07.22.2006 Guns N' Roses Heat wave

droezle

I dont think Axl was thinking about the risks.....

he was just pissed off (and who can blame him?)

mr.Q

You may be right -- but the "risk" that I mentioned is a very real one.

As for the statement about it -- well, Axl can't just walk off the stage in the middle of a show anymore (unless he has a very good reason to do so). Afterall, I'm guessing he has to "prove" during this overseas tour that he can show up for shows if he hopes to convince a promoter to back the band for a U.S. tour.

what do you think a promotor would think about his late arrivals?

(personal experience: Madrid 2.5hr; Almeria 1.5 hr)

This might end up in a riot (hopefully it doesn't). In Madrid it nearly did, throwing chairs etc.

A riot is a very serious risk for any promotor I guess.

mr.Q

Theres a lot of reasons for late starts. Most of the concerts ive been have been about an hour late. A concer t isnt like a movie, you can't just hit play.

Don't start with shit like "They are having technical dificulties" or something similar

I'm not complaining about an hour or so (in fact I'm not complaining at all, I'll have a beer and just wait)

I was only talking about the risk that it could go wrong.

mr.Q

P.S. Why doesn't he buy a PDA!

This just in folks ....

The first guy who hit Axl with an object was none other Scott Weiland disguised as a drunken English man. The second guy was seen to be wearing a black top hat and a tied up afro.

That's fucking bullshit man.

I heard it was Stephanie Seymour and Dylan.

Really? Freaky shit ... the conspiracy plot thickens. Who would waste that much money to buy tickets to see a band just to throw shit at them? It's a conspiracy!!!

Wow, you make retarded people look like normal people if you ask me.

This is V.R. schedule.

* 7/21 - Las Vegas, NV.

* 7/22 - Costa Mesa, CA.

* 7/27 - Highland, CA.

* 7/29 - Kelseyville, CA.

* 7/30 - Paso Robles, CA.

Now will you please shut your dumb ass up already. Just because we all have Internet doesnt mean we can say stupid comments like yours and still try to defend them.

I dont even care if you were joking or not, you just gave me a headache trying to read your Post's.

Do you guys honestly think the actual members in the band made those comments in the press release? Sounds a little too pussy-like fake. Maybe if some credible reporter made the report, but coming from GnR's management? I'm sure GnR has the money to employ publicists to write this crap.

I'm sure Axl has good intentions but the Axl in the past would have never gave a fuck. And I'm sure he could care less now either except that he's doing a comeback. Once GnR is on top again, don't expect these lame press releases.

**coughcoughthankstothelameasssecurityI'mgoinghomecoughcough**

Axl in the past wouldn't have given a fuck??

Hamilton Ontario 1993...someone chucked a lighter and hit Axl in the face...show over!

I was there...and I didn't blame him one bit.Throwing shit at ANYONE is a fucktard thing to do.

Axl's not the only one to end a show because of shit being thrown...one (of many) examples,Oasis in Vancouver...people were throwing pennies etc...show over!

Did Axl and company at the time release a press statement for stopping that show early?

I don't think you understood my post correctly. Read it again. If it helps, I was referring to the lame ass press release. If Axl wasn't trying on a comeback, who would have never gave a shit about putting out a press release. He would never apologize for stopping a show because he knows he was justified. But Axl's management knows Axl has only one chance left. So, hence all these gay press releases justifying Axl's actions.

and if i was

I think you're being unfair.

This is a different era - a far more dangerous one - and nothing sent this message home more than the Dimebag Darrell tragedy. Unfortunately, it just takes one nutcase out there to silence a band forever. So, who can blame Axl or any band member for not wanting to take that risk when people start randomly throwing things at them onstage? These same people could have been throwing a knife or shooting a gun. I think Axl was smart to leave the stage when he did.

As for the press statement -- well, maybe it will make fans look at the fans around them more closely and stop them from throwing things onstage.

yes you are correct, people who throw shit are trying to hurt somebody period...it aint cool and it never will be.....

Do you guys honestly think the actual members in the band made those comments in the press release? Sounds a little too pussy-like fake. Maybe if some credible reporter made the report, but coming from GnR's management? I'm sure GnR has the money to employ publicists to write this crap.

I'm sure Axl has good intentions but the Axl in the past would have never gave a fuck. And I'm sure he could care less now either except that he's doing a comeback. Once GnR is on top again, don't expect these lame press releases.

There is a video on youtube of Axl getting furious over fans messing around with lighters during Civil War, from the 90's. Axl Rose can't stand it when people in the crowd are fucking around, so he definately would not stand for being pegged with some shit from the audience. TWICE.

The problem is not only that people throw stuff on stage but the band members can be INJURED. Imagine the situation: a band playing in a festival ( GNR or whoever ) and as you know, most of the festivals take place in open areas with sand and stones...etc. What if some dude decides to throw a stone and it hits the artist´s head? Or at whatever concert someone may throw a bottle full of water, pee or whatever and throws it to a musician/singer and gets injured....

There´s nothing wrong with throwing a t-shirt or a flag or something like that but throwing other stuff can be dangerous. Also they can slip on stage because of the objects and they also provoke distractions in the musicians or singers.

People should think twice before throwing things on stage and should try to put themselves in the artist´s shoes for a moment. It´s not cool to be there performing while thrown objects. It must be very upsetting, even more when you see all this shit coming from your own fans.

mr.Q

As for the statement about it -- well, Axl can't just walk off the stage in the middle of a show anymore (unless he has a very good reason to do so). Afterall, I'm guessing he has to "prove" during this overseas tour that he can show up for shows if he hopes to convince a promoter to back the band for a U.S. tour.

This might end up in a riot (hopefully it doesn't). In Madrid it nearly did, throwing chairs etc.

mr.Q

Theres a lot of reasons for late starts. Most of the concerts ive been have been about an hour late. A concer t isnt like a movie, you can't just hit play.

very true, i expect most big bands to be about an hour late, but 2.5 hours in madrid? and it was close to 3 hours when i caught them in pittsburgh! and i was possibly waiting for axl to eat some fucking lamb?! he needs to just have the damn shows scheduled later or have his management on top of this shit.

FUCK YOU MAN! You have no right to dis Axl for wanting a lamb dinner. For all you know, he was starving to death and that lamb was the only thing that saved the concert.

Axl should have the right to show up three hours late and fat with lamb. Hell, he has the right to not show up at all. YOu should just be grateful that he's drawing breath on this Earth. And you should not have the right to complain about it. GO LISTEN TO VR! Axl can shit in my mouth, and I'd call it Snickers.

I believe every word of Axl's management's press release. AXL ROOOOOOLLZ! SLASH IS BAD! CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW! SILKWORMS NUMBER ONE SINGLE OF 2K7!!!!

WOW! That was, uh, weird

mr.Q

mr.Q

very true, i expect most big bands to be about an hour late, but 2.5 hours in madrid? and it was close to 3 hours when i caught them in pittsburgh! and i was possibly waiting for axl to eat some fucking lamb?! he needs to just have the damn shows scheduled later or have his management on top of this shit.

FUCK YOU MAN! You have no right to dis Axl for wanting a lamb dinner. For all you know, he was starving to death and that lamb was the only thing that saved the concert.

Axl should have the right to show up three hours late and fat with lamb. Hell, he has the right to not show up at all. YOu should just be grateful that he's drawing breath on this Earth. And you should not have the right to complain about it. GO LISTEN TO VR! Axl can shit in my mouth, and I'd call it Snickers.

I believe every word of Axl's management's press release. AXL ROOOOOOLLZ! SLASH IS BAD! CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW! SILKWORMS NUMBER ONE SINGLE OF 2K7!!!!

NOW we´re talking Axlite :D

But u made some good points. If he have had his mouth open a little wider when the object hit him, it maby would had i stucked in his throat...

THE END.

R.I.P Axl. U gave your fans a light in life.

They tooked yours.

THAT would have been even "frustrating" for those frustrated fans that throw shit at him...

And would have searched them and...

Killed them. :devil:

wasnt it like a month or so back when i think it was robin got hit a couple of times, and it was like a bottle of piss that HE threatened to walk off stage??? so right there, thats a band member being like "fuck this getting it with stuff bullshit" so axl got he 2x, and once in the mouth... i wouldnt perform under that kinda stuff.... id walk off stage 2