Fight with the security guy a setup?

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

I haven't been on the boards for awhile, so excuse me if this has been covered or more information has came out about it. And for those of you who were about to write some sarcastic comment about "search function" . . . . fuck off.

I read the interview with the security guard and he sounded like a total tool. His story sounded exageratted.

That got me to thinking . . . . could the publicity team behind the new GnR have staged this "fight"?

Something to not only keep people from talking about a reunion or the old guns, Axl's hair cut, etc . . .but to also bring some bad-boy cred back to Axl?

To you and I, true GnR fans stupid shit like that doesn't matter anymore. Maybe when we were 17 and thought it was cool to get in fights or destroy hotel rooms or to get drunk and beligerant.

But hasn't the spat with the Hilfinger guy, and now the drunken blowup that took five cops to subdue the crazy rocker . . . . could this just be an attempt to keep Axl's reputation up as a bad boy?

When I was telling a friend about it, her first comment was "wow, he's still crazy!"

yeah, ever since most of the original members left the band the whole 'bad ass' rep has dissapeared, so you may be right, i certainly wouldnt be happy if it was a lie to make people think he was still crazy!

That got me to thinking . . . . could the publicity team behind the new GnR have staged this "fight"?....

Umm.. no.

If you had been around the forums and watched the story unfold, you would know this was not planned. Damage control came much later. There were no GNR handlers around to control the spin on the story for a couple of days. If it was organized, they would have "spun" the story right from the start.