MTV music awards August 31st

Nightcrawler

Kurt loder is one of the few interviewers axl has history with that hasn't burned him in recent years, he's also a high up suit at MTV, if there is an album to promote this year, Axl will involve loder and MTV. I'm suprised how many people think Axl will avoid this music awards with a big tour and album so close behind them, MTV would probably build the show around honoring him if he wanted them to.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I can agree with that. But introducing the general public (that may only be familiar with the past) to the current Guns, it would work having Jungle. But they can't do no fucking medley's this time.

I have a crazy idea about introducing the new band to the world...Playing A brand new single.

Ever since the 02 VMA's people wanna speculate on a Gn'R performance every single year...

Think about it.

If Gn'R were to do another surprise performance it would be the most ridiculously stupid PR move EVER. You know what most people think of the '02 "comeback"? That it was a failure. Repeating the same actions would invite massive ridicule from the media.

After the negative reaction to the last time, I would highly, HIGHLY doubt Axl would even entertain this.

And I say good.

2002 is not the impression he'll want to leave most people with. The band and Axl are far better and more together now and he'll want to show that to people.

As for all the MTV negativity...the awards show is still very highly rated and if you want to sell CD's, this is a good spot to start. Of course Axl will want to use them, and anyone that says MTV has no use for him, your an idiot, Axl could show up the day of the show and they'd rearrange the performances for him.

What you have to remember though Nightcrawler, is that this is not some last-ditch, grab the spotlight one last time thing....remember, Axl says there are roughly 3 albums of new material waiting to be released. I don't think he really gives two shits about how people remember him from a five minute performance 4 years ago.

I think at this point, GNR have bigger fish to fry! ;)

Better Axl/GNR than some Emo or Rap shit. Axl playing the VMA's will let the whole world know he's back. Imagine how kick ass it will be them closing the show, maybe running thru a few songs and debuting the new single.

ROUND 2

Many rumors circulating around the Internet is that Guns N’ Roses might play at this year’s “2006 MTV

Video Music Awards” but So Hood Magazine has been informed that Guns N’ Roses are not performing in the

MTV Video Music Awards. An MTV spokeswoman has shot down this rumor, “GNR are not performing”

said the MTV spokeswoman.

The "2006 MTV Video Music Awards" will broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York, NY on

Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 8:00PM (LIVE ET/Tape Delayed PT). –Mario Diaz

Source: http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/571/41/

Many rumors circulating around the Internet is that Guns N’ Roses might play at this year’s “2006 MTV

Video Music Awards” but So Hood Magazine has been informed that Guns N’ Roses are not performing in the

MTV Video Music Awards. An MTV spokeswoman has shot down this rumor, “GNR are not performing”

The \"2006 MTV Video Music Awards\" will broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York, NY on

Did MTV confirm that GnR were going to play the 2002 VMA\'s before it happened?

The \"2006 MTV Video Music Awards\" will broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York, NY on

Did MTV confirm that GnR were going to play the 2002 VMA\'s before it happened?

No. But they didn't issue a flat out denial.

i won't be surprised if/when it happens. I expect that Kurt Loder would interview Axl again as soon as he walks off the stage and this time when Loder asks when CD is coming out, Axl will give the specific date.

:laugh:

Now THAT would be funny! :laugh:

"Uuumm... You'll see it... on the 4th of November, in stores everywhere, pre-order your copy now!"

:rofl-lol: "The first 100,000 copies sold also get a free signed picture of me!"

face it negros, the album is never coming out, they wont play in the VMA's and bumblefoot is NOT in gnr. :book:

sorry MR NEGATIVE!