didnt it!!

And as far as pathetic island is concerned we aren't great britain for nothing.

oh yes i forgot the st louis incident happened in the uk didnt it!!

And as far as pathetic island is concerned we aren't great britain for nothing.

And of course we didn't smash the venue up last night too :rofl-lol:

You're absolutely right - blame the French! :angry:

Or better yet:

Should we blame the government?

Or blame society?

Or should we blame the images on TV?

No!

Blame Canada!

blame Canada!

blamecanada.jpg

NO! Blame Kaneda! Blame Kaneda!

There's multiple sides to this.

When I was at the Nijmegen gig I was joking around a bit with some people I met there while we were waiting for the gates to open. And We were messing about with stuff like "Don't do anything over there that could piss off Axl! Just...stand still! Don't do anything to set him off!" Now..this was joking around a bit. But there's a serious side to it. Why the HELL would you do anything to piss off an artist you payed a fair amount of money for? It's beyong any reason or logic to me. Especialy with somebody like Axl who's relatively easy to set off. People have to realise that by doing that they ruin it for themselves, but more importantly for the thousands of other people there. And it's very respectless yo the band as well. I think it's just basic human decency not to. So to me the person/people who did it is/are cunt(s) no matter what.

On the other side you could also argue it's unfair of Axl to cut the show short for everybody, while there's just one or a few people ruining it. The others are just fans enjoying themselves and loving the show. Cheering for him. And I might not say this if the band was being assaulted with piss bottles, bottles, cans, fireworks or whatever. But reading a line off of a cigarette package??

So yeah, I think the people who did it are selfish respectless assholes no matter what. But it's also fair to say that Axl treated the rest of the crowd unfairly in this as well.

Let's just hope it doesn't fuck things up! :(

A good next show and we should be ok though.

Lot of respect for this B)

I was sitting on the lower tier block 100, parallel to the security line / front of stage, perfect unobstructed view. I and my lass never saw anything hit him and he didn't react like "oww, what fucking hit me". He turned round, saw something at the front of the stage, picked it up and looked at it (god only knows what it was), said something I couldn't make out (I thought you were my friends?), ordered the band to stop and marched off.

I noticed that.......he had something in his right hand, looked at it then said stop... :question:

It looked like a studded bracelet. Maybe that's what was thrown.

I was sat in the same Block and as you say nothing hit him, no reaction as you would if a coin hit you in a face? Someones just made that up.

Edited by GNRDude

I'm DUTCH, you fuckers!!!!

No seriously, I know it is not fair to blame all Britts for one asshole throwing something on stage. Regarding to my previous remark, I wasn't completely serious, just messing around with the English.

Anyway, we had the same in Nijmegen with that 1 asshole with his Slash t-shirt. When people in the audience notice someone trying to be an asshole, they should straighten him out before he can pull a stunt like such.

On the other hand, I think it is unfair and disrespectfull from Axl's side, to punish the whole audience/fans for an action of 1 person. I never diss Axl because he is one of my favorite rock icons of all time, but he shouldn't forget to stand with both feet on the ground once in a while. There probably are a lot more people who have to put up with more shit than Axl, and I don't see them making a big deal out of it. They keep moving on, like all of us do.

Nah, forget it.....we'll just blame the French or the Germans! ;)