Axl in GQ!!

sammerc

A friend of mine knows how much of a fan I am of Axl so he sent an early copy of GQ (he prints the mag.) to me today! It is roughly an 11 page article. (including pics) I haven't got through it all......the guy who wrote it rambles on a bit. I find it so far pretty interesting. However, anything about him would be to me. So I am a bit bias, but I know from reading the posts that any little tidbit, people love to dissect on this board.

So look for it! I am not sure if it is out in the stores yet...or in your mailbox maybe?? :)

No he isn't on the cover and he isn't mentioned on the front either.

I do have a camera HAHA! Don't be jerks. I am technically challanged, if you will. I will see if I can get some help with getting you guys some more info/ pics.

The pics that are in it are ones you have all seen I am sure.

1- black and white, top off with jeans (top button undone) 1990 ish - FULL PAGE

2- color. currant pic. close up just of his face lookin bad (no smile :angry: ) black button down top- FULL PAGE

3- color. currant and notorius NYC crouched down pose- SMALL WALLET SIZE PIC

4- color old skool, american flag spandex shorts with bandana, with mic stand bending way back-3"x5"

5- blk/white mug shot 1982 (i haven't ever seen it- VERY young looking) 3"x5"

6- color Live at the Ritz era. Black leather pants with suspenders, no shirt -2"x4"

7- repeat small pic of the 2 full page (see 1,2)

8- color, him and Stephanie in a front row of a fashion show 91' (hot if i may add) - 4"x5"

9- color, him being smushed between 2 girls. (it says 2003, but looks more currant than that)- 4"x3

10- color 1987 stage dive 3"x4"

So for all you who don't believe, I am sure my husband is going to be thrilled to upload pictures for you guys. Like he doesn't hear me talk about him enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought it! Thank so much for the post because I never would of noticed. I would scan them for everyone, but I don't have a scanner. The article is not that great. The man just interviews one of Axl's old pals from Indiana. I never saw that mug shot before. His hair is all feathered. Lol. :) For anyone who wants it, Clive Owen is on the cover and there is no mention on the front. If you just flip through it, it starts on page 385.

Edited by PrettyTiedUp763

what does GQ stand for?

or is it just GQ?

i never heard of it

whats its target audience? music lovers?

Gentleman's Quarterly.

It aims itself (or so it says) at a more upmarket "metrosexual" (stupid word) group of men. Not music lovers

Edited by Glick

i went to the local target and they do not have that GQ

i looked threw every single page in that magazine and dint find what i was looking for

i was angry at target for not having the magazine

]i have to go back over the weekend to check again

I want it!

Although i'm going to look like a queer buying GQ magazine...Oh well :P

thats so funny i was in the store carrying GQ around looking at it and thought the same thing :D , i didnt buy it but the pics of axl are soooo good. i might get it later

I want it!

Although i'm going to look like a queer buying GQ magazine...Oh well :P

thats so funny i was in the store carrying GQ around looking at it and thought the same thing :D , i didnt buy it but the pics of axl are soooo good. i might get it later

:question: What's the month on the mag?????

Aug. or Sept.?? You know how these magazines always

seem to be a month ahead!! <_<

It is September's issue. It has a close up of Clive Owen on the front.

His spread starts on page 384. The article stops and continues on a few times at the farther end of the mag.

This isn't an interview with axl himself. This character interviews hometown (axl's) people/authorities.

IMO it was entertaining. The guy is real descriptive on the moments before "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?" blasted out of New York for the first times in years and the energy of the place. Being that I made it to NY for 2 of the shows.....the way he describes it hit a spot for me. Makes you re-live that phenomenal moment.

**For all who gets the mag, the photo shoot right before the Axl one, is hot and kind of an added bonus. :P

:D Here we go!!!!!!!!! Pics first,

gq1fixedjw5.jpggq2fixedld1.jpg

gq3fixedrz8.jpg*full pages~resized for posting

gq4fixednu4.jpg

gq5fixedxo4.jpg

gq6fixedms8.jpg

gqafixedli6.jpg

gqbfixedpv3.jpg

;) Interesting text tidbits!!! Haven't read it all yet, these are just a few!!

text1tt0.jpg

gq1fixedfq6.jpg

:wub: If I read anything else interesting, I'll post it!! :wub:

Edited by rosemc