They should drop the 'Chinese' out of 'Chinese Democracy'.

Jackamo!

Watch the Tokyo "UYI'' DVD, and watch all of those Chinese or Japenese people. They like Guns N' Roses. Calling it 'Chinese Democracy' would take them away from them. It's not fair.

'Chinese Democracy' is held close to your hearts because you've been waiting so long. But the 'Chinese' is unnessicary (sp?). The song itself doesn't even say the word Chinese.

Uh, Chinese and Japanese people are two completely seperate cultures - they are not interchangeable. Completely different languages, governments, cultures, and land masses. Btw, the UYI tour dvds are from Tokyo, so obviously they are Japanese.

And no the "Chinese" part is not unnecessary. The whole point is that China has no democracy. It also relates to Axl's relation to the old band members.

And yes, I think it's pretty safe to say, the only people offended by the title would be the Chinese government.

Why would they drop the biggest name is music history.

So that they could sell it in China.

I think it's going to be realesed under a diffrent name in China and the chinese version will not include the song Chinese Democracy because of so many reasons (though I don't beleive Chinese Democracy (song) will be at CD at all but defineatly not in China.)

They should drop the ''Chinese'' out of ''Chinese Democracy''.

Just call it ''Democracy''.

Why??

Because the Chinese would get offended and bann it. From what I can tell, Axl is loyal to the Chinese. Didn't he spend some time there? And they are so censored it's not even funny. The Rolling Stone's '40 Licks' CD only has '36' songs on it in China. They took out songs like 'Honky Tonk Women'. So, it's obvious that they are not gonna sell a CD called Chinese Democracy. Why not call the damn thing ''Democracy''. It has a nice ring to it. They could leave the song title ''Chinese Democracy'' but not the album. I don't expect that son g to make it anyway.

Drop the ''Chinese'' out of ''Chinese Democracy''!

:book:

Agreed.

The Chinese value good business over anything else... they would never ban something as profitable as CD is going to be... their record stores want a piece of that too... they're not stupid
It will beleive me! The government really doesn't care you know the money they would get out of it would be nothing. Besides they have banned sites like wikipedia because it contains 'anti-communistic' texts etc..
Axl should change it to "Middle East Democracy" at least there, democracy has already started! :lol:

Nah if it were to be changed it should be changed to: Bush's 'Democracy' :P

Edited by .Seal

Why??

Because the Chinese would get offended and bann it. From what I can tell, Axl is loyal to the Chinese. Didn't he spend some time there? And they are so censored it's not even funny. The Rolling Stone's '40 Licks' CD only has '36' songs on it in China. They took out songs like 'Honky Tonk Women'. So, it's obvious that they are not gonna sell a CD called Chinese Democracy. Why not call the damn thing ''Democracy''. It has a nice ring to it. They could leave the song title ''Chinese Democracy'' but not the album. I don't expect that son g to make it anyway.

they should drop the name altogether

its a joke in the music industry

Why??

they should drop the name altogether

its a joke in the music industry

Yeah it is kinda viewed as a farce now and rightly so, but it'll still get slated by the people who want to criticise it whatever you call it, changing the name will do nothing other than give them more ammo in my opinion. The might as well keep it.

Oh and btw, the knowledge of culture and current affairs some of you display in this thread is outstanding...

Yeah they're all yellow, same difference...

*lights self on fire*