Is Axl headed for a breakdown?

HisRoyalFatness

everything is working very well out and Guns N' Roses are going to be bigger than... I don't know, as big as they used to. no GN'R tour can be finished without giving something nobody will forget! AFD tour: well, the music mostly, and a new band gaining the world. USI tour: the music, gnr becoming the baddest band on earth, st. louis incident, riots and more. CD ('02) tour: well, Axl's comeback, new bandmates, unfinished tour. CD ('06) tour: all that you said.

GUNS N' ROSES are the 2 and a half words that this world may keep whatever happens to it and will never forget 'em.

My question is, will GNR be big again here in the USA? Since the tour cancelation in 2002 caused some riots, its maybe hard for the band to play in some cities, including my city of Philadelphia. I know a few radio djays that are not liking Axl Rose whatsoever. Hes really got a bad rap with some people here. Its going to be a have to prove myself tour with no cancelations, etc.

that's just a little more job for the band... they'll make their respect again, but they'll maybe won't play in some cities but GN'R was just as big when they stopped playing in St.Louis becouse of the riot there... if it's possible, even bigger 'couse of all the news about this and all.

It's great to see Axl living it up again. He's staying out all night, boozing it up, enjoying splenda, fucking models, biting cops and shit (we'll forget about getting into a slap fight with a gay fashion designer). That's great. It's like the 80's again. With braids.

After having spent the better part of the last decade alone and depressed, I think it's probably very exciting for him. He's getting lots of love from his fans and apparently has no trouble finding models to replace The One Of Whom We Shall Never Speak. Even the media has been suprisingly good to him this comeback. He's got to feel vindicated after all the bullshit he's put himself through.

Does Axl think he's "fixed" himself? It's almost like he's trying really hard to make up for all the partying he missed during his years in Malibu exile. But is all this partying premature? He's still pretty mentally imbalanced - late shows, lamb, fights, bites, his paralyzing fear of coins - is anyone else worried that it's going to come crashing down?

Axl is Axl because he believes in himself without fail and refuses to consider anyone else's opinions (except maybe Beta's). While that was a great asset early in his career, it's become a real liability. This tour's been the best thing Axl's done in over a decade, so that gives me hope. But he just doesn't seem... I don't know... healthy to me. All the bling and models and stuff is like trying to convince himself that he's still on the top of the world.

He's yet to drop an album, a single or even a release date. To me, it seems like he's in full celebration mode. I'm just worried there's a lot more shit to come. It's going to be a real fight back here in the states. CD will have to fucking amazing to win over critics.

Axl's so far out there. Very tempermental. Takes everything personally. I'm just afraid that at any moment it could all crumble. I remember hearing about how Bumblefoot was warning fans outside the NYC shows not to say anything that could upset Axl because this whole thing was hanging by threads. Basically, it seems to me like Axl's acting like he's seen the worst of it and he's already come out on top. But the real shit hasn't even hit the fan yet.

Nice post!

I had the same thoughts ... but... i don't think Axl should necessarily have been alone and depressed... he wasn't on the spot lights but maybe he was fine!

As long as we know he could have been better then now!

Edited by TheAlien

I stopped reading after the assumption that he was "lonely and depressed" during the period that he chose not to be in the spotlight. Where are you getting your information? Axl could have toured whenever he wanted. You make it sound like he was released from prison. Are 'splenda', alcohol, females, and lamb somehow unable to make an appearance on Axl's property? Ridiculous.

People, please, stop doing assumptions and suppositions. You don´t know shit about the man. And being out of the public eye doesn´t mean he´s been unhappy or locked at home and shit like that :rolleyes: . Axl just lives his life, like the rest of humans do!

Yes please!

There's not logic in thinking that Axl has been staying unhappy and alone for 10 years ... maybe he had the best time of his life as long as we know.........