The Verve - Drugs Dont Work

New Rose

Wow, what a great emotional song.

I havent really heard Verve, but after this I might go hunt for some of their stuff.

Awesome song, it's on repeat.

EDIT: Wtf I didnt put any heart in this :huh:

Oh well, its a great song, it deserves a heart.

Edited by New Rose

The Verve were bland and had nothing unique about them, and how Richard Ashcroft's solo stuff makes the charts is a joke, it's awful, just another 90s hyped up nme band....

Blur are really the only britpop band i can listen to nowadays, they had a lots of originality compared to bands like Oasis and The Verve, check out songs like Coffee & Tv, The Universal and Beetlebum for some of the best british music of the 90s.

The Verve were bland and had nothing unique about them, and how Richard Ashcroft's solo stuff makes the charts is a joke, it's awful, just another 90s hyped up nme band....

Blur are really the only britpop band i can listen to nowadays, they had a lots of originality compared to bands like Oasis and The Verve, check out songs like Coffee & Tv, The Universal and Beetlebum for some of the best british music of the 90s.

Really? :drevil:

To me, basing on this song, they seem excellent.. And I've heard all those Blur songs. Good songs, no doubt.

Thats is BOLLOXS

Richard Ashcroft is a legend and his solo stuff is great

This is a very emotionally charged song, apparently it is about when his mother was dying from something (might be cancer) and that is why he sounds so emotional when he sings it.

The lyrics to this song are amazing, as are some of their other songs, give the album Urban Hymns a try, it is great!

You kind of made sense until you compared them to Blur. Everyone have an opinion but their type of music is not that different, yet you trash one band and idolize the other...

Don't get me wrong I've listend a lot to Blur and think they've made some great songs but Urban Hymns is better than anything (albums) Blur did. I've got all of Richard's solo stuff as well and even if it's not the best he's done I do think he's very talented and write good lyrics.

Urban Hymns is considered by many to be among the greatest album of all time and I remember it was voted album of the year in many countries back in 1997. I think it's timeless and I still enjoy listening to it.

New Rose, go buy that album. you won't regret it! B)

The Verve and Ashcroft are flippin excellent. I like Blur and I have Parklife and Greatest Hits, but i have Urban Hymns and The Singles by The Verve and and they win hands down. Ashcroft is an amzing musician, he can sing, play guitar and piano! Damon Albarn can just about sing! His guitar playing is good but Ashcroft has had a better career after his main band. You're telling me that The Gorillaz are good? Jeez...And Oasis had no originality? Every album has gone in a slightly different direction to the others. Definately Maybe came out before Parklife, and you're saying Parklife is original britpop? Go listen to some Morrisey so that you can commit suicide...Wankstein

This is a very emotionally charged song, apparently it is about when his mother was dying from something (might be cancer) and that is why he sounds so emotional when he sings it.

The lyrics to this song are amazing, as are some of their other songs, give the album Urban Hymns a try, it is great!

You kind of made sense until you compared them to Blur. Everyone have an opinion but their type of music is not that different, yet you trash one band and idolize the other...

Don't get me wrong I've listend a lot to Blur and think they've made some great songs but Urban Hymns is better than anything (albums) Blur did. I've got all of Richard's solo stuff as well and even if it's not the best he's done I do think he's very talented and write good lyrics.

Urban Hymns is considered by many to be among the greatest album of all time and I remember it was voted album of the year in many countries back in 1997. I think it's timeless and I still enjoy listening to it.

New Rose, go buy that album. you won't regret it! B)

Great! :D

I'll get it as soon as I can, I know I wont be disappointed! rock2

The Verve and Ashcroft are flippin excellent. I like Blur and I have Parklife and Greatest Hits, but i have Urban Hymns and The Singles by The Verve and and they win hands down. Ashcroft is an amzing musician, he can sing, play guitar and piano! Damon Albarn can just about sing! His guitar playing is good but Ashcroft has had a better career after his main band. You're telling me that The Gorillaz are good? Jeez...And Oasis had no originality? Every album has gone in a slightly different direction to the others. Definately Maybe came out before Parklife, and you're saying Parklife is original britpop? Go listen to some Morrisey so that you can commit suicide...Wankstein

Wankstein :lol: , seeing as you're known as a knobhead on here i can't be arsed replying to that, but no, i don't like the gorillaz at all, i'm not even a massive blur fan, i was in the 90s but my interest in them has cooled, i still have all their albums and just consider them much more unique and fresh compared to The Verve and Oasis, plus as Morrisey goes, i can't stand him, he can't sing, The Smiths songs are boring and his voice is awful, Damon Albarn didn't have the greatest singing voice, but at least it was enjoyable, Morrisey's voice is just a drag.

Wankstein :lol: , seeing as you're known as a knobhead on here i can't be arsed replying to that, but no, i don't like the gorillaz at all, i'm not even a massive blur fan, i was in the 90s but my interest in them has cooled, i still have all their albums and just consider them much more unique and fresh compared to The Verve and Oasis, plus as Morrisey goes, i can't stand him, he can't sing, The Smiths songs are boring and his voice is awful, Damon Albarn didn't have the greatest singing voice, but at least it was enjoyable, Morrisey's voice is just a drag.

i know. i hate everything morrissey did. but to say the verve and oasis arent original just shows pure lack of musical knowledge. im not insulting you, im just saying dont judge bands wrongly.

Wow, what a great emotional song.

I havent really heard Verve, but after this I might go hunt for some of their stuff.

Awesome song, it's on repeat.

EDIT: Wtf I didnt put any heart in this :huh:

Oh well, its a great song, it deserves a heart.

you should listen to the song "history" found on their masterpeice album "a northern soul"

all their albums are GREAT.

heres how I rank their albums in order of greatness.

1. A Northern Soul

2. Storm In Heaven

3. Urban Hymns

any fans of the verve/richard ashcroft?

this is a band i'd like to reaunite as much as gnr, ashcrofts solo work is good, but i dont think he's getting the credit he deserves on his own, some of his lyrics are just genius'he's up there with any top song writers

heres one of my favourite verve songs it starts off slow but is a beautiful song in my opinion live at haigh hall wigan 1998- velvet morning

please watch all this video & rate it

heres lifes an ocean'

live on the jules holland show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIRP-hz3YPA

Edited by lawrence