The Beatles & Led Zeppelin

Calm Like A Bomb

In my opinion i think that The Beatles and Led Zeppelin are the two greatest bands to have ever graced God's green earth. No band comes close to these two, although there are of course other great bands but these two greats will always be sharing the top spot in my opinion nobody will ever touch them especially in all of our life times.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the first three words in your post said it all, "In my opinion..."

I agree with you, when it comes to The Beatles. But I find Led Zeppelin to be rather overrated. Using your words, this is just my opinion. The Beatles had a great impact on music, one that still hasn't been reached by other musicians. Led Zeppelin were the stepping stone to what we call hard rock. But The Beatles are the platform to what we call music :)

Edited by swlabr

To be honest, I can't name another band (other than The Beatles) that are more influential than Led Zeppelin.

The Rolling Stones?

Anyway, I love both bands, but when you say "greatest", you're speaking in your own opinion. I would call them two of the most popular or influential bands, instead.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
The Beatles were an overrated pop band. I don't know why everyone thinks they're so great.

They have ears.

Anyway, in terms of influence, longevity, and just about everything else, The Rolling Stones are greater than Led Zeppelin ever were.

You'd be amazed at how many people - particularly the younger generation - that think the Beatles only recorded songs like 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'..

They're completely oblivious to Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, Revolver and the White Album..

Both bands were great.. but I've always connected with Lennon as a solo artist more than either

-Kickingthehabit

The Beatles were an overrated pop band. I don't know why everyone thinks they're so great.

They have ears.

Anyway, in terms of influence, longevity, and just about everything else, The Rolling Stones are greater than Led Zeppelin ever were.

Sorry, Stones are (well, "were") a great rock band for their time, but as Paul McCartney once said, they just copied everything the Beatles did, and did it a little bit after them. The only thing the Stones did differently was infuse a passion of blues into their music. But in terms of longevity, influence and popularity, Led Zeppelin outweigh them - and if you were to conduct a poll across the world Led Zeppelin would probably come out on top. Led Zeppelin were bigger during their time and they didn't make as many bad records as the Stones did.

The Stones should have stopped at the end of the 1970s.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

They have ears.

Sorry, Stones are (well, "were") a great rock band for their time, but as Paul McCartney once said, they just copied everything the Beatles did, and did it a little bit after them. The only thing the Stones did differently was infuse a passion of blues into their music. But in terms of longevity, influence and popularity, Led Zeppelin outweigh them - and if you were to conduct a poll across the world Led Zeppelin would probably come out on top. Led Zeppelin were bigger during their time and they didn't make as many bad records as the Stones did.

The Stones should have stopped at the end of the 1970s.

That's bullshit, they were entirely different from The Beatles. The Rolling Stones invented Hard Rock, they made it into a riff-based music. Do you know what longevity even means? The Rolling Stones have been going strong for over 40 years, throughout lineup changes and all. How could there be a Led Zeppelin without The Stones? Like I said they invented Hard Rock. Popularity? Fuck Popularity. I don't even care about that. The Rolling Stones didn't make bad records.

That's bullshit, they were entirely different from The Beatles. The Rolling Stones invented Hard Rock, they made it into a riff-based music. Do you know what longevity even means? The Rolling Stones have been going strong for over 40 years, throughout lineup changes and all. How could there be a Led Zeppelin without The Stones? Like I said they invented Hard Rock. Popularity? Fuck Popularity. I don't even care about that. The Rolling Stones didn't make bad records.

The Rolling Stones are better than Led Zeppelin in terms of creativity, musicianship, songwriting, and on stage performance.

That is fact, and Buckets of Rain is wrong.

I love my Zep...but

Beatles and Stones

The Stones essentially created the spectacle kown as arena rock...they raised the bar for the rock and roll live experience,to heights that all bands (including Zeppelin) had to aspire to.

What gets lost in the mire as time goes by...is...the Beatles saved rock and roll.They came along when things were going down the Fabian toilet....literally.

...and that's in a nutshell