What a year

jmall1

Bat Out of Hell III (release date October 31st this year)

trailer

the making of video: (features Brian May, Nikki Sixx, Steve Vai and more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbUCuCg264...of%20hell%20III

2 years in the making

Rocky 6 (release date Dec 22 this year)

trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18M-FXbpxIw...earch=rocky%206

14 years in the making

Chinese Democracy (release date in fall)

To get a topic going:

How do you think Axl's project compares to Meat's bat out of hell in anticipation, criticism and work put into it. He has made the album very similarly to Axl with the help of other musicians such as Mr Nikki Sixx and featuring a cameo by Brian May (loves the big albums!!!)!!! Specifically has Meat Loaf had the same amount of build up as Axl or has he gone under the radar? I mean bat out of hell (the first two) weren't exactly small (50 Million albums between them).

Anyway I think they are both going to be absolutely huge. Wouldn't It'd be funny though if bat beats democracy (hopefully not though for G'N'R sake), I mean it would be completely unexpected for us fans, especially from Meatloaf (well over 50 years old). Strangely enough though, If the new video is anything to go on, it just might be as bigl!!! http://www.thenakedwire.com/

Well anyway these are some cool things to look forward to this year, especially Rocky 6 haha (nah seriously it looks great)!!!

Edited by jmall1

I would say meat has kinda flown under the radar since bat out of hell 2. I for one am excited to hear the next album, but there hasn't been the buildup for it like there has been for CD. Meat has released stuff since then, and done some movies, while Axl has been very reclusive, and has hyped one album all this time. Plus Axl seems to have an almost mythical stature due his lack of interaction, and I think that helps fuel the machine. Even people who aren't big Guns fans ask me whats going on with them every once and a while, and want release date info when it comes, as well as tickets for the fall.

I think Meatloaf would be hyped more if he collaborated with Steinman on this one. But you are right, bat 1 and 2 were not exactly small releases.

fuck. that bumps chi d to #2 on my most anticipated albums list....

1. BAT OUT OF HELL III Nikki Sixx & Brian May- it's gonna be fuckin awesome.

2. CHINESE DEMOCRACY Blah, blah, boo-bah.

3. FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS I don't give a shit if he's pop or not, that 1st single kicks ass.

3. FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS I don't give a shit if he's pop or not, that 1st single kicks ass.

Yeah it's as great as David Hasselhoff's songs.. Or wait I dont know, David might have some material that is superior to that. :confused:

:rolleyes:

Yeah it's as great as David Hasselhoff's songs.. Or wait I dont know, David might have some material that is superior to that. :confused:

:rolleyes:

dont hassle the hoff, ok...

I got the first two Bat Outta Hell albums. I preferred No. 2 myself, especially the first five songs. Neither album was consistently great from start to finish IMO, though No. 2 was more so than No. 1. Meat's best work is great though...the songs are so epic and melodic, it's fantastic.

Watching the trailer and that making of video, we got to hear some of the songs. I can't say for certain with such short clips but none of them sounded that great to me. Hope I stand corrected on that one. In any case, it'll be interesting to see how this album fares, both critically and commercially.

Guess no one has read my sig the past few months. oh well. John 5 will also be featured on the Bat 3 album. Meat is pushing 60 but he still puts on a great show. Go to this link to hear the demo for the song The Monster Is Lose. song

It is a great song.

My guitar teacher thinks I'm nuts because I like Meat Loaf. :D