Do you like Nirvana?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Nirvana  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I think they're alright, i liked them when they first came out, but i think kurt cobain killed rock n roll so.......

Bullshit, he delayed it's death.

Eh, Smells Like Teen Spirit is ok, and they have some other good songs... but overall I think Nirvana wasnt what they were hyped up to be. Kurt was very repetitive in his lyrics, and the way he sang got pretty anoying, like we had to feel sorry for his depressed ass. I also dont get why hes refured to as a great guitar player, what the fuck?

I do not like Nirvana

Edited by sweetness

I think they're alright, i liked them when they first came out, but i think kurt cobain killed rock n roll so.......

Bullshit, he delayed it's death.

Exactly.

That hair-metal crap would have gotten to a higher level than they already were, and I can't imagine how that would have been.

I always liked Janes Addiction and The Smashing Pumpkins (their early stuff) more. Never liked any of Nevermind except for Lounge Act and Territorial Pissings. The only album I like start to finish was the B-side album Incesticide and maybe half of Bleach. One of the most overrated bands along with Pearl Jam IMHO. If I want to hear a great band from Seatle I listen to early Soundgarden (nothing after Badmotorfinger)

I like them very much, but I used to idolize them.

When you're 12 or 13, I think you tend to like punkier music than when you grow a little. At least I do. I still enjoy listening to Nirvana, but I do it just once in a while, except for the Unplugged album, which I listen to quite frequently.

As I grew up, I returned to my GN'R roots that I had left a while back. I am now more into hard rock, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the Seattle trio's music.

Same here.

And thanks to Ohdistortedsmile1789 for the show. :)

FUCK NO!!!! Cobain killed the guitar solo!

Yes, by playing guitar solos himself. :huh:

Yes the short shitty solos!

Yes, because the Slayer ones are way better, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Dude listen to the early SLAYER songs and you'll see that the solos are nothing compared to the Nirvana solos which are short and boring. Especially in the Reign in Blood album, the solos and the solo duels between King and Hanneman are simply fucking INSANE!

I like them very much, but I used to idolize them.

When you're 12 or 13, I think you tend to like punkier music than when you grow a little. At least I do. I still enjoy listening to Nirvana, but I do it just once in a while, except for the Unplugged album, which I listen to quite frequently.

As I grew up, I returned to my GN'R roots that I had left a while back. I am now more into hard rock, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the Seattle trio's music.

I second all of that.