AXL's lack of twat

undercovergunner

TWAT hasn't been played because the band need to practice it more I feel. Whilst the NYC performance of it was good in someways (Finck and Ron nailed the solos pretty damn well), Axl's vocals left a lot to be desired.

I think by the time the US tour hits us, it'll be perfected and will be the star of the show (the 3 minute solo is epic, if anything will win around audiences it's that..).

It's interesting to me that there isn't much discussion of "The Blues". I think it's a really great song. I mean, I don't think it will be the first single release, but it's worthy of a single.

IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar...as much as I love GnR....don't you all feel deep down inside that these songs are just poor. I mean, they're not awful, but don't we all know deep inside that they're weak. Maybe if this album came out in 1995, but gosh, there's been 13 years to put something together...

TWAT is a good song in my opinion. Haven't heard CITR. RATB is weak.

GU

TWAT hasn't been played because the band need to practice it more I feel. Whilst the NYC performance of it was good in someways (Finck and Ron nailed the solos pretty damn well), Axl's vocals left a lot to be desired.

I think by the time the US tour hits us, it'll be perfected and will be the star of the show (the 3 minute solo is epic, if anything will win around audiences it's that..).

Of the songs we've heard, I think that Chinese Democracy or Better would be a better choice for a single. I think they would see more mainstream success than something like TWAT or IRS.

But, what do I know? I might be wrong. :)

I thik a shorter/fast rock song like Better/IRS would appeal more to the masses than a long epic like Magagascar/TWAT. While long time fans would like either, I think they need to market to a broader audience.

I personally think Madagascar could make it as a hit first single. I know it's not a heavy rock song or anything, but it has a certain quality that makes it catchy. It sorta reminds me of Civil War.

Maybe because it has the same quote from "Cool Hand Luke"? :unsure:

TWAT isn't accessible enough to be the first single. 'Nuff said really. It's not an option. You need a song that the masses can hear once and really dig it. TWAT is something you need to put some time into to truly appreciate.

I.R.S. has grown on me a lot since I first heard it, but it's a bit too mellow. Chinese Democracy is a better choice, but Better is better still. It's the only song so far that rocks really hard and is instantly catchy - this is what is necessary in a new single from a band like GN'R and is what automatically disqualifies songs like CITR, TWAT, and The Blues. It's the natural choice, unless Axl's got something we haven't yet heard.

BTW, I don't think either CITR or TWAT are a mess. They flow perfectly fine to my ears. CITR may not have a conventional structure in terms of verses and choruses, but that just makes it more interesting. There are different musical ideas in both songs, especially in Catcher, but I think they all fit in just fine. Besides, it's not like GN'R hasn't before used different musical ideas in the same song. And I am sure the final versions will be finely polished, so anything that may now sound rough will be fixed.