New York Dolls instore performance in NYC

Zint

Just in case any Dolls fans in New York City from this forum weren't aware of this..

taken from the Dolls official website..

"Location: NYC, NY

Notes:

New York Dolls - 7/25/2006 07:00 PM

Tower Village (692 Broadway, New York, NY )

THEY'RE BACK!! NYC legends the New York Dolls will be celebrating the release of their new album "One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This" with a special instore performance on July 25th at 7pm. Stop by and pick up a copy of the new album at 9am on the 25th to get a laminate for admission to this exclusive event. Due to the high demand for this performance, there will be a limit of 2 cd's/laminates per customer. Hope to see you there....."

Edited by zint61

Hey fans in L.A.

you get an instore appearance too!

this from the band's website............

"The New York Dolls Live @ Tower Sunset - 7/28/2006 07:00 PM

Tower Sunset Pop (8801 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA )

Can you believe it? The New York Dolls live at Tower Records. It looks like Tower is the only retailer in the US getting a NY Dolls in-store. Tower NYC on street date and Tower Sunset a few days later. The songs on the new Dolls CD, One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This, sound right out of the 70's. Arthur "Killer" Kane, Jerry Nolan & Johnny Thunders will be there in spirit, especially Arthur since he used to live up the street and come in the store almost every day. You'll need to purchase the new CD starting on July 25th to receive a wrist-band for the performance and signing. Wrist-bands are limited."

cool!...hope you make it!

Give us the scoop if you do get in!

Will do, right now I know they are going to play a 30 min set. They also said if you cant get in for the performance they will let you in afterwards to get autographs and shit.

I found this:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=105042

New York Dolls

"The Radio Chick Show"

92.3 WFNY

New York, NY

July, 25, 2006

Source/Lineage: FM>Cool Edit Pro (via line-in)>Wave>Flac (level 6)

Taped by: Al (moderndaywarrior2112@yahoo.com)

Modern Day Warrior Recordingzzz

Total Time 36:04

1. Intro/Interview Segment #1 12:01

2. Dance Like A Monkey 3:39

3. Interview Segment #2 11:55

4. Personality Crisis 3:56

5. Interview Segment #3 1:29

6. After All 3:01

Notes:

New York Dolls perform 3 songs on Radio Chick Show in NYC along with an interview with the band. They are supposed to do an in store signing and performance also at Tower Records in NYC. Hope you enjoy and buy their new cd "One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This" which is also out today.

Well, what can I say? It was a great performance by the Dolls. It was a real intimate show they only could fit a few hundred people inside Tower Records. The Dolls came on about 7:10 and play a set of 8 songs. The ones of the new album were and these go in order: We're All in Love, Punishing World, Rainbow Store, Plenty of Music, Gimme Luv and Turn on the Light, Dance Like a Monkey. They then played two classics: Lookin' For a Kiss and Personality Crisis. The set lasted about an hour and the band and everyone was really into it. Syl and Dave cracked a lot of jokes the whole time. After they played they did an autograph signing, the whole band was really cool. Syl asked me if I wanted to trade shirts. All in all, great time.

The new ablum is good, if you like their old stuff, buy it!

Edited by slash06

I saw Dolls live on the 8th of this month.One of the best live shows i have ever seen.Those old guys are awesome!.Looking For A Kiss and Personality Crisis were fantastic.To my surprise they played You Can`t Put Your Arms Around A Memory to honor Mr.Thunders.Dave said that they have inspired alot of great bands but the best band in the world ever is Janis Joplin and then they started on Piece Of My Heart.Syl and Dave were talking alot of funny stuff pretty much between every song.

Ordered their new album today,should get on friday.

Go Dolls!