I'm now starting to picture this incarnation of GNR...

Ghost_Guns

in my head when I hear the old songs on any kind of music playing device. This just started recently...I know this shouldn't be...but :o Has this started happening to anyone else? Or am I just some Axlite :(

Free your mind and welcome to the dark side B) :lol:

UK SUBS.

Shit I must be one evil motherfucker then! :confused:

in my head when I hear the old songs on any kind of music playing device. This just started recently...I know this shouldn't be...but :o Has this started happening to anyone else? Or am I just some Axlite :(

I've done it, its hard to to think about, but I've thought about it(except for the extra keyboards).

I'm sorry, but I just laugh at the vision of Finck trying to play something like 'Locomotive' :rofl-lol:

"Locomotive" actually has a very simple guitar rhythm part. Even "Coma" is simple. As a matter of fact, I don't think there are any GnR, Snakepit, and VR songs where the rhythm and riffs are remotely hard. And if you had the patience, you could easily learn the tabs for the solo parts as well. Slash's skill and creativity is fairly limited. Same chords. Same solos. Same riffs. Same keys. Same picking. .... same everything!

Edited by knightrider

dont feel bad dude. its just that this band kicks so much ass. just let it happen. :shades:

I don't think I'll ever do that. The style of music is so different. I can't picture the new band playing the songs the way the old did.

Likewise, I never picture the old guys with IRS or Blues. :P

Same here... Nice down-to-earth answer by the way, reasonable and no swearing against any line up. Well done! :)

No. and i would kill myself if that ever happened. :lol:

Me too it would mean I'm really sick!

But maybe u're very young "Ghost" and u don't have such a strong "relation" with the real GnR.......that's why...???

Edited by TheAlien

There are three types of fans we have now:

You have the old school, who are not willing to let the new GNR survive out of pure love for the old line up. They would rather see the current set up fail miserably and say things like 'I told you they werent as good...'

Then you have the new breed, who have every right to enjoy Guns N' Roses just like the old school do. I cant believe new fans are getting criticised because 'they never knew the old line up'. I would prefer to encourage new fans, not try to stifle them.

Then you have the hybrid fans (like myself). The fans who enjoy the new music, and dont make comparisons with the old as that time period has gone, never to return. Music evolves, and some bands evolve with it, some dont. This current Guns N' Roses line up have the ability to revive the whole Rock scene. It seems like the Iron Maidens and the Metallica's are not bands who can evolve and have unfortunately have got stuck on the Hard Rock Eighties/early nineties road and cant get off. GNR are trying to bridge that gap, and nobody can comment yet whether 'Chinese Democracy' will make it big time. All that can be discussed, is that the signs are definitely looking good...

You have the old school, who are not willing to let the new GNR survive out of pure love for the old line up. They would rather see the current set up fail miserably and say things like 'I told you they werent as good...'

Then you have the new breed, who have every right to enjoy Guns N' Roses just like the old school do. I cant believe new fans are getting criticised because 'they never knew the old line up'. I would prefer to encourage new fans, not try to stifle them.

Then you have the hybrid fans (like myself). The fans who enjoy the new music, and dont make comparisons with the old as that time period has gone, never to return. Music evolves, and some bands evolve with it, some dont. This current Guns N' Roses line up have the ability to revive the whole Rock scene. It seems like the Iron Maidens and the Metallica's are not bands who can evolve and have unfortunately have got stuck on the Hard Rock Eighties/early nineties road and cant get off. GNR are trying to bridge that gap, and nobody can comment yet whether 'Chinese Democracy' will make it big time. All that can be discussed, is that the signs are definitely looking good...

and notice that first group.. they fall into both "i want to see Axl fail." and "This band isn't GNR" and "Told you its not as good". Fuckin non-fans, only fans of the old band.

I don't think I'll ever do that. The style of music is so different. I can't picture the new band playing the songs the way the old did.

Likewise, I never picture the old guys with IRS or Blues. :P

Same here... Nice down-to-earth answer by the way, reasonable and no swearing against any line up. Well done! :)

Uhh..thank you? :P

I'm hoping you were just glad to see a fair post inbetween the bitching for once instead of thinking I'm a negative basher though >_> Haha.

very well put, I guess I'm a hybrid fan, big fan of the old stuff but willing to give new songs and members a try. I haven't been dissappointed as yet!

and notice that first group.. they fall into both "i want to see Axl fail." and "This band isn't GNR" and "Told you its not as good". Fuckin non-fans, only fans of the old band.

:cry:

How about the group whose infatuation with Axl Rose causes them to constantly try and diminish the role former bandmates had in making Guns N' Roses the huge band it was. This completely bewildering bunch of people will often belittle the talents of people like Slash and Duff, while at the same time cheer as a bunch of hired musicians play the very songs that Slash and Duff helped create.

It seems like the Iron Maidens and the Metallica's are not bands who can evolve and have unfortunately have got stuck on the Hard Rock Eighties/early nineties road and cant get off.

Neither Iron Maiden or Metallica sound anything like they did in the 80s...

Not... In a Zillion Years..... NOT by the old songs :unsure: .... EVER !!!!

M.