MTV music awards August 31st

Nightcrawler

MTV doesn't care about Axl anymore. He won't be at the VMA's.

Oh come on MTV will do anything for publicity and who would they rather stole the show... Guns N' Roses or... the Killers?

Anyway if they do play it I really want them to do Welcome to the Jungle again... but this time for Axl to fuckin' nail it like he has been doing all summer. Then finish off with whatever the first single will be... maybe 'Better' or 'I.R.S'! Fuck imagine if they performed 'There Was A Time'! Everyone will be like 'Did you hear those solos? Fuckin' hell! I want to smoke Robin Finck's pole!'...

Being that I've gone marginally off topic I'll end this post with a subtle 'WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!' rock1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really want Guns to be on MTV? Possibly the worst music station ever. Fuck that. I don't want to see them inbetween a bunch of emo and rap bastards.

Well I don't care much about the whole emo rap thingy. I actually hope Fall Out Boy wins one of their two nominations. anyway MTV is not Music TV anymore with shit like the real world, road rules (though I don;t mind punk'd.) Anyhoo Axl showing up at the VMA's would kick ass. I don't reall y think it will happen or as a matter a fact want to. I think the grammys would fit better with the way MTV has been going.

Edited by Death Star

After the negative reaction to the last time, I would highly, HIGHLY doubt Axl would even entertain this.

And I say good.

2002 is not the impression he'll want to leave most people with. The band and Axl are far better and more together now and he'll want to show that to people.

As for all the MTV negativity...the awards show is still very highly rated and if you want to sell CD's, this is a good spot to start. Of course Axl will want to use them, and anyone that says MTV has no use for him, your an idiot, Axl could show up the day of the show and they'd rearrange the performances for him.

I think Axl is gonna want to redeem himself. We've all seen that he is in tip top form and I'm sure he wants to prove himself. What better way than the MTV awards?

Damn, now i'm gettin excited.

As for TWAT, NO way. I say go with Better to blow everyone away.

Can't fuckin wait for GNR to come back, I've been talkin them up to everyone!

Do you really want Guns to be on MTV? Possibly the worst music station ever. Fuck that. I don't want to see them inbetween a bunch of emo and rap bastards.

Gn'R were/are MTV darlings.

Were.

Besides, MTV was a lot different 4 years ago. It was never a top quality channel, but now it's gone to the total shits. I don't know how they can even call themselves a music station.

I understand it would be quite good publicity, but come on Axl, have some standards...

I think Axl is gonna want to redeem himself. We've all seen that he is in tip top form and I'm sure he wants to prove himself. What better way than the MTV awards?

Damn, now i'm gettin excited.

As for TWAT, NO way. I say go with Better to blow everyone away.

Can't fuckin wait for GNR to come back, I've been talkin them up to everyone!

Axl has been amazing this tour, he's ready, in hindsight you can see he was rushed out in 2002. He's way more into things now.

I think he should do his single, I doubt the songs we heard will be the first single, otherwise they'd have rushed out a single version once the leak hit.

I don't get what people are talking about with MTV, who cares if the channel sucks, it's an award show alot of people watch. GNR's success is rooted to MTV to them and other artists. They cater to maddonna and they'll cater to Axl. He's part of thier history in such a huge way. Axl will get whatever he wants from them, including videoplay or an awards show headline spot.

MTV doesn't care about Axl anymore. He won't be at the VMA's.

:lol: good one!

Know any others? B)

UK SUBS.

:lol: :lol:

...But on a serious note, i'm sure MTV would do anything to get Axl on the show.

MTV usually reports even the smallest bit of news regarding GNR, and it's usually in a positive light.

They just did it again today on their website.

Ay, ay, ay...this MTV thing is like every November when we speculate with the release of CD. Since 2002, every year Guns are speculated to be there :rolleyes: . And about the August break...that´s it, a break, and among other things that only the band knows I´m sure they´ll try to rest a bit after this amazing tour, after all they deserve a break, don´t they?

Oh, by the way, MTV may be crap today but they would do whatever for GNR, especially for Axl.

Axl=news=more audience...

Edited by November_rain

Ay, ay, ay...this MTV thing is like every November when we speculate with the release of CD. Since 2002, every year Guns are speculated to be there :rolleyes: .

That's true, but Guns didn't tour back in 2003, 2004 or 2005 like they did/do this year, right? So if they're in the "middle" of their "world-tour", leaks are out, mainly positive critics in the press (forget the Mick hittheWall things), ...... and MTV thing being held in the August as in the month w/o gigs, ... Why not?

M.

Ay, ay, ay...this MTV thing is like every November when we speculate with the release of CD. Since 2002, every year Guns are speculated to be there :rolleyes: .

That's true, but Guns didn't tour back in 2003, 2004 or 2005 like they did/do this year, right? So if they're in the "middle" of their "world-tour", leaks are out, mainly positive critics in the press (forget the Mick hittheWall things), ...... and MTV thing being held in the August as in the month w/o gigs, ... Why not?

M.

I could be wrong but I bet they won´t be there ;)

M.

I could be wrong but I bet they won´t be there ;)

I'll take that bet!!

I'd like to see them make up for the 2002 disaster that was the VMAs. Even though I liked the performance, looking back it was horrible in many ways. The band looked like shit (wigger,buckethead,goth). And it wasn't as tight as the band is now.

If they were to open the show with Jungle, then close with Better, I think it would be great.

I'd like to see them make up for the 2002 disaster that was the VMAs. Even though I liked the performance, looking back it was horrible in many ways. The band looked like shit (wigger,buckethead,goth). And it wasn't as tight as the band is now.

If they were to open the show with Jungle, then close with Better, I think it would be great.

I agree. "Welcome To The Jungle" and then "Better"(or some other new tune, possibally the single?) not a bad idea.

CD > TWAT/The Blues > IRS/Better would be a better choice. As has been brought up, this would be the 3rd time they've used Jungle at the VMAs, plus, it'd be all new songs so they couldn't have a go at Axl for hanging onto the past etc etc

Edited by PurpleHaze

CD > TWAT/The Blues > IRS/Better would be a better choice. As has been brought up, this would be the 3rd time they've used Jungle at the VMAs, plus, it'd be all new songs so they couldn't have a go at Axl for hanging onto the past etc etc

Good point.