Do you like Nirvana?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Nirvana  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because we all love this debate.

I think Kurt was not only a great songwriter, but a true American folk artist. Nirvana's music is essential to the history of this country.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find them absolutely horrible. And before people start with the "People here just don't like them because of the Axl thing" stuff, let me say that I, for one, knew about Nirvana a bit before I knew about Gn'R and I still don't understand the feud between Axl and Kurt and don't care either way, especially because Axl has a feud with just about everyone.

Because we all love this debate.

I think Kurt was not only a great songwriter, but a true American folk artist. Nirvana's music is essential to the history of this country.

dumb place for this question, everyone hates him because he fought with axl verbally. :laugh:

i dont like the music much, some of it is okay. i dont like him as a person because i thought he was a hypocrite and a dumb wannabe anarchist - rebel without a clue. not very intelligent and he hid behind a "fuck society" attitude that was only hailed because of when it took place. it was a matter of place and time.

I like them very much, but I used to idolize them.

When you're 12 or 13, I think you tend to like punkier music than when you grow a little. At least I do. I still enjoy listening to Nirvana, but I do it just once in a while, except for the Unplugged album, which I listen to quite frequently.

As I grew up, I returned to my GN'R roots that I had left a while back. I am now more into hard rock, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the Seattle trio's music.

I like them very much, but I used to idolize them.

When you're 12 or 13, I think you tend to like punkier music than when you grow a little. At least I do. I still enjoy listening to Nirvana, but I do it just once in a while, except for the Unplugged album, which I listen to quite frequently.

As I grew up, I returned to my GN'R roots that I had left a while back. I am now more into hard rock, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the Seattle trio's music.

hey man cool sig - but it's So now I wander through my days / Tryin' to find a way / to these feelings that I felt / I saved for you and no one else ;)

Edited by Buckets of Rain

Before anyone claims my opinions are based on Axl's, I heard of and hated Nirvana far before I even got into Gn'R's style of music, let alone them.

I cannot see anything at all great about the cryptic, repetitive, boring, unimaginative, idiotic, idiosyncratic lyrics. Kurt Cobain was an awful guitarist, period. His riffology and soloing was exhaustingly boring. The bass work is average at best. Dave Grohl, however, is a joy to listen to and one of the best drummers in history as far as I'm concerned. As a group, Nirvana made depressing, idiosyncratic, annoying music, which I don't wish to listen to. I like some songs like "Heart Shaped Box" and "Come As You Are", but the majority of the material is exhaustingly bad.

And as a human being, Kurt was nothing, a filthy drug whore who didn't give a shit about his kids and put a bullet through his brain. Nobody should idolize somebody like that. Nirvana are easily the most overestimated and over-popularized group in history.

End of rant.

I like some of their stuff.

Plenty of bands from the same era that I like a lot more, though.

I would have agreed with you in the past, but I've come to appreciate Nirvana more and more. I probably prefer them to Alice In Chains and Soundgarden. I never liked Pearl Jam and I like Stone Temple Pilots alot.

I like one song, and I don't even know the title of it... something to do with tea....

"Pennyroyal Tea"