sail away sweet sister

msmithmca

Would anyone else love to hear the sail away intro to sweet child. I mean, im not complaining by any means. I could watch the same guns concert over and over every night of my life. I just think it would be cool to here that intro. When i first heard it on the Chicago '92 dvd, I loved it. So, I would just like to see it done live if possible (not that its going to happen, cuz I realize it most likely isnt).

i hated it. axl's voice crossed the line into the ubearable screaching catagory

nope, Sail Away Sweet Sister is the slow one; the one you're talking about is Bad Time; they were used together as intro to SCOM

Grand Funk Railroad! YES!!

I love it! He probably won't do it anymore, but it was cool when he did!

Fucking awesome in my opinion, it's brutal when he switches from calm to crazy, almost blowing my speakers ;)

Would love to hear that live, oh and see him wearing that kilt again. I knew it was never gonna happen, but I was thinking that if there was ever a chance of him wearing it again it would have been at Glasgow... but it wasn't to be :rolleyes:

Would anyone else love to hear the sail away intro to sweet child. I mean, im not complaining by any means. I could watch the same guns concert over and over every night of my life. I just think it would be cool to here that intro. When i first heard it on the Chicago '92 dvd, I loved it. So, I would just like to see it done live if possible (not that its going to happen, cuz I realize it most likely isnt).

There is no way in hell Axl should sing that intro now. The clip from the Chicago '92 DVD is a perfect example of what Axl can NO LONGER do with his voice. Check the Paris '92 show. He really nails it on that one. If he attempted something like that now, he better make it the last song in the show, because he'll have to leave the stage before the boring Finck-version of the SCOM intro even starts. He'd blow out his throat inside 2 seconds.

Oh well, at least we have DVD's to watch now. Because he'll never belt out an intro like that ever again...

There is no way in hell Axl should sing that intro now. The clip from the Chicago '92 DVD is a perfect example of what Axl can NO LONGER do with his voice. Check the Paris '92 show. He really nails it on that one. If he attempted something like that now, he better make it the last song in the show, because he'll have to leave the stage before the boring Finck-version of the SCOM intro even starts. He'd blow out his throat inside 2 seconds.

Oh well, at least we have DVD's to watch now. Because he'll never belt out an intro like that ever again...

Borng Finck intro? I'm not normally one to support Finck in situations where people criticise his solos... (2nd NR solo eurgh) But in glasgow Robin Finck nailed the Sweet Child intro. He even improved it, on the high notes he did a kind of harmonic which really suited it's quality. Like a laser beam, subtle yet cutting. rock1 it ROCKED

You're such a bright and optimistic person.

You and Kaneda would make such a cute couple...

I heard he does happen to like backdoor pleasures, which you seem to be the type to enjoy, you anal cunt.

Awww i love that song!! :heart: The lyrics are so sweet..

I would love to hear it again.

Maybe for the next tour.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing those links guys rock3 The Paris version was amazing .Oh the old Axl Axl with beard and a red bandana..Mmmmm :wub:

I heard he does happen to like backdoor pleasures, which you seem to be the type to enjoy, you anal cunt.

I always laugh when Axl Rose Solo Project Band fans launch homophobic insults like the above. Axl would not appreciate your homophobia and don't get mad at me for speaking the truth. If Axl tried to sing that intro tonight, he'd blow out his fucking throat and YOU KNOW IT. Otherwise, he'd have to pull it off in a totally different sound, which would totally kill the fucking purpose of the intro anyway.

Jesus christ TalkingThruHisASS, I've only read a handful of your posts, and already I'm sick of reading the shit you type....

Solo project this, hired guns that, blah blah blah, same old shit, who really gives a fuck about your issues with Axl? It's like this band has just recently been brought to your attention again, what with GnR touring, and Axl getting quite a lot of press coverage recently, and you've made it your goal to vent some anger towards Axl and anyone who dares support the current GnR line-up.

You know, Slash and co. left about 10yrs ago. you need to let go of the past and accept that GnR as a band is continuing without Slash.... You need to..

totalrecallopen2bn5.jpg

I always laugh when Axl Rose Solo Project Band fans launch homophobic insults like the above. Axl would not appreciate your homophobia and don't get mad at me for speaking the truth. If Axl tried to sing that intro tonight, he'd blow out his fucking throat and YOU KNOW IT. Otherwise, he'd have to pull it off in a totally different sound, which would totally kill the fucking purpose of the intro anyway.

Ok well if you're not an "Axl Rose Solo Project Band" fan why are in this part of the forum? Why don't you just head on over to another little sub-forum called "Yesterdays-The Original G'NR'" and reminisce about the old times and repeatedly dicuss how much you hate Axl over there, K? Or better yet you can head over to the VR sub-forum and indulge your fantasies of erotic happenings with Slash or whatever it is you dream about him....

Go kill yourself.

Edited by Mr. Miser

Ok well if you're not an "Axl Rose Solo Project Band" fan why are in this part of the forum? Why don't you just head on over to another little sub-forum called "Yesterdays-The Original G'NR'" and reminisce about the old times and repeatedly dicuss how much you hate Axl over there, K? Or better yet you can head over to the VR sub-forum and indulge your fantasies of erotic happenings with Slash or whatever it is you dream about him....

Go kill yourself.

We're discussing whether or not Axl should attempt the "Sweet Sister" intro to SCOM in 2006. I'm staying on topic, you are not. I'm sorry if you take the truth about Axl as an insult, but then again, you seem rather unstable, so truth might be burdensome to you. I'll continue to post and stay on topic, but might I suggest you try to seek a counselor or some other form of professional help? I'm sure you can turn your life around. Its never too late.

Go kill yourself.

We're discussing whether or not Axl should attempt the "Sweet Sister" intro to SCOM in 2006. I'm staying on topic, you are not. I'm sorry if you take the truth about Axl as an insult, but then again, you seem rather unstable, so truth might be burdensome to you. I'll continue to post and stay on topic, but might I suggest you try to seek a counselor or some other form of professional help? I'm sure you can turn your life around. Its never too late.

I don't the truth (though then again what you call the truth is just an attempt to bash Axl and the band any opportunity you get) as an insult, but again I ask you, what is the point of coming to the ''New'' Guns N Roses sub-form if you're not even a fan of the band? I seem rather unstable? Well, at least I'm trying to enjoy this band and I choose not to wallow in sea of negativity and nostalgia unlike yourself.

You know, Slash and co. left about 10yrs ago. you need to let go of the past and accept that GnR as a band is continuing without Slash.... You need to..

The band is NOT "continuing" without Slash. They have yet to release any new material. Its been 10 years. Is that your definition of "continuing"? Hell, they've already had ANOTHER lead guitarist COME and GO during that time. Still, no new material. Demos are not new material. They are demos. The band hasn't continued on without Slash, because they haven't done anything worth writing home about since Slash left. If you want me to let go of Slash, give me something to grab onto. What? The Oh My God single? I hope you are kidding me. All in the span of 10 years since Slash left. WOW!!! I'm so stoked about the new band!!!

I don't the truth (though then again what you call the truth is just an attempt to bash Axl and the band any opportunity you get) as an insult, but again I ask you, what is the point of coming to the ''New'' Guns N Roses sub-form if you're not even a fan of the band? I seem rather unstable? Well, at least I'm trying to enjoy this band and I choose not to wallow in sea of negativity and nostalgia unlike yourself.

Dude, you just don't get it do you?!? I came to the Guns forum and found THIS thread and posted a reply to THIS thread which was very ON-TOPIC. Just because you don't agree with my opinion, doesn't mean I can't respond to the original post. You're trying to act tough behind your little keyboard (which is another sign of instability), just because somebody posted an opinion about a rock band. You have some serious issues, bro, and I suggest you get them under control before you waste your life away.