GN'R won't have mainstream popularity in U.S.after CD release.

Sprite

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really agree. Look how well GH sold, and is still selling. I think if they give it the right promo, and the songs are half decent, it could do really well.
all it needs is good promotion.

It will do fine if it gets enough of it.

that is somthing i deffinity hope they work on in august, it's like get this shit out already but at the same time give it really good promotion!

the people who youre worrying about now buying it are those fahhot kids with the black mushroom cuts and the girl pants and just being all around gay in everything they do.

those are the people keeping those fall out boy fags on top and all that crap but everybody else fuckin hates them.

look whats on top today.

Emo shit and some latino bitches nobody cares about.

why?

12 year old girls and emo fags.

MTV just wont play anything else because they figure theyre getting enough money for this right now.

everybody else hates the emo kids and that crap too and are waiting for something good to come on.

thats why half the kids in the country aer getting into GNR led zeppelin beatles and everything, but they dont care about MTV.

everybodys waiting for something to knock those emo fags out of the picture and with MTV's interest in CD i thinkn theyre gonna let em.

other than the emo fags who worship kurt and hate axl because kurt did and the average uneducayed fan who hates the new band just because they saw VH1 and havent even heard their music or wont give them a chance you have nothing to worry about.

VR almost did the same thing but people realized "hey they arent that good" so nothing happened.

all the other kids and people will be thinking hey finally something good comes out, and GNR will be top 10 for a long time.

then MTV's gonna get the idea that "hey our audience has doubled, our music sure sucked" and thats when better music might come out.

excuse me if i didnt make sense or sounded more optimistic than i was supposed to but the heat over here is in a triple digit so leave me alone.

I think more people care then lead on, but only the hardcore fans talk about GNR'. A release date, a tour ,will get some people talking, but until people see a disk at the store, hear new music on the radio, tv, etc., Gnr for the most part is considered old school 80's rockband. I know they played in the 90's. the 2002 tour wasn' promoted at all alot of people didn't even know they were on the road, that's sad.

oh well if they don't make it huge like they used to be I don't care I'll still be there as will most of you, and that's all that matters.

everyone ive played the leaks to outside of gnr forums dont like them'

some have been very vocal about not liking them'

i happen to like them'but from my experience not many others do-sorry but thats a fact

If your assumption ends up being correct then the same goes for the U.K but i think the main reason for the lack of hype is simply because of the lack of material. I've heard and seen recently on a regular basis old Guns N' Roses songs being played. Now i don't know if this is because Chinese Democracy is due for release soon or merely just coincidence but once the first and second single come out and the album i'm quietly confident it will become a huge success, i mean it's going to be too big to fail in my opinion.

"GN'R won't have mainstream popularity in U.S.after CD release"

well dude, that depends on how hot some of the material is.

If they wrote another appetite, they would rule mainstream.

axl wanted to bury appetite & progress

thats why over ten years later he's still playing the majority of it

Making this album a success isn't the hard part. The hard part is getting Axl to release it already.

I think it's coming soon but until the heavy promotion starts there does exist some nagging doubt.

This band isn't the same Guns N' Roses the world remembers..

-Kickingthehabit

I think that's why they are gradually showing the world who they are again. Of course to us and the dedicated Rock music fan we know who is in the band but to a lot of strangers out there who don't they are all finally realising. I believe that the vast majority of the world knows that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt are not in the band but i also believe that these people don't know who replaced them.

-Kickingthehabit

I think that's why they are gradually showing the world who they are again. Of course to us and the dedicated Rock music fan we know who is in the band but to a lot of strangers out there who don't they are all finally realising. I believe that the vast majority of the world knows that Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt are not in the band but i also believe that these people don't know who replaced them.

they aint exactly shouting who replaced them from the rooftops either are they

-Kickingthehabit

they aint exactly shouting who replaced them from the rooftops either are they

Yeah i agree which is a shame but i guess that's all down to the P.R side of the business at the end of the day.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

-Kickingthehabit

Guns N' Roses will always be synonymous with the classic line-up.. nothing will change that..

When the younger generation realizes that the band they see on stage is not the same band that recorded Appetite for Destruction.. you're only going to have more fans wishing they would reunite..

-Kickingthehabit

People have to accept that what was can never be again.

GNR had their comeback in 2001-2002. When people realized nothing was going to come of it, they tuned out. Diehard fans of course still want GNR to come back in power, but GNR won't gain popularity with the mainstream.

People have to accept that what was can never be again.

GNR had their comeback in 2001-2002. When people realized nothing was going to come of it, they tuned out. Diehard fans of course still want GNR to come back in power, but GNR won't gain popularity with the mainstream.

I think Guns N' Roses being in the mainstream could be more damaging than good. So many artists come and go every single year. It's the guys who can make it outside of the mainstream as well as in it that will be remembered as greats.

I personally believe album sales will be very similar to the trend with Velvet Revolver. They will probably debut at number one on the charts and then slip pretty drastically from there, even if the album is outstanding. Guns N' Roses are still a big name here in States, but even other older legendary bands like The Rolling Stones don't sell that many albums for more than a few weeks. VR has sold about 2 millions copies of Contraband, give or take, and that is based on the hype of Gnr+STP and their strong first single. If Guns comes out with a strong single to lead things off, is currently on tour, and promotes the album well, it will DEFINITELY do better than Contraband when all is said and done, but I don't see it being a top Ten album for very long. I can't predict total album sales though. Overall, the album will sell well and start out on fire, but I don't see it anywhere near Appetite or even the Illusion albums. This post is not supposed to be negative; the point is that regardless of how good an album is, without a ton of mainstream popularity (like Britney Spears or something) it won't sell all that well.

Exactly what the topic title say, you've seen other 80's bands try it, it never works. Sorry Axl, mainstream fame is over for you. :(

All I'm saying is it might have one week in the top 10 than it's over with. Most of the people who decide top 40 (teenagers) don't even know/care about Guns N' Roses.

I feel like such a nerd when I post topics. :lol:

Exactly.

Which is why the person who cares the most about GnR's legacy had to do what he had to do. It may have taken longer, but atleast it's not Snakepit or VR. Axl's working hard to take GnR to a higher level because he knows if he stayed at the same level as what the old band was bringing, GnR would have a died a long time ago without any hope of reincarnation.

There is still hope. The new band and CD still gives us hope. Axl will deliver. Success is Axl's only option.

I predict that it will sell at least 3 million, here in the US, just based on the GNR name alone. In order for it to sustain success, the quality of the music has to be great. A lot of people here are close-minded and will say it sucks without even listening to it because of Axl's reputation and Slash's absence from the record. It comes down to word of mouth, again that goes back to the album's quality, if the word of mouth is positive, it's possible that it could eventually reach 10 million. People these days don't buy albums, like they did in the 80's and the early 90's.