has axl rose molded your personality in one way or another?

aussie_axl

has axl.... through his music molded your personality into what it is today, i'm talking about the indirect

influance the music and mr rose has had over you!, just how much power has it got over you? if any at all.

axl didn't want you to be someone of anger

or idolize this cult figure

he said just be yourself

but it's the example he sets himself

good with words

growing up seems a problem in it's self

it helps release the pressure off himself!

Edited by aussie_axl

We live in a postmodern society, and this is bound to happen.

People on this forum either like axl, and i believe will emulate him in some way,

or they dont like him, and choose to be more like Slash or someone else.

A tenet of postmodernism is that people act out what they see in the media and in music in real life, and this seems to be the leading belief at the moment. I think we all, by idolizing these band members, take on some of their qualities whether we like it or not.

has axl.... through his music molded your personality into what it is today, i'm talking about the indirect

influance the music and mr rose has had over you!, just how much power has it got over you? if any at all.

he said just be yourself

good with words

Don't think "cult Figure" is appropriate.........Terminology.

And Rock Music DID save my life, never thought I'd see Thirty, much less these days.......

we ALL deal with anger in different ways, some appropriate, some emotionally inapproprate..(according to

society) but we ALL have our personal demons to fight, and we ALL have our methods of doing so.......

Whether anybody else Approves, or NOT.........

"If ya wanna tell me how to live my life....

rattling about the sin I am in.....

How that smoking makes me cough....

All I can say is Fuck Off!......

"So I'm out tonight. drinking my beer...

Listening to music, glad that I'm here

Midsummer magic with firelight words

The Demons still scream, but sometimes I steer"

Still Crazy after all these years....

WARCHILD

We live in a postmodern society, and this is bound to happen.

People on this forum either like axl, and i believe will emulate him in some way,

or they dont like him, and choose to be more like Slash or someone else.

A tenet of postmodernism is that people act out what they see in the media and in music in real life, and this seems to be the leading belief at the moment. I think we all, by idolizing these band members, take on some of their qualities whether we like it or not.

NICELY WORDED....excellent viewpoint.....

another tenet of postmodernism is that we expect our music to contain "something sacred"

therefore we are in reality substituting our concert./music experiences for a religious one.......

So, as many people copied the Beatles' haircuts, Nirvana's flannel, name a group, and I'll name a

similarity that ties the people TO a certain group........

.Tattoos are a postmodern phenominon that isolate that person FROM society and tie him to a GROUP of society at the same time....and simutaneously..... :rolleyes:

I got MY Tats because I wanted to be as different on the outside as I felt on the inside........same with

piercings.....

anyway, Nice Post!

W.

Yeah, for a strange reason i got to the mall in thight white shorts and after leavin every place i scream GOOD - FUCKING - NIGHT to the amusement of the people.

LMAO :rofl-lol:

thats awesome.

anyhow yes he has.

since idolizing him forso long ive started thinking like him.

or seemingly a quite similar thought pattern that he has shown us in some interveiws.

i dont know how to explain it but it really gets more evident when im in a band, because i know what i want and how to make it go and what to do but usually it all craps out on me for some reason.

also ive got kinda the same sense of humour as a smart ass and deliver jokes and rants in a somewhat similar matter.

if any of that made sense without sounding like bullshit i dont know but if you got what my main point was or whatever good job i guess.

Yeah, for a strange reason i got to the mall in thight white shorts and after leavin every place i scream GOOD - FUCKING - NIGHT to the amusement of the people.

I am going to assume you are being facetious but of course if not, kindly post video or photo evidence of you doing this :rofl-lol:

I think Axl did mold my personality in some way when I was a teenager more for his lyrical power. Especially with AFD, it was really influential on me-even though he didn't pen all these songs he delivered them in a way that no one else could. I wouldn't take it as far as myself trying to emulate him in the way he dressed because I sort of find people that do this stalkerish and creepy but his "I don't care what you think I am gonna do what I please" attitude definitely had major influence on me and still does in some ways. Music is an outlet that we go to when we feel there is nothing more and those that create it do become icons or the voice of how we truly want to feel or be.

Pssst......Super Silly Space Monkey..........

I have an excellent psychiatrist......want the number??

Joking, joking

WARCHILD M.D.(manic depressive, hell yes I'm REALLY crazy)

People who start acting like the people they admire is in a certain way flattery.

Yes, in Interviews you hear their opinions and all that jazz. So you think about their thoughts, little by little you shove them to your head. They make sense (to you) and you start idolizing in a certain term.

I think I havent done that since I was 15.

The best thing to do is to look for yourself before you try and find it on someone else.

(Musically speaking as well as Relationship wise to even the point of a Friend).

But No, I do not share the same thoughts to the guy/ girl/ band I seldom listen to in my Ipod. One can only agree to a certain point and than see your different thoughts set apart.

Before i heard GnR or more to the point Axl i was shy and very unassertive, ever since Axl i aint afraid to say fuck all to anybody, i got something to say your gonna hear it, like it or not.My viewpoint is im me and i aint changing for nobody so get used to it or walk.

Axl made me realise its cool to be who you are if you can face it in the mirror and most days i can.

I don't know. I'm not a high key person with alot of anger that I show to the world.

I'm keeping myself to myself. So in that regard he hasn't molded me in any way.

But I do snakedance infront of the mirror from time to time (god, why did I share that secret :P)

And I guess he has molded me in other ways.

I don't think that GnR music changed me...

I like 'em 'cause their music fit to my way of thinking:)

It means I'm crazy hahahaha:)

Let's say it seriously: I'm fan of Guns N'Roses not 'cause I fall in love with Axl or Slash or somebody else of the band.

The first time I heard Guns N' Roses was when I was little girl but at that time I used to listen a differnd kind of music. When I grew up I said to my father:" Daddy come on let's buy some Rock N Roll CD! I want to listen this music!" . It was beacuse I've just wachted White Snake on Bulgarian TV show at 2003 'cause they were in tour on BG. So I love the music and when I went to a music store I said to seller (who is my friend :) ) to give me all good stuff of Rock music! The best groups.. so he gave me cd's of Guns N Roses and many other groups (I won't enumerate them). And after listening to all that CD's I decied that GnR are the best and their music is the closest to my heart. The first time when I saw how original GnR look was at the begining of 2005 'cause at that time my parents allow me to have cable TV.

Don't make a fun of me pls I know it's stupid not to have cable TV till 2005 but .... :rolleyes::huh:

In some ways, yeah. When I first started listening to GNR, something awakened in me. I know it sounds cheesey, but its true, and I couldnt be more thankfull for the influence Guns has had on me. B)

Ditto.

Although it was AFD and the whole band in general more than Axl. But yeah. The music changed my view on life in more than a few ways.

For some reason, I tend to never deliver anything at the day I'm supposed to... :unsure:

I think the member of GN'R that has influenced me the most is Izzy, because I tend to act like him. I'm more of a laid-back guy.

But GN'R's music has put some anger into me. It has helped me develop a critical side on me at a level I had never thought of.

he said just be yourself

good with words

yeh he has

he said just be yourself

good with words

No, I can't say he has.

I'm too rational to let myself be guided by anyone I don't know.

Though it's fair to say that I can relate to some of his lyrics, his melodies are a great "escape" for my head or have been at some point in my life but I never associated the person who wrote both melodies and lyrics to my own state of mind or personality.

I think I could only thank some bands for their musics but I couldn't admire/worship any of their members simply because I'm too down to earth to do it.

axl's had some influence over me, but it's been through his lyrics, i just felt a connection of some sorts, kinda like i could see some of myself in him!, i wouldn't say he's molded me, it's more of i seen bits of me in him!, so i felt this kinda bond there!.