An Honest Review of last night

Deicide

would u think bout seeing them again? just out of curiousity cause ive yet to see them

I have thought about nothing more all day mate. Last night i was adamant that i would not. Today the answer would be yes. Because I can't throw 20 years of loving this band out of the window.

I did have tickets for Wembley next Sunday but they over-booked standing tickets and could only offer sitting ones, so i took a refund. I would recommend you go and see them at least once because they are so important when you look at music of the past 20 years

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh in the past 2 years ive missed both velvet revolver and guns n roses. but hopefully ill get to see both next year with new material. ino alot people hate the split but theres def an up side to having 2 gr8 bands

Ummm.... I'm not big on Revolver to be honest. I mean, I think the new gn'r are great, but i'd obviously like them all back together. The thing that got my into gnr, and the thing that keeps me there is Axl's voice, and that is why i though Revolver were naff(as too were slashs snakepit etc)

In fact the only solo project i really enjoyed was Duffs!

I have been to well over a thousand gigs in my time and I have never seen anything like what happened last night. Also, are you syaing that it is okay to cut a set short JUST because it is Axl? Why do we go on treating him like a god, in that he can do anything he wants just becasue he is Axl?

Exactly.. ;)

I also have been to many gigs in my time. And this is the first I've ever left feeling short changed. Not because they were shit but because they were brilliant. As I have mentioned at one time I thought this was the best gig I've ever been to and that's saying something. But it was spoilt by Axl not giving the ending EVERYONE was waiting for. The ending is always what you remember most about a gig and this one sucked. No thanks, no bows, they just ran off stage and a voice from behind the decks said..."that's it....show's over goodnight". The crowd stood there stunned……in almost disbelief, one guy next to me thought it was part of the show. Then the light came on and the reality sunk it. It was such a downer.

And why? Because someone threw something?

I personally don’t believe he was hit by a coin as some have reported. If someone hit you with a coin in the face it’d hurt, and no one saw him flinch, this rumour is pure fantasy. I was sat right opposite the stage and I am not alone in seeing him holding something and looking at it then walking off stage. Something was thrown, yes but it was not a coin.

Edited by GNRDude

everybody knows don't throw anything to Axl because he get's pissed off, You can't blame Axl, you can blame the motherfucker who has thrown the coin..

That's like saying don't blame the killer who murdered the wife, blame the wife for making him mad because she should have "known better."

At the beginning of this tour I was happy because I thought he had kind of lost his ego a bit, but it seems to be coming back since the incident in Belgium. :(

Well everyone, having just read this whole page i must admit i'm slightly concerned about my 40 pound investment into tonights gig in Glasgow! I'm a massive Guns N Roses fan, granted i couldn't appreciate Appetite for Destruction when it came out as i'm only 20! But anyway, i'm as big a fan as they come, and i'm thoroughly looking forward to my night seeing Axl and co play!

I completely defend Axl, if anyone throws anything tonight and a similar thing happens i'll walk away knowing that some fucking idiot spoiled it for the rest of us! I'm going out to enjoy my night, hear my favourite band play and worship Axl Rose!

PS I soooooooo wish they would play Rocket Queen and Dead Horse!!!!!!!!!

BEHAVE YOURSELF IN GLASGOW PPL!!!!!!!!!!

That is all except me, however. Axl, you have lost a fan of twenty years with you dummy-spitting performance tonight.

Yea fucking right!

This loser is gonna buy the CD, and everyone knows it.

Whaaa whaaa....cry me a fucking river. Some asshole threw a fucking coin at the guys face while he's giving his heart out performing these songs. He's lucky Axl even came back to finish Nighttrain. Most people would've walked off stage too after getting shit thrown AT THEIR FACE.

I personally don’t believe he was hit by a coin as some have reported. If someone hit you with a coin in the face it’d hurt, and no one saw him flinch, this rumour is pure fantasy. I was sat right opposite the stage and I am not alone in seeing him holding something and looking at it then walking off stage. Something was thrown, yes but it was not a coin.

The newcastle gig was truely awesome, far, far better than the UYI Gateshead stadium gig! The crowd were into it and band & Axl were enjoying themselves.

I've still gotta agree with the above quote though. It was just a shame it ended on a downer!

I'll still be going to see them when I can though and will be the first in line when the cd comes out! I hope Axl realises that whatever happened wasn't a reflection of the 12,000 in the arena who loved the show.

First off, thanks to everybody who spotted my DELIBERATE mistake by putting in Madagascar and not 'The Blues'. Interestingly, it was only people on this here website who noticed that mistake (this review has been posted all over the net today!) so well done!

Yes of course it was deliberate...............

Regarding the review, it sounds a bit like the "the ladybird book of my first rock concert".

And to call Axl childish and then spit your dummy out and say you're ending your musical "relationship" with him (whatever that means - I assume you mean just listening to his records?) is a bit pot, kettle and black.

It was very unfortunate that the concert ended in that way, and I am very sorry you missed PC.... but you can't seriously believe that Axl wished for the concert to go this way? He is hot headed and acts on impulse and I'm sure he regrets walking away. But I think to reject Axl/Guns n roses for good because he didn't do an encore sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face...

So I think you should get tickets for another show (probably a bit nearer to home!) and re-evaluate the situation, because at the end of the day Axl will have wanted to do that show without walking off before the end, but the person throwing stuff ruined that.

I also think the fact it was 12:15 could have caused the promoter to call the show to stop, and with Axl already pissed off, he didn't need much persuasion to leave.

LP

Just after seven we sore the stage lights go down and Sebastian Bach came on. After a really solid, well paced set he left and soon after we sore upstarts Bullet for my Valentine take the stage. We were not here for the support acts at all, but have to admit that BFMV looked pretty good as the arena was filling up nicely for the arrival of who we all wanted to see. BFMY left the stage at I think was about half eight.

As happens at gigs such as this, everybody with standing tickets then started to make their way to the front, and everybody with sitting tickets began to sit down and be ready for the main event. Little did we fans realize that Axl would keep us waiting until 10:15 before he came on!

So, u telling us that bach AND BFMV did their shows in less then half an hour?

In Stockholm BFMV played about 40 min. And that was only them..

This makes no sense..

Sound like you "wanted" to wait little longer then you actually did :rolleyes:

No harm feelings involved? :ph34r:

"I think it was about half eight."

Yeah, you think it was..

First off, thanks to everybody who spotted my DELIBERATE mistake by putting in Madagascar and not 'The Blues'. Interestingly, it was only people on this here website who noticed that mistake (this review has been posted all over the net today!) so well done!

Yes of course it was deliberate...............

Regarding the review, it sounds a bit like the "the ladybird book of my first rock concert".

And to call Axl childish and then spit your dummy out and say you're ending your musical "relationship" with him (whatever that means - I assume you mean just listening to his records?) is a bit pot, kettle and black.

It was very unfortunate that the concert ended in that way, and I am very sorry you missed PC.... but you can't seriously believe that Axl wished for the concert to go this way? He is hot headed and acts on impulse and I'm sure he regrets walking away. But I think to reject Axl/Guns n roses for good because he didn't do an encore sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face...

So I think you should get tickets for another show (probably a bit nearer to home!) and re-evaluate the situation, because at the end of the day Axl will have wanted to do that show without walking off before the end, but the person throwing stuff ruined that.

I also think the fact it was 12:15 could have caused the promoter to call the show to stop, and with Axl already pissed off, he didn't need much persuasion to leave.

LP

Of course it wasn't a deliberate mistake!!!! Can you not sopt irony.

The reason it was written like it was my first concert is cos it was. It was my first guns n roses concert after waiting 20 years. I've worked in music journalism for the past ten years so you can trust me when i say i have been to a LOT of concerts in my time.

Anyway, this is all going over old ground. Some people (mainly i guess these people are teenagers, as they have no common sense) just want to idolise the man without thinking about it in perspective.

I can;t be bothered arguing over this anymore.

It was a coin, and who the fuck said it hit him in the face? A pound coin was thrown, I saw him pick it up and see that it was a pound coin, that is why he left, he knew how serious it could have been if it hit him in the face.

Luckily it didnt.

But it was a coin, I saw it with my own eyes.

Surprised? Why? This has been a staple in the live show since 88. They never stopped playing that live. You pretty much here it every show.

A staple of the live show? What? Think About You was only played in 1986.... they didn't bring it back out again until the 2002 tour. It's hardly been a 'staple in the live show'. ;)

It was a coin, and who the fuck said it hit him in the face? A pound coin was thrown, I saw him pick it up and see that it was a pound coin, that is why he left, he knew how serious it could have been if it hit him in the face.

Luckily it didnt.

But it was a coin, I saw it with my own eyes.

Cheers for clearing this up mate. Like I said I saw him pick something up but didn't see anything hit him.

Which thick fuck throws a quid, the stupid twat!

Surprised? Why? This has been a staple in the live show since 88. They never stopped playing that live. You pretty much here it every show.

A staple of the live show? What? Think About You was only played in 1986.... they didn't bring it back out again until the 2002 tour. It's hardly been a 'staple in the live show'. ;)

Thats exactly what I thought :)

God, take your complaining somewhere else. So you didn't see PC, BIG FUCKING DEAL! Tell your story to the thousands of people that were at St. Louis, Motnreal, Vancouver and most importantly, Philly. See what they have to say. :fuckyou:

Back at ya :fuckyou:

This is a review thread, I am giving my review.

Edited by GNRDude

lol

"Don't throw or drops shit on the band or the concert is over."

The announcer usualy says somthing like that before MOST concerts. It only takes 1 bad apple to ruin somthing, and that's pretty much how life goes.

You payed for the whole show, and you got the whole show. They can give out an encore if they want, and they didn't think Newcastle deserved one.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

¨(...) A fan threw a pound coin which hit Axl in the face. He muttered something, told the band to stop playing and then walked off the stage, mid-song, and said ‘Good night.’ He then returned a few minutes later, told the crowd to tell security if they saw anyone throwing anything, and started Nightrain again. (...)¨

He was hit in the face, and then started nightrain again? He was good then. These fans didn't deserve more songs.

¨The song drew to a close, the lights went out and Axl simply said ‘The show is over,’ and the houselights came on.¨

Lol. The show is over.... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Anahzul