Izzy. Not just a "guest" anymore?

artfromtex

Izzy's appearances are referred to as "guest appearances". but, doesn't it seem like he's intent on hanging around for a while? i'd sure be one happy dude if he does stick around. but i imagine he and Axl have a "you're welcome to do this as long as you want to and you can leave anytime you want to" kind of deal in place. i don't think Izzy wants to commit to anything, but i think he's having a fucking blast with the guys. it also seems like everybody in the band, including Axl, are enjoying him just as much.

What do y'all think? will he be around for the US tour? also, doesn't his presence put a little water on the "this ain't the real GNR" fire? i mean, with Izzy, Axl, and Dizzy, you got 1/2 the UYI line-up. i hope he's still with them when they come to Dallas/Fort Worth. i've never attended an Izzy-less show. it would be nice to keep that streak going.

Guest cherry_bomb

another guitarist :laugh: nah seriously, it'd be cool if izzy was back obviously, from a song writing perspective.

Izzy's appearances are referred to as "guest appearances". but, doesn't it seem like he's intent on hanging around for a while? i'd sure be one happy dude if he does stick around. but i imagine he and Axl have a "you're welcome to do this as long as you want to and you can leave anytime you want to" kind of deal in place. i don't think Izzy wants to commit to anything, but i think he's having a fucking blast with the guys. it also seems like everybody in the band, including Axl, are enjoying him just as much.

What do y'all think? will he be around for the US tour? also, doesn't his presence put a little water on the "this ain't the real GNR" fire? i mean, with Izzy, Axl, and Dizzy, you got 1/2 the UYI line-up. i hope he's still with them when they come to Dallas/Fort Worth. i've never attended an Izzy-less show. it would be nice to keep that streak going.

Of course it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheAlien

another guitarist :laugh: nah seriously, it'd be cool if izzy was back obviously, from a song writing perspective.

I agree, if Izzy does join he should purely guest on some songs and then help write new songs for GNR. Another guitarist is just to much.

rock4

apparently pitmann doeas bass and guitar on the album as well as orchestral synths etc.

but he doesn't have much to do when they play live ;)

Guest cherry_bomb

apparently pitmann doeas bass and guitar on the album as well as orchestral synths etc.

but he doesn't have much to do when they play live ;)

:confused:

Hopefully Izzy will stay around for awhile, nothing wrong with four guitarists. They'll just have to strip Pittman of his guitar roll to make some room.

Axl and Izzy writting together again, BEST GNR news in years rock3

Ok im going to say something out of line with most posts in this thread, im not sure having Izzy back would be a good thing.It's been great that him and Axl have sorted stuff but as for song writing i just aint sure the songs they would write would be relevent, as a guns fan i dont want another don't cry, i want something that kicks me in the balls.

Ok im going to say something out of line with most posts in this thread, im not sure having Izzy back would be a good thing.It's been great that him and Axl have sorted stuff but as for song writing i just aint sure the songs they would write would be relevent, as a guns fan i dont want another don't cry, i want something that kicks me in the balls.

Come on. Izzy gave you Patience, You Could Be Mine, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Pretty Tied Up... It's not like those songs are bad. In fact, YCBM is the only original song from UYI 2 being played at the moment. What does that tell you?

yeh that's what I was thinkin: with 3 original members it should stop people saying that as VR also have 3