GN'R won't have mainstream popularity in U.S.after CD release.

Sprite

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chinese Democracy is going to come out this November (which I doubt), they had better get the hype machine going RIGHT NOW......it's only about 4 months away.

Some movies release their trailers a full year before its release.....GNR has been gone for a decade....they needed to get going on the promotion yesterday if they want this thing to build up steam.

Obviously they are going to need MTV and radio support also. Rock radio station airplay (listened to by middle aged 80's rockers) ain't going to cut it alone. GNR's gonna need some mainstream station airplay like Green Day and Nickelback get. That's why the first single needs to be a poppy rock song like SCOM.

.....Which is why I don't think CD will come out this year. $14 million spent on the album....November is 4 months away....and still no word. It probably wont make 2006.

Exactly what the topic title say, you've seen other 80's bands try it, it never works. Sorry Axl, mainstream fame is over for you. :(

All I'm saying is it might have one week in the top 10 than it's over with. Most of the people who decide top 40 (teenagers) don't even know/care about Guns N' Roses.

I feel like such a nerd when I post topics. :lol:

Exactly.

Which is why the person who cares the most about GnR's legacy had to do what he had to do. It may have taken longer, but atleast it's not Snakepit or VR. Axl's working hard to take GnR to a higher level because he knows if he stayed at the same level as what the old band was bringing, GnR would have a died a long time ago without any hope of reincarnation.

This 'higher level' that you're speaking of is laughable..

Do you consider songs like Better and There Was A Time to be greater than the likes of Coma or Estranged..?

-Kickingthehabit

Exactly what the topic title say, you've seen other 80's bands try it, it never works. Sorry Axl, mainstream fame is over for you. :(

All I'm saying is it might have one week in the top 10 than it's over with. Most of the people who decide top 40 (teenagers) don't even know/care about Guns N' Roses.

I feel like such a nerd when I post topics. :lol:

Exactly.

Which is why the person who cares the most about GnR's legacy had to do what he had to do. It may have taken longer, but atleast it's not Snakepit or VR. Axl's working hard to take GnR to a higher level because he knows if he stayed at the same level as what the old band was bringing, GnR would have a died a long time ago without any hope of reincarnation.

This 'higher level' that you're speaking of is laughable..

Do you consider songs like Better and There Was A Time to be greater than the likes of Coma or Estranged..?

-Kickingthehabit

Bet you'd consider them great if Slash was on lead, right? :lol:

Seriously man, this is a new band with a new sound. If you don't like it then go troll the VR boards. This is for GN'R fans....

If Slash was on lead, you'd have a better product.. that goes without saying

This alone has more heart in it than anything on the current leaks..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...5B1CE0C53E24ACE

Seriously man, this is a new band with a new sound. If you don't like it then go cupcake the VR boards. This is for GN'R fans....

I'll buy into that when they stop relying on Appetite for Destruction to sell tickets..

Songs for the 2006 tour: Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child 'O Mine, Out Ta Get Me, You Could be Mine, November Rain, My Michelle, Patience, Think About You, Live and Let Die, Paradise City, Rocket Queen.

Out of an entire set-list, they usually only perform 3 new songs. This is after 8 years of songwriting..

New band, new sound.. and nothing to show for it..

-Kickingthehabit

If Slash was on lead, you'd have a better product.. that goes without saying

This alone has more heart in it than anything on the current leaks..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...5B1CE0C53E24ACE

Seriously man, this is a new band with a new sound. If you don't like it then go cupcake the VR boards. This is for GN'R fans....

I'll buy into that when they stop relying on Appetite for Destruction to sell tickets..

Songs for the 2006 tour: Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child 'O Mine, Out Ta Get Me, You Could be Mine, November Rain, My Michelle, Patience, Think About You, Live and Let Die, Paradise City, Rocket Queen.

Out of an entire set-list, they usually only perform 3 new songs. This is after 8 years of songwriting..

New band, new sound.. and nothing to show for it..

-Kickingthehabit

spot on dude' thats why i aint going to any concerts'

if i go to see anyone play those songs it will be slash & the old guys'

I don't really agree. Look how well GH sold, and is still selling. I think if they give it the right promo, and the songs are half decent, it could do really well.

Good point..GH sold massively well.

AND..GnR was/is the biggest selling tour in the UK currently (it may have changed by now...but for a while it was).

Download also sold more single day tickets for GnR Sunday than the other days.

That can't be overlooked.

Interest is definitely there..

Yeah! 180 weeks on the chart and counting

record sales are hard to figure with so many people who download. it would be impossible to outsell AFD, UYI those were different times. Let's not get all worked up on sales numbers or if they will be mainstream lets just hope Axl releases the CD and let the chip fall.