1. madagascar- i think its great

2. the blues- great songs sunds like an old GNR song

3. better- i do not like the begining..other then that its OK

4. twat- nothing special

5. irs- do not like the lyrics

6. chinese democracy- 3th worst song writen by new gnr

7. catcher in the rye- cool

8. rhyad- ok

9. silkworms- 2worst song ever made (gnr)

still waiting for that new stile of music axl was talkign sooooo much about....i hope it will never hapen :) pure rock thats what i want rock1 rock2 rock1 rock2 fuck all that techno shit :krider:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. madagascar- i think its great

2. the blues- great songs sunds like an old GNR song

3. better- i do not like the begining..other then that its OK

4. twat- nothing special

5. irs- do not like the lyrics

6. chinese democracy- 3th worst song writen by new gnr

7. catcher in the rye- cool

8. rhyad- ok

9. silkworms- 2worst song ever made (gnr)

still waiting for that new stile of music axl was talkign sooooo much about....i hope it will never hapen :) pure rock thats what i want rock1 rock2 rock1 rock2 fuck all that techno shit :krider:

strange thing most people dont know is that we have david bowie to blame for the techno and industrial shit

i hate those songs they're awful, they are so uncatchy and the lyrics are awful, the guitars are lacking any talent and the singer just doesnt sing high enough

im starting to think those 30 year old sex deprived guys who live in their mothers basement surviving on government funded cheese on the ebaums world forum are right, yep, all five of them

Sarcasam...Ok edit.

Better is the best fucking song I have heard in a long ass time man. I do think Axl needs to move less when playing it live though. Maybe if they come to Canada I'll throw something at him so he sings it pissed off :lol: J/K.

Edited by F*ck Fear

Holy geez...I've been spending way too much time on the My World board...lots of new people here!!

welcome Gunners!

..love the new tunes!

TWAT is going to be utterly amazing when we hear the finished product!!

i hate those songs they're awful, they are so uncatchy and the lyrics are awful, the guitars are lacking any talent and the singer just doesnt sing high enough

im starting to think those 30 year old sex deprived guys who live in their mothers basement surviving on government funded cheese on the ebaums world forum are right, yep, all five of them

The demos have been far from awful, and the lyrics are top notch. Have you heard I.R.S. ? Axl hits some pretty high ones.

wow you really missed out on my sarcasm didnt you?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. :P

So far I've heard "Chinese Democracy", "Better", "I.R.S.", "There Was A Time", "The Blues", "Catcher In The Rye", and "Madagascar". I love all of those songs. I can't wait for Chinese Democracy to be released. I definitely think Axl has something very special with this new material and I think his final version of the record will be incredible! rock3

About this Chinese Democracy material, what has not been shown yet (which pray to god will be on the album or I will kill Axl) is speedy songs with great drum parts and jams/solos like You Could Be Mine and Double Talkin' Jive. If the band would make more songs like that or if they already have made songs as such, surely they could win more and more fans.

The demos have been far from awful, and the lyrics are top notch. Have you heard I.R.S. ? Axl hits some pretty high ones.

wow you really missed out on my sarcasm didnt you?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. :P

:rofl-lol:

QUOTE(tuyfuvk17 @ Aug 3 2006, 06:42 AM)

No way!! I love the new songs and i think that nearly all of the GNR world do as well (or at least some of the songs). As for the guitar work 'lacking any talent' - so untrue for anyone who knows what im talking about you cant get any more technically proficient than the 'Sweeped Arpeggios' on Better, tapping, shredding (mainy by Buckethead or now Bumblefoot). In addition all of the guitarists in Guns N' Roses play just amazing work, i agree that the work is much different from that of Slash and the old band but people move on, music moves on and i think that Axl's 'epic' rock styles in that of 'Estranged' and 'November Rain' are clearly mirrored in such new songs like 'TWAT', 'I.R.S', 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues'. I love these new songs and listen to them constantly and i have no doubt what so ever of the new members ability especially Axl - he has just the best voice ive ever heard so raw and powerful - a perfect frontman - i beleive in these guys and Chinese Democracy.

Still its good to get another perspective from another fan.

I'm really into the new songs. If you look at the tour this year and some of the setlist the new ones fit in quite comfortably because the fact is that they aren't that far from the original GN'R sound. I think 'Chinese Democracy' should be the first single on the grounds that it is bitchin'! 'Better' is a first class song but the heavy metal part I think may turn a lot of people (into modern pop music) off.

My favourite of all the new stuff is 'Madagascar'. That song is a masterclass and it will definetly turn heads if released. On a side note in January Axl said 'A lot of people will say that doesn't sound like Axl Rose'. Could that mean he is trying out different singing styles with his voice i.e. the intro of 'Better'?

Anyway out with the old in with the new. He's really got something. rock1

I like all of the new songs, especially 'Better', 'There Was A Time' and 'Madagascar', and I can't wait to hear the proper studio versions of all the new songs. The thing that worries me is that 'The Blues', 'Chinese Democracy', 'There Was a Time', 'IRS' and 'Madagascar' have all got different parts/intro towhat were used to in the leaks/from the 2002 tour. That makes me wonder: Is CD anywhere near completion?

I've heard several of the bands new material and think its great but I went to the gig in Nottingham and the crowd were dead. You pay that fuckin money to stand there n do nothin. I felt 4 the band. They're more than Paradise City n Sweet Child. I've heard songs: Chinese Democracy, IRS, Better, There Was A Time, The Blues, Rhaids and the Bedouins, Silkworms n Madagascar. Not all at Nottm.

It was great to see Izzy Stradlin there, and to stay n do five songs.

I'm a fan of Robin Finck, I like the guitaring in 'Better' and 'There Was A Time'.

The new songs kick mother fucking ass !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainman rock3rock4 rock2 rock1 :devil:

Based on the leaks:

Better: Love the whole of this track except the opening of it-if it was just the guitar by Finck opening it without the 'noone ever told me when I was alone they just thought I'd know better, better' it would be perfect.

There Was A Time: I really like this track, especially the start of it, but I find it tends to drag on a bit towards the end.

IRS: Sounds incomplete, which it probably is anyway, but hopefully the finished product will be great. At the moment it sounds a little rusty.

Madagascar: Catchy melody, but I have two things that annoy me with this song-firstly there's not enough guitar in it for me, I'd like to hear a clean guitar riff over that keyboard, at the moment it sounds a little rough; and secondly, I don't know about you but the quotes in the middle of the song irritate me.OK they fit into the subject matter of the song, but they just seem a little corny in a song to me.

The Blues: Similar to November Rain, but not quite as gripping. Leaning too much towards Elton John for my liking.

Chinese Democracy: Great guitar work, but uninspired vocals and lyrics. Needs alot of work in my eyes.

Catcher In The Rye: Not bad, and one that could break into the mainstream charts. Personally I like it, but if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't automatically think Guns N'Roses.

I haven't heard the other 2 songs yet: Rhiad and Silkworms. The leaks aren't bad but they need a hell of alot of work. I just hope they've made improvements to the final versions before it's released.

Madagascar - Sounds like something that wasn't quite good enough to be on UYI2. I like it, but it's a bit samey.

The Blues - Best of the new songs probably. Catchy and the solo is rather nice.

Better - I like this because it's heavy. New GNR need more of that.

T.W.A.T - Not too keen on the singing style, far too high. The 3 min solo kicks ass, though.

I.R.S - Very much same reasoning as Better.

Chinese Democracy - It's grown on me, as I like the riffs. Not sol 100% yet though.

CITR - Overproduced pop crap. Sorry, but it is.

Rhyad - As above.

Silkworms - As above.

Madagascar: Catchy melody, but I have two things that annoy me with this song-firstly there's not enough guitar in it for me, I'd like to hear a clean guitar riff over that keyboard, at the moment it sounds a little rough; and secondly, I don't know about you but the quotes in the middle of the song irritate me.OK they fit into the subject matter of the song, but they just seem a little corny in a song to me.

The Blues: Similar to November Rain, but not quite as gripping. Leaning too much towards Elton John for my liking.

Chinese Democracy: Great guitar work, but uninspired vocals and lyrics. Needs alot of work in my eyes.

Catcher In The Rye: Not bad, and one that could break into the mainstream charts. Personally I like it, but if I heard it on the radio I wouldn't automatically think Guns N'Roses.

Madagascar has 4 guitars during the solo and quotes goddammit! Not enough guitar? Have a laugh! Quotes? Axl has quotes in 'Civil War', 'Knockin On Heavens Door', 'Get In The Ring'etc. You're telling me you don't like them as well?

The Blues? Elton John? Ok...I'll take your word for it.

Chinese Democracy has uninspired lyrics? What language do you speak in. The lyrics sound pretty meaningful to me!

Catcher In The Rye isn't supposed to sound like G'N'R. Thats what Axl said "People are gonna say 'That doesn't sound like Axl Rose'"...

Madagascar has 4 guitars during the solo and quotes goddammit! Not enough guitar? Have a laugh! Quotes? Axl has quotes in 'Civil War', 'Knockin On Heavens Door', 'Get In The Ring'etc. You're telling me you don't like them as well?

The Blues? Elton John? Ok...I'll take your word for it.

Chinese Democracy has uninspired lyrics? What language do you speak in. The lyrics sound pretty meaningful to me!

Catcher In The Rye isn't supposed to sound like G'N'R. Thats what Axl said "People are gonna say 'That doesn't sound like Axl Rose'"...

Yeh but songs like 'Civil War' don't have a long period of quotes, only about 10-15 seconds not a minute. I don't mind the quotes they just drag on a bit that's all and it spoils it for me.

They have 4 guitars on Madagascar?! It doesn't sound like it at all, unless there's just very poor mixing on

the leak.

If you find CD lyrics meaningful then great for you, I was just saying they weren't meaningful for me.

The point I was trying to make about Catcher is that because it doesn't sound like GnR, I don't think many of the older fans will like it, but that's just my opinion-they very well might like it.

I've heard several of the bands new material and think its great but I went to the gig in Nottingham and the crowd were dead. You pay that fuckin money to stand there n do nothin. I felt 4 the band. They're more than Paradise City n Sweet Child. I've heard songs: Chinese Democracy, IRS, Better, There Was A Time, The Blues, Rhaids and the Bedouins, Silkworms n Madagascar. Not all at Nottm.

It was great to see Izzy Stradlin there, and to stay n do five songs.

I'm a fan of Robin Finck, I like the guitaring in 'Better' and 'There Was A Time'.

it's no civil war or jungle or don't cry alt! but the leaks are good!, the 2002 ones are weak! exp the blues, it was good also, TWAT, the blues, CITR, BETTER, IRS are good, IRS could be more rock tho!.

Madagascar sucks ass in my books.

Edited by aussie_axl

When I heard them live they are very different from what GNR are known for with the exception of twat and madagasgar, which I could imagine the old band doing similar songs, all the rest I cannot imagine the old band coming up with. I refuse to say they are any better or worse than the music the old band made until i hear the album but I will say I hope these aren't the highlights of what new guns are about.