How Many Dates

Vincent Vega

Hey

I know Izzy didn't play at the May 12th, 14th or 15th shows in NYC but after that has he played for the whole tour thus far? If not, what dates has he played? And does anyone think he might play with them in the States this fall and be back full time.

I think he might, because a lot of the reasons that he left are gone now:

A) Axl--If Axl acted like an asshole today, I doubt Izzy would've committed to playing with him again.

B) The stardom--At one time Izzy had a problem with playing big gigs, that doesn't seem to be an issue now

C) Drugs--I've read in interviews with Izzy that he had quit Heroin and being around Heroin users like Steven and Slash put big pressure on him. I don't think any of the current band members are drug users now, and it's probably a much less wild, crazy and decadent environment than it was in 1991.

So, with the majority of his reasons for leaving gone, perhaps Izzy will come back for good. I mean, in the time from the end of the UK tour till the US tour is a long enough time for him to learn the new songs and get back in touch with more of the old songs...So maybe (hopefully) He'll come back full time.

Edited by Mr. Miser

Hey

I know Izzy didn't play at the May 12th, 14th or 15th shows in NYC but after that has he played for the whole tour thus far? If not, what dates has he played? And does anyone think he might play with them in the States this fall and be back full time.

I think he might, because a lot of the reasons that he left are gone now:

A) Axl being a dick--If Axl still was an asshole today, I doubt Izzy would've committed to playing with him again.

B) The stardom--At one time Izzy had a problem with playing big gigs, that doesn't seem to be an issue now

C) Drugs--I've read in interviews with Izzy that he had quit Heroin and being around Heroin users like Steven and Slash put big pressure on him. I don't think any of the current band members are drug users now, and it's probably a much less wild, crazy and decadent environment than it was in 1991.

So, with the majority of his reasons for leaving gone, perhaps Izzy will come back for good. I mean, in the time from the end of the UK tour till the US tour is a long enough time for him to learn the new songs and get back in touch with more of the old songs...So maybe (hopefully) He'll come back full time.

Axl said recently is just likes to do things when he wants, so im not sure a commitment to GnR is for him, i think he just kinda wants to be on stage with Axl for now, next week he may want to jam with VR, who knows ;)