Daily Record Live Review

frobscottle

I don't know if you'll get this online, but this a review of last night's gig, which can be found in late editions of today's Daily Record newspaper

Axl goes in with all Guns blazing

GUNS N' ROSES rocked Glasgow last night at a sell out show fans had waited more than a decade for.

Axl Rose is the only surving member of the original line-up but that didn't deter the thousands of fans who packed the city's SECC for the band's only Scottish gig.

They kicked off the show in style with a stunning rendition of Welcome To The Jungle, accompanied by a massive pyrotechnic display.

They followed it with It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, from debut album Appetite For Destruction.

Their cover of Paul McCartney's Bond anthem Live And Let Die shook the entire arena as the band worked through a selection of greatest hits and tracks from new album Chinese Democracy.

Rose showed no signs of wear or tear as he turned back the clock to provide a stand-out frontman perforamnce.

And he returned the warm welcome he received, telling the crowd, "Thank you so much for coming out tonight - you're the best, totally insane. And I should know because I'm Scottish too."

© Daily Record Newspaper.

Theres a concert reviews section in tomorrows Sunday Mail, so its more than likely that there will be a fuller review in there as well.

I hope we get to read it tomorrow - but I've noticed recently, that reviews are being published a couple of weeks after the gig. :(

Fingers crossed 'cos it was just shit hot!!!!

Oooooh roll on tomoz! Manchester here I come! :D

I also read The Metro on the way up to the gig on the train. There was an article about the gig. It summed up my anticipation by saying "All that matters is they are going to play Sweet Child. And Paradise City. And Live And Let Die. And its going to be brilliant. Stick that in your revolver and smoke it, Slash"

I also read The Metro on the way up to the gig on the train. There was an article about the gig. It summed up my anticipation by saying "All that matters is they are going to play Sweet Child. And Paradise City. And Live And Let Die. And its going to be brilliant. Stick that in your revolver and smoke it, Slash"

Lmao! Oh I love it! :D

Theres a concert reviews section in tomorrows Sunday Mail, so its more than likely that there will be a fuller review in there as well.

I hope we get to read it tomorrow - but I've noticed recently, that reviews are being published a couple of weeks after the gig. :(

Fingers crossed 'cos it was just shit hot!!!!

Oooooh roll on tomoz! Manchester here I come! :D

yeah, they are tending to wait a few weeks before publishing gig reviews now but they will definitely review Guns a some point, and if they dont....i'll write them a letter.... ;) hahahaha!