Songs you think will make the setlist for the NA tour? (And why?)

Solidius

I think Civil War could see its way back into the setlist, with the Middle Eastern conflict going on and whatnot. And if Axl gives in to the fans, we could finally see the new GNR play Don't Cry and/or Estranged.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

depends if the band takes any time to reherse. I think that one of the main reasons they are sticking to afd material is because the band has never played and of the uyi stuff together - at least that I know of. They would have to spend some time practicing the songs and learning the material, otherwise we will most likely have similar set lists

I have a feeling that the many solos that are played are kind of like place holders for the new songs. So once the album is released, the new songs will take the spots of the solos. And the band didnt want to learn 5 or 6 songs they would only be playing in Europe.

I would give my montly salary just to listen to Dont Damn Me and Get in the Ring get played on the US tour... those are amazing songs... not too difficult to play, well, maybe Dont Damn Me could be a little hart for Axl, but, come on, nothing more than IRS.

Here is what they should start to play:

CIVIL WAR

Don't Cry

Dead Horse

There Was A Time

Chinese Democracy

Those are a few great tunes that were absent from the European Tour for the most part. (Don't Cry Solo was good but not as good as the actual song).

Civil War is my favorite song and I'd love to have them play that for a change.

If they were going to pull out an unexpected tune, Don't Damn Me would definately be cool.

I would give my montly salary just to listen to Dont Damn Me and Get in the Ring get played on the US tour... those are amazing songs... not too difficult to play, well, maybe Dont Damn Me could be a little hart for Axl, but, come on, nothing more than IRS.

Dream on Get In The Ring has never been played live so :tongue2: Dont Damn Me would be sweet even though I wouldnt be hearing it live and it would even fit the 'theme' :)

I expect every song that has been played in europe will get played in the U.S

im hoping for some brand new songs, ones we haven't heard and will spend weeks talking about how good they are and who were the first people to here it

add an illusions song or two, axl is bored and jams to dead horse during a moving piano jam imagine that

and

ron is soloing to don't cry

the bass kicks in and axl sings don't cry

we can only dream..

They should play essential Gn'R songs including UYI material and at least 8new songs so...

Double Talkin' Jive

It 's So Easy

Live And Let Die

Nightrain

November Rain

Paradise City

Patience

Sweet Child O' Mine

Welcome To The Jungle

You Could Be Mine

Rotatable song (Such as Estranged, Civil War, Bad Obsession, Out Ta Get Me, Think About You)

Better

Chinese Democracy

IRS

The Blues

Catcher In The Rye

New Song

New Song

New Song

Rotatable song (variation of 3)

This is just A-Z not the actual order of this.

I feel very strongly about this, but I think the US tour will give us mostly Democracy tracks, about 1/2 of Appetite and more Illusion tunes. I think Axl is probably going to read this thread or most that have been like it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they all seem to pre-dominantely show that the fans want more Illusion tracks rock3

I think these are the only ones in question:

I used to love her

Yesterdays

Civil War

Perhaps even Estranged, but Axl has stated that it's a Slash-song. Dunno about that, but what I DO KNOW, is that Estranged is the most complicated song of them all, and to nail that one live you need a few practice rounds in someones basement.

Personally I'd love to hear So fine, but then again that's a Duff-song.