simple post.....favorite gnr song

msmithmca

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite gnr song is. My clear cut number 1 is sweet child but i always bounce back and forth with what could be #2

sweet child's guitar solo is unreal plus axl sounds awesome

so what song is number 1 for you

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Could Be Mine without a shadow of a doubt. For the simple facts that it has an amazing fast paced drum intro that just makes you want to move anyway you can and the outro is one of GN'R's greatest outros ever other than Coma of course. Slash's solo work on YCBM is great and Axl is at his best on this song.

Coma is the complete song that represents GNR perfectly. But to compliment their diversity then I think that Estranged is nothing short of incredible as well. I love the classics off AFD but you can't top these two in my opinion. I guess it depends on personal taste but these 2 songs never get old for me.

Mr. Brown stone, its just catchy and makes you get into the rythmn its real upbeat fast/heavy tiempo. It makes you want to blow the speakers. Tied with this song if thats possible would be Paradise city, because I remember hearing this song for the first time on the radio late night back in 87'/88'and I was like 5 years old jammin out/air guitaring in my underwear...ha ha good times.

John

Edited by YoungGun

my vote is a three-way, I admit

Coma because that song always makes me think about my life, and whether or not I really enjoy whats happening in it, plus... that bass line like a heart monitor is so awesome

Estranged because that song has my personal favorte guitar riff and keyboard riffs of any song I've ever heard(second for keyboard riffs is The Final Countdown by Europe... just kidding, dear god, that song almost ruined keys and synths in my eyes...)

and finally

Catcher in the Rye(I know, technically, it doesn't officially exist yet) I just like this song, it sounds uber cool

rocket queen, for being the most 'epicy' on afd

runner up for YCBM, for being one of the more 'appetitey' UYI era songs

i hope that made a little sense, actually i don't care if it does

It does make sense and an interesting point I never thought of.

As for my favorite, I'll go by album

AFD: Paradise City

Lies: Patience

UYI 1: Coma

UYI 2: Estranged

TSI: Human Being

CD???: Better

My top three usually is:

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Dead Horse (underrated gem IMO)

But there are so many more amazing GN'R songs that it's almost unfair to make a list. Like Breakdown, Mr. Brownstone, Jungle, Coma and many more are every bit as good as any other song GN'R has done.

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite gnr song is. My clear cut number 1 is sweet child but i always bounce back and forth with what could be #2

sweet child's guitar solo is unreal plus axl sounds awesome

so what song is number 1 for you

Impossible... depends on my mood

Brownstone or ISE when I need something badass

Estranged is my favorite slower number

Civil War has my favorite combo of great lyrics with great music

And sometimes, Rocket Queen is in there, too.

It's So Easy is pretty hard to top. That song captures a spirit which is really hard to pull off. When I first heard that it knocked my head off. It's not that I identify so much with it it's more like "Who's those bad motherfuckers" it's totally convincing. It'e the best rock song of the 90s for me.

Dust N Bones also from UYI era. I think this song is so original and sticks out in an era of Nu metal and all these new fads and fashions and just says this is rock n roll, this is classic. It has everything a GNR song should be an Izzy tune, so it's whacked out and weird, and then a brilliant Slash solo and Axl's vocals and delivery really show why he was vital to GNRs success.

These two songs for it's a toss up between the two. I think based on the production I'd go for Dust N Bones today. A recorded version of Easy might take it but on this day in history I'm going for Dust n Bones. It just has this couldn't careless attitude that just puts me at ease. I don't need much, a beer and this on the stereo and I'm pretty happy camper.

1. Dust N Bones

2. It's So Easy

3. Mr Brownstone

4. Bad Obsession

5. Double Talking Jive Motherfucker