What do you think of Gn'R new material?

dastco1986

The point I was trying to make about Catcher is that because it doesn't sound like GnR, I don't think many of the older fans will like it,

none of the fans of the old band like any of the new stuff' that ive spoke to

mind you if your gonna compare them next to songs like breakdown' nightrain' rocket queen' estranged'etc etc

i cant see the new band surpassing anything the old band did

ps- i like citr' after listening to the other songs i can take em or leave em'

i dont think these songs are gonna change the way music is today'

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're all pretty good songs. But it really shows that Axl strenghth is ballads. CITR, TWAT, The Blues, Madagascar - these are great songs and as good as any on AFD and UYI. I think Chinese D and IRS and Better are pretty good tunes. Ryiad and Silkworms have sorted been voted off. I liked OMG but think it is over produced or my version is crappy - think it would be better slowed down.

Now, what I think they are missing for a trult classic GNR album is Izzy Stradlin songs and put balls out rockers which Slash does so well - just something to party to. Axls harder songs are still pretty intense, he's excorcising demons whereas sometimes you just want to drive down the interstate with some chick blowing you.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that reply. He have waited so long that just to here something new reassures us that they are doing something.

There's just so much feeling and emotion in Estranged, Don't Cry and November Rain. Never quite got the video to Estranged though.

Robin will never be Slash but then is there anybody out there who could match his guitaring expertise.

I just hope that they put out the new album. Axl's waited so long that peoples expectations will be more than what the music will probably be.

They need to release, tour, then move on to the next album and not listen to the inevitable shit that the press will naturally give Axl and co.

And try to persuade Izzy to come back and record.

The new songs are very special to me already but I am really open to new music, I like all sorts of rock music. From GNR I love better and IRS but I think TWAT is an amazing song. The only other song ive heard was the blues and thats pretty cool. They all sound really good live too!!!

rock2 rock1

New songs are good, but shit if compared to what GNR is ment to be.

10 years and im still listing happiley to all my old GNR stuff. Why? becasuse its amazing and is GNR

New songs, good but im boared already of them, nothing on the old material

p.s - i dont give a fuck what some of you have to say about my views, im intiteded to them and will not change them.

thanks

Madagascar has 4 guitars during the solo and quotes goddammit! Not enough guitar? Have a laugh! Quotes? Axl has quotes in 'Civil War', 'Knockin On Heavens Door', 'Get In The Ring'etc. You're telling me you don't like them as well?

The Blues? Elton John? Ok...I'll take your word for it.

Chinese Democracy has uninspired lyrics? What language do you speak in. The lyrics sound pretty meaningful to me!

Catcher In The Rye isn't supposed to sound like G'N'R. Thats what Axl said "People are gonna say 'That doesn't sound like Axl Rose'"...

Yeh but songs like 'Civil War' don't have a long period of quotes, only about 10-15 seconds not a minute. I don't mind the quotes they just drag on a bit that's all and it spoils it for me.

They have 4 guitars on Madagascar?! It doesn't sound like it at all, unless there's just very poor mixing on

the leak.

If you find CD lyrics meaningful then great for you, I was just saying they weren't meaningful for me.

The point I was trying to make about Catcher is that because it doesn't sound like GnR, I don't think many of the older fans will like it, but that's just my opinion-they very well might like it.

Ah i see your point on madagascar. During the quotes they have 4 guitars. Watch the RIR3 DVD, you'll see axl on guitar as well.

Madagascar has 4 guitars during the solo and quotes goddammit! Not enough guitar? Have a laugh! Quotes? Axl has quotes in 'Civil War', 'Knockin On Heavens Door', 'Get In The Ring'etc. You're telling me you don't like them as well?

The Blues? Elton John? Ok...I'll take your word for it.

Chinese Democracy has uninspired lyrics? What language do you speak in. The lyrics sound pretty meaningful to me!

Catcher In The Rye isn't supposed to sound like G'N'R. Thats what Axl said "People are gonna say 'That doesn't sound like Axl Rose'"...

Yeh but songs like 'Civil War' don't have a long period of quotes, only about 10-15 seconds not a minute. I don't mind the quotes they just drag on a bit that's all and it spoils it for me.

They have 4 guitars on Madagascar?! It doesn't sound like it at all, unless there's just very poor mixing on

the leak.

If you find CD lyrics meaningful then great for you, I was just saying they weren't meaningful for me.

The point I was trying to make about Catcher is that because it doesn't sound like GnR, I don't think many of the older fans will like it, but that's just my opinion-they very well might like it.

Ah i see your point on madagascar. During the quotes they have 4 guitars. Watch the RIR3 DVD, you'll see axl on guitar as well.

oh yea! didn't see that before

thanks!