ABBA

JONEZY

Totally pop band from the 70's that I forgot about for years. I probably put them in the 'disco era' and forgot about them. The other day I saw a 'Biography' on them and I'm hooked....again.

I know most people think they suck or sucked, but whatever, it was the 70's!(you had to be there!)

Question: Who was Frida? The blonde or the other one?

Totally pop band from the 70's that I forgot about for years. I probably put them in the 'disco era' and forgot about them. The other day I saw a 'Biography' on them and I'm hooked....again.

I know most people think they suck or sucked, but whatever, it was the 70's!(you had to be there!)

I don't know if most people think they suck (I sure as hell do, though), considering they're like the third or fourth biggest selling music act of all time.

Oh, and Frida was the brunette.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Anyone remember the A-Teens? They made it to the mainstream and MTV as an ABBA cover band, if that isn't a credit to the group I don't know what is.

"Chiquitita, you and I know

How the heartaches come and they go and the scars theyre leaving

Youll be dancing once again and the pain will end

You will have no time for grieving

Chiquitita, you and I cry

But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you

Let me hear you sing once more like you did before

Sing a new song, chiquitita

Try once more like you did before

Sing a new song, chiquitita"

That's one helluva song, so is 'Dancing Queen', 'Angel Eyes', 'Mamma Mia', and....

Okay, I'll just shut up now.

I totally agree with you. I just came back from the US and saw Mama Mia in Las Vegas and it was a great show! Very well but together, the songs matched the story in a brilliant way.

It's hard to resist ABBA with their genius melodies, great lyrics and sexy jumpsuits... ;)

Frida is the dark one.

Would you call me the 'lowest of the low' if I say that Dancing Queen is an alright song? :unsure:

My Dad digs them, I can't help it!

Why should you care what other people think of your taste in music. Anyone who can't see what's great about ABBA songs is musically illiterate.

Would you call me the 'lowest of the low' if I say that Dancing Queen is an alright song? :unsure:

My Dad digs them, I can't help it!

Why should you care what other people think of your taste in music. Anyone who can't see what's great about ABBA songs is musically illiterate.

I was just kidding ;) People around here just aren't fond of others having a musical taste beyond GNR.

The day after John Lennon died,there was a world wide minute of silence acknowledged at the same time.

Many radio stations around the world honoured it,the station I was listening to played an ABBA song right after it.Not being an Abba fan I didn't recognize the song...but it fit the moment and was actually quite powerful.

The song was "The Winner Takes It All".

The only time I was impressed with ABBA.

(but yeah...there's no denying they were huge pop band)

:)

"Chiquitita, you and I know

How the heartaches come and they go and the scars theyre leaving

Youll be dancing once again and the pain will end

You will have no time for grieving

Chiquitita, you and I cry

But the sun is still in the sky and shining above you

Let me hear you sing once more like you did before

Sing a new song, chiquitita

Try once more like you did before

Sing a new song, chiquitita"

That's one helluva song, so is 'Dancing Queen', 'Angel Eyes', 'Mamma Mia', and....

Okay, I'll just shut up now.

fuckin top tune i love it' congratsyy7.gif

abba are great when your pissed at a party

certainly gets the ladies on the dancefloor :)

here it is rock3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM1-xkT_TtU&search=abba

Edited by lawrence