simple post.....favorite gnr song

msmithmca

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of you who said it is too hard to pick one. I have trouble myself. I could probably say after sweet child there is a tie of about 10-15 songs haha

I am surprised no one said November Rain yet.

I think that song shows how versatile they can be - even how the song changes moods from beginning to end...i think its great

also, i think that "think about you" is underrated - great song

thanks for replyin to the post i was interested in seeing what other guns fans really liked

SCOM.

A few others are close (Rocket Queen, Paradise City, Don't Damn Me, Civil War) but I can't say any of them top this song for me. I know it's a generic choice for a GNR fan, but it's the song that made me fall in love with GNR.

From the great opening riff, to the beautiful chorus, all the way to Slash's heart stopping solo...it's a masterpiece. It represents a time when Axl knew how to do a great love song without having a piano and 50 violins in the background.

I could listen to it forever and never tire of it.

Mines...

COMA- my signature song...never related to a song as much as i have with that one.

Rocket Queen- my SEX signature song

My Michelle- my fav rock song

So Fine- my fav AXLs so sexy i wanna cry song

Dont Damn Me/Oh My God - my fav lyrics.. equal footing here, love them both

Dont you cry- just a brilliant song period!

ok thats more than one...sorry its just too hard rock4

Welcome to the Jungle is by far the best Guns n' Roses song ever. I mean, it is a classic in every sense of the word. It is perhaps the best rock n' roll song of all time.

I can't believe anyone would say Don't Damn Me is their favorite song! Better than WTTJ? SCOM? PC? RQ? NR?

What are you thinking ?!?!

GU

rocket queen, for being the most 'epicy' on afd

runner up for YCBM, for being one of the more 'appetitey' UYI era songs

i hope that made a little sense, actually i don't care if it does

Patience - It's such a mellow, soft song with such a great message. It's so unlike any other GNR song. Once you think it's over, it starts back up again; and when Axl hits that final stanza, his voice is like nothing heard before. That final stanza of Patience is the best stanza in any GNR song.

Estranged holds the most meaning in memory, so it.

Can't argue with the "Sweet Child" bids though. My bro just got a turntable, going retro, and we cracked a sealed copy of Appetite and heard it. It's such a great song, beautiful and kicks ass all at once...rare.

PS, Vinyl rules. To the youth out there who don't know why, FIND OUT!

Guest PULPY

Don't Cry~

~because I like the riff thingy throughout, I think the lyrics really are interesting and well pieced together, the solo is really piercing for me, and at the end kinda the anti-climax after the solo, I think it's sad/beautiful.