let's think of logical reasons of the decision to tour before the CD drops

quadlaser

ok, so we have a tour, but no new CD yet, why? there's got to be a reason. there's a reason for everything.

idea 1. axl doesn't want people coming to the shows knowing about the new lineup. believe it or not, there are a lot of people that don't know that axl is the only original member still. axl thinks that more people will come this way.

2. axl doesn't believe people will like CD, and will scare them away from the concerts (he did say a lot of people won't like it)

3. he's gauging reactions to the songs, to see which one's he'll include. he's positive that the songs we haven't heard are great, but not so sure about the songs he plays live, he wants to drop one or more of them. i think this is the most likely, as twat hasn't been played lately. this would suck because that song is awesome (well, not the chorus).

4. ron will rerecord the parts.

any other logical reasons you can think of?

My logical reason for the decision to tour before the CD drops:

5. Axl wants to re-aquaint the public with the Guns N' Roses name, and wants to generate buzz in the media, and eventually hype for the album once a release date is announced. This slow, rumbling buzz-period allows the hardcore, newer, and rediscovering fans to get aquainted with the current lineup of the band, and by successfuly completing an European tour, Axl shows that he is not trying to repeat 2002.

When a release date is finally announced, the media picks up on the album's drawn out history, and lists the completed european tour in the recent events surrounding the band, as well as Axl's recent behavior, which shows he has not pussied out in the last 13 years.

Finally, in fall '06, the cd is finally released amidst press hype, and buzz begins to build as a single is released, and the album begins to sell. An American tour increases interest and buzz around the album, and hopefully, it becomes a huge hit. rock3

Edited by jah772

axl is afraid of releasing cd. simple as. and i'm not bashing him. the reason he doesn't want to release it is because he is a very insecure person - he suffers from classic cases of inferiority complex and his troubled background is a HUGE part of this. he suffered sexual abuse, rocky family life and crime as a child. he's said numerous times that he cares what people say about him on the internet - hence the '02 rants about the internet and specific users - and his behavior back in the 90s such as the st. louis incident are more indications that he has some issues. he also ALLEGEDLY (I'm not saying it's definite) sexually and physically abused erin everly and stephanie seymour. he's been known to abuse women in the past, including his neighbor. and now he's been diagnosed as bi-polar and/or manic depressive. another classic trait of this condition is driving people away - most people would say axl drove away slash and the others in the original band to a certain degree. he's been known to ditch people, hence 40 + producers on CD so far. :laugh:

what i'm getting at here is that i think axl has a classic case of low self-esteem and other such issues - he feels burned and abandoned by slash and duff and feels he MUST release an epic album in order to prove once and for all that he can exist separately without these other bandmates. why do you think he's mentioned so many times how great the new lineup is, etc etc?

i think this album is his ultimate demon of sorts to be exorcised and he's afraid that it won't live up to all expectations, and will be labelled a "failure." it's kind of going to happen regardless because there will always be pricks out there who bash axl no matter what and will decide to hate CD before they even listen to it.

added pressure with vr's success and the fact that he has to live up to their album sales, and so on and so forth.

i think it's a very scary thing for him and he wants to make something that will blow everyone away, but unfortunately i really do think that's kind of impossible because i've never found any album or movie that has had undivided praise.

it is not uncommon for bands to tour on the eve of a major release.

this helps accomplish the following:

1. it warms the band up. after a stretch in the studio (particularly a 10 year stretch!) a band can get a little rusty. live shows leading up to the release help the band get reacquianted with the old material, and figure out which new songs work on stage when played in between older songs.

2. it creates a buzz around the band and their new songs/record. live reviews, interviews, secret shows, and fights with security personnel get people talking about the band in magazines and on the internet.

you'll notice that their have been ZERO u.s. shows save for NYC in may. the hammerstein shows were VERY small in comparison to the huge venues they will be playing if/when they tour america. since america is the biggest market in the world, you don't neccesarily wanna blow your load playing huge shows here before there's a record on the shelves, as the whole point of touring is to SELL FUCKING RECORDS. there is a better chance of the record selling big if:

a. the band is delivering the new material on stage in and really kicking ass live.

b. there is a buzz around the band prior to the album hitting the shelves.

so, you apply numbers 1 & 2, and VOILA the band is playing huge shows everywhere but america until the record is out or about to be out.

axl is a really good business man, and he owes his label a TON of money for this mythical record. the name of the game now is to take every precaution to ensure that they sell the shit out of it.

as far as axl's personal reasons for touring that have been speculated upon here, i would try not to think about it that way. the dude is CERTIFIABLE!!! just hope he keeps his shit together long enough to get the record out and not embarass himself, the band, or his label bosses. well, the label people probable deserve to be embarassed....

Edited by ohyesindeed

I see the future..... Chris Pittman suffers a terrible pain in his left ear drum as a result of extreme noise making at GN'R shows.....Gn'R cancels its palns for a US tour and CD never comes out.. :o

lol no im not that pessimistic but i think we all could use a little patience :P

CD will come out when Axl says it is which will be in the fall adn im glad that we ahve confirmation of that and that we will get a US tour

I think jah772 hit it right on the spot by saying that Axl wants to generate buzz and re-aquaint the name Guns N' Roses. They could use that to throw out all the mainstream crap tahts out there right now.

well, doing a europe tour before the album makes sense, they have alot of big summer festivals and such out there and tend to not care if a new album is out.

Touring america without at least a single on the radio I don't think can have any logic to it except the tour has nothing to do with an album release. So many promotional outlets in america are tied to having new music out. The tour won't be as big as it could be without it.

Thing is, this is a full blown world tour at this point, I don't understand why Axl is not getting the bands music out. He's played about 10 songs already live, they are all online, it's strange that with that much music, none of it final studio quality floating around, a full blown tour going now that they wouldn't want to get the album out to paying fans.

No logic to not begining press for the new album during this europe jaunt...unless Axl plans to unviel all at the MTV music awards, which is the only big tv music show this fall.

I think the reason is that Axl and co. are mainly focusing on USA. They have used this tour as a warm-up tour. So, USA is the word. They know that if they conquer america, then they'll automatically conquer the rest of the world - due to the history of the band.

My logical reason for the decision to tour before the CD drops:

5. Axl wants to re-aquaint the public with the Guns N' Roses name, and wants to generate buzz in the media, and eventually hype for the album once a release date is announced. This slow, rumbling buzz-period allows the hardcore, newer, and rediscovering fans to get aquainted with the current lineup of the band, and by successfuly completing an European tour, Axl shows that he is not trying to repeat 2002.

When a release date is finally announced, the media picks up on the album's drawn out history, and lists the completed european tour in the recent events surrounding the band, as well as Axl's recent behavior, which shows he has not pussied out in the last 13 years.

Finally, in fall '06, the cd is finally released amidst press hype, and buzz begins to build as a single is released, and the album begins to sell. An American tour increases interest and buzz around the album, and hopefully, it becomes a huge hit. rock3

This is the reason for me. Any other reasoning would just be pure speculation and rumour.

The US tour that will follow the album release or at least accompany it, is going to be the most important tour for Axl.

Getting the band on the road to play the European dates is most likely a way for the band to gel and get a good feeling before taking on the US tour

I've no doubt myself, that he wanted a well-oiled machine to attack the US come release time

ohyesindeed Posted Today, 02:32 AM

1. it warms the band up. after a stretch in the studio (particularly a 10 year stretch!) a band can get a little rusty. live shows leading up to the release help the band get reacquianted with the old material, and figure out which new songs work on stage when played in between older songs.

2. it creates a buzz around the band and their new songs/record. live reviews, interviews, secret shows, and fights with security personnel get people talking about the band in magazines and on the internet.

you'll notice that their have been ZERO u.s. shows save for NYC in may. the hammerstein shows were VERY small in comparison to the huge venues they will be playing if/when they tour america. since america is the biggest market in the world, you don't neccesarily wanna blow your load playing huge shows here before there's a record on the shelves, as the whole point of touring is to SELL FUCKING RECORDS. there is a better chance of the record selling big if:

a. the band is delivering the new material on stage in and really kicking ass live.

so, you apply numbers 1 & 2, and VOILA the band is playing huge shows everywhere but america until the record is out or about to be out.

axl is a really good business man, and he owes his label a TON of money for this mythical record. the name of the game now is to take every precaution to ensure that they sell the shit out of it.

as far as axl's personal reasons for touring that have been speculated upon here, i would try not to think about it that way. the dude is CERTIFIABLE!!! just hope he keeps his shit together long enough to get the record out and not embarass himself, the band, or his label bosses. well, the label people probable deserve to be embarassed

I feel this way also . The only thing I will add, is that GnR was/is one of the hardest ROCKIN bands out there with an extremely loyal if not obsessed fan base . There are alot of people who have a hard time "LETTING GO" of the first line up . I can find atleast 10-20 topics posted ever other day of comparisons like, whos better slash or ron or bucket or whoever for that matter . Look what happend to Van Halen. Roth got booted they made an album with Hagar, (no PRE tour) & it took damn near 10 years for some people to accept him & by that point hagar got booted :D . My piont is that with a "PRE tour" or warm up they will play the older stuff. Songs wich people have sentimental attachment to and can't LET GO of . If Axl can get die hards to like the new line up singing & performing these songs then imagine how much they'll like the new stuff. Same songs, same lead singer,same sound (alittle different), New line up . I have been listening to guns since about 86 & will admit I was skeptical @ first . But after seeing about 2 hrs worth of video & how god damn hard they're playing in europe I'm sold . Can't wait for the album & would prolly sell a kidney or somethin to get tickets to the U.S. leg of the tour. For those of you who just can't let go of Slash and the guys. Just close your eyes and imagine Fink with bleach blonde hair & CBGB's tank top(ala duff), And project the COUSIN IT hair cut, blue jean blazer vest, and busted top hat onto bumble and you 'll feel much better :D . Millions of men do it every day , Not every women is a supermodel .

Nuff said/ End rant.....

ohyesindeed Posted Today, 02:32 AM

as far as axl's personal reasons for touring that have been speculated upon here, i would try not to think about it that way. the dude is CERTIFIABLE!!! just hope he keeps his shit together long enough to get the record out and not embarass himself, the band, or his label bosses. well, the label people probable deserve to be embarassed

I feel this way also . The only thing I will add, is that GnR was/is one of the hardest ROCKIN bands out there with an extremely loyal if not obsessed fan base . There are alot of people who have a hard time "LETTING GO" of the first line up . I can find atleast 10-20 topics posted ever other day of comparisons like, whos better slash or ron or bucket or whoever for that matter . Look what happend to Van Halen. Roth got booted they made an album with Hagar, (no PRE tour) & it took damn near 10 years for some people to accept him & by that point hagar got booted :D . My piont is that with a "PRE tour" or warm up they will play the older stuff. Songs wich people have sentimental attachment to and can't LET GO of . If Axl can get die hards to like the new line up singing & performing these songs then imagine how much they'll like the new stuff. Same songs, same lead singer,same sound (alittle different), New line up . I have been listening to guns since about 86 & will admit I was skeptical @ first . But after seeing about 2 hrs worth of video & how god damn hard they're playing in europe I'm sold . Can't wait for the album & would prolly sell a kidney or somethin to get tickets to the U.S. leg of the tour. For those of you who just can't let go of Slash and the guys. Just close your eyes and imagine Fink with bleach blonde hair & CBGB's tank top(ala duff), And project the COUSIN IT hair cut, blue jean blazer vest, and busted top hat onto bumble and you 'll feel much better :D . Millions of men do it every day , Not every women is a supermodel .

Nuff said/ End rant.....

Roth was better, but they were HUGELY successful with Sammy... I don't see how this is relevant

Or maybe we are being set up for a surprise... I personally don't think the band are gonna tour the US without the album.

Mark my words. At the VMAs this year in August(?) something will happen... I fuckin' know it!

axl is afraid of releasing cd. simple as. and i'm not bashing him. the reason he doesn't want to release it is because he is a very insecure person - he suffers from classic cases of inferiority complex and his troubled background is a HUGE part of this. he suffered sexual abuse, rocky family life and crime as a child. he's said numerous times that he cares what people say about him on the internet - hence the '02 rants about the internet and specific users - and his behavior back in the 90s such as the st. louis incident are more indications that he has some issues. he also ALLEGEDLY (I'm not saying it's definite) sexually and physically abused erin everly and stephanie seymour. he's been known to abuse women in the past, including his neighbor. and now he's been diagnosed as bi-polar and/or manic depressive. another classic trait of this condition is driving people away - most people would say axl drove away slash and the others in the original band to a certain degree. he's been known to ditch people, hence 40 + producers on CD so far. :laugh:

what i'm getting at here is that i think axl has a classic case of low self-esteem and other such issues - he feels burned and abandoned by slash and duff and feels he MUST release an epic album in order to prove once and for all that he can exist separately without these other bandmates. why do you think he's mentioned so many times how great the new lineup is, etc etc?

i think this album is his ultimate demon of sorts to be exorcised and he's afraid that it won't live up to all expectations, and will be labelled a "failure." it's kind of going to happen regardless because there will always be pricks out there who bash axl no matter what and will decide to hate CD before they even listen to it.

added pressure with vr's success and the fact that he has to live up to their album sales, and so on and so forth.

i think it's a very scary thing for him and he wants to make something that will blow everyone away, but unfortunately i really do think that's kind of impossible because i've never found any album or movie that has had undivided praise.

took the words right out of my mouth

axl doesn't need to reconquer the word. this is chinese democracy, it's release will be one the most important musical events of the year, regardless of tour or promotion