I'm now starting to picture this incarnation of GNR...

Ghost_Guns

Yea yea. Facts can be used to prove anything.

Seriously dude, there's no point in even trying.

Just drink the Kool Aid and repeat the words...

AS LONG AS WE HAVE CHRIS PIT(T)MAN, WE HAVE GUNS N' ROSES

Cheers, bro rock3 :xmasssanta:

BUT .... New version (with more truth in it) .... : "As long as we have Chris Pit(t)man and The Midgets, we have Guns N' Roses...." rock2 rock3

in my head when I hear the old songs on any kind of music playing device. This just started recently...I know this shouldn't be...but :o Has this started happening to anyone else? Or am I just some Axlite :(

Free your mind and welcome to the dark side B) :lol:

UK SUBS.

Shit I must be one evil motherfucker then! :confused:

A.D must be the devil himself :o:D

I´m just evil demond..

and notice that first group.. they fall into both "i want to see Axl fail." and "This band isn't GNR" and "Told you its not as good". Fuckin non-fans, only fans of the old band.

:cry:

How about the group whose infatuation with Axl Rose causes them to constantly try and diminish the role former bandmates had in making Guns N' Roses the huge band it was. This completely bewildering bunch of people will often belittle the talents of people like Slash and Duff, while at the same time cheer as a bunch of hired musicians play the very songs that Slash and Duff helped create.

No one diminish the role actually.. What´s the problem? Former bandmates are free to create their own music now. If they had a major role in Old guns, it won´t be a problem for them now, right?

Precisly as for current guns. They play at the same level and same circumstances. They have their opened channels now. Niether GnR or VR don´t exactly need to hunt a record deal those days. Just put the energy in creating great music that will reach us.

Oh, and age has in general nothing to do with liking the old or current lineup. Current linup haven´t rreleased any album yet if someone missed that. 99% of all "new" fans have came into guns via the original linup+/-dizzy, gilby, adler, matt, izzy, listening to AFD and UYI..

So old or not, we all have been through all these changings even if some even wasn´t born whe AFD were released.

I have a friend and we both (24 years old) have founded it easyer to like the current linup then his two younger brothers. They don´t even want "to hear this new shit"!! Niether want their freinds in the same age(15)They are stucked in front of their TV watching Paris from ´93 on DVD..

I had some discussions with them :D

and notice that first group.. they fall into both "i want to see Axl fail." and "This band isn't GNR" and "Told you its not as good". Fuckin non-fans, only fans of the old band.

How about the group whose infatuation with Axl Rose causes them to constantly try and diminish the role former bandmates had in making Guns N' Roses the huge band it was. This completely bewildering bunch of people will often belittle the talents of people like Slash and Duff, while at the same time cheer as a bunch of hired musicians play the very songs that Slash and Duff helped create.

No one diminish the role actually.. What´s the problem? Former bandmates are free to create their own music now. If they had a major role in Old guns, it won´t be a problem for them now, right?

Precisly as for current guns. They play at the same level and same circumstances. They have their opened channels now. Niether GnR or VR don´t exactly need to hunt a record deal those days. Just put the energy in creating great music that will reach us.

Oh, and age has in general nothing to do with liking the old or current lineup. Current linup haven´t rreleased any album yet if someone missed that. 99% of all "new" fans have came into guns via the original linup+/-dizzy, gilby, adler, matt, izzy, listening to AFD and UYI..

So old or not, we all have been through all these changings even if some even wasn´t born whe AFD were released.

I have a friend and we both (24 years old) have founded it easyer to like the current linup then his two younger brothers. They don´t even want "to hear this new shit"!! Niether want their freinds in the same age(15)They are stucked in front of their TV watching Paris from ´93 on DVD..

I had some discussions with them :D

I can easily understand them! :D

When u see SLASH ...... :wub:

the group I'm talking about had their mind made up before they heard anything. Its all bitterness. The group you are talking about, it has nothing to do with infatuation of anyone. We simply live in the present day, and your precious former members (apparently its your lifelong mission to defend them on internet message boards) are involved in other things and have no relevance here anymore. Go talk about them in the fucking VR section or something man.

You don't understand man. We don't belittle the talents of Slash and Duff at all. We love what they have given us and we love them still. But we are the ones who have looked at the history of Guns N' Roses and said 'What is done is done'. Perhaps you feel some kind of obligation to Slash and Duff which means you must ridicule the talents of a man like Robin Finck. You were sarcastic about him playing 'Sweet Child O' Mine' but why? You seem to have forgotten that he is just as good and maybe even better at playing that live than Slash was.

So sue us mate... why shouldn't we cheer at the songs Slash and Duff created with GN'R? We aren't afraid to admit we like this band and maybe you laugh and say 'You are cheering at a song that guy was hired to play!', fair enough but with that in mind when was the last time you heard Slash have a go at 'Sweet Child O' Mine'? ;)

in my head when I hear the old songs on any kind of music playing device. This just started recently...I know this shouldn't be...but :o Has this started happening to anyone else? Or am I just some Axlite :(

It has nothing to do with you, it's just a compliment to the new band.

Quite honestly I love it. The growing level of acceptence is well deserved!

Also, the standard punishment for using the word "axlite" should be at least 10 kicks in the balls. I hate that word! <_<

indeed its well deserved. some people would prefer to stick to the past, and i guess thats fine. But they are the ones missing out on something great thats here to be experienced NOW.

the term axlite is just a disgruntled slash fan's term for someone who supports the present and doesn't dwell on the past.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Free your mind and welcome to the dark side B) :lol:

UK SUBS.

:D great response, honestly.

The cool thing is that this band has the skill to pull off any Guns song (note4note). BF & Pittman are there.

The last tour showed us that the band had the chops to rock out the old material. Bucket , fortus & robin could have pulled off any GNR song they collectively chose to perform. jmo

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

The cool thing is that this band has the skill to pull off any Guns song (note4note). BF & Pittman are there.

The last tour showed us that the band had the chops to rock out the old material. Bucket , fortus & robin could have pulled off any GNR song they collectively chose to perform. jmo

Even members of this forum could play the old stuff. Note for note.

But it´s much about their ability to use your their skills in a creative way.

And that can´t no one take away from them.

consider that I´m an Axlite while username kick me in the balls :D

*sorry*

But it´s much about their ability to use your their skills in a creative way.

And that can´t no one take away from them.

consider that I´m an Axlite while username kick me in the balls :D

*sorry*

Some good points. Lots of people bash the way Finck plays the old stuff and claim he CANT play the leads. I'm sure Finck could play them all note for note the way they were recorded, but he's creative and has his own style and plays them the way he wants to play them. In a way he makes them his own and I respect the hell out of what he does on that stage.

Tell that to Robin Finck.

;)

Tell that to Robin Finck.

;)

Like I said above, I wouldn't want Finck to play the old stuff note for note. I like his spin on the old songs.