EMO MUSIC?????????

rock chick

And then you get the arseholes who try and suggest that Coheed and Cambria are emo....

You read that anywhere then take it as sheer bullshit, they're prog rock whether the media and/or Kerrang! decides to accept it...

I even read somewhere someone called the new Guns N Roses a bunch of emo fags..... :anger: Keep your labelling for those who deserve it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way i see it is, everyone i know who listens to fall out boy, and panic! at the disco and all those lame, mundane bands, with no substance watsoeva, are all emo. hence the bands they listen to are emo.

I mean quit doing this fucking sub categories for music. its either rock n roll, indie, punk, emo..

omg omg, panic at the disco is post hardcore, emocore, ambient, indie, pop-punk, metal, pre-post post post post emo post metal post hardcore post indie ... ok get it right.

The way i see it is, everyone i know who listens to fall out boy, and panic! at the disco and all those lame, mundane bands, with no substance watsoeva, are all emo. hence the bands they listen to are emo.

I mean quit doing this fucking sub categories for music. its either rock n roll, indie, punk, emo..

omg omg, panic at the disco is post hardcore, emocore, ambient, indie, pop-punk, metal, pre-post post post post emo post metal post hardcore post indie ... ok get it right.

:rolleyes: How are Fall Out Boy and Panic! emo??? They are pop rock. No question about it. Panic! At the Disco uses techno and dance music in almost every song for christs sake, what emo band does that?

Fall Out Boy lyrics:

We're traveled like gypsies

Only with worse luck and far less gold

We're the kids you used to love

But then we grew old

Panic! lyrics:

Watch your mouth,

Because your speech is slurred enough

That you just might swallow your tongue

I'm sure you'd want, want to give up the ghost

With just a little more poise than that

...now look at some REAL emo band's lyrics

Underoath lyics:

Well look who's dying now

Slit wrists sleeping with the girl next door

I always knew you were such a sucker for that

It doesn't matter what you say

Your lungs have failed and they've both stopped breathing

My heart is dead its way past beating

As I Lay Dying lyrics:

This blood turned into tears

A broken heart runs my body

Dripping forth until I give my life

I have become a sacrifice

It hurts me just to think of you

I void the pain that is unbarring

(To know that I take these sufferings from you)

AFI lyrics:

Disenchanted, Disgusted, I regret, that I trusted,

I put my faith, My faith in them,

them twisted the knife, further in.

So. How are they at all the same? If you would listen before you judge you would know that emo and pop-rock and indie do not sound the same. So there's one thing that makes them different already. Then you take a look at the lyrics. Are the anything alike? No. So, why do they have to be put in the same category??? You want to talk about the way they look? They don't even LOOK the same.

This is the lead singer of Fall Out Boy:

patrick.jpg

This is the lead singer of A.F.I:

riverrave3DONE.jpg

So my point is NOTHING about pop rock bands and emo bands is the same so they ARE NOT THE SAME. All the rock music "today" should not be put into the emo category just because you don't like them, for the same reason that Gn'R fans do not want Gn'R being called "metal".

:rolleyes: How are Fall Out Boy and Panic! emo??? They are pop rock. No question about it. Panic! At the Disco uses techno and dance music in almost every song for christs sake, what emo band does that?

Fall Out Boy lyrics:

But then we grew old

Panic! lyrics:

Watch your mouth,

Underoath lyics:

As I Lay Dying lyrics:

AFI lyrics:

So. How are they at all the same? If you would listen before you judge you would know that emo and pop-rock and indie do not sound the same. So there's one thing that makes them different already. Then you take a look at the lyrics. Are the anything alike? No. So, why do they have to be put in the same category??? You want to talk about the way they look? They don't even LOOK the same.

patrick.jpg

riverrave3DONE.jpg

So my point is NOTHING about pop rock bands and emo bands is the same so they ARE NOT THE SAME. All the rock music "today" should not be put into the emo category just because you don't like them, for the same reason that Gn'R fans do not want Gn'R being called "metal".

Nicely put man. rock3

Emo means emotional. Music of this genre tend to be more emotional than other. Feelings are expressed a bit more freely and their music tends to display these moods as well. Saying that all people who sing about depression and heartbreak are emo is just being stupid. November Rain (for the bias people) can be labeled emo and so can Layla by Derek and the Dominos. Shit, I can 'label' every single song that has been known to mankind as emo! Stop generalizing music by giving all of it a trademark sound (i.e sad=emo) because music of all genres is based on one thing; human emotions.

Suck on that.

Emo means emotional. Music of this genre tend to be more emotional than other. Feelings are expressed a bit more freely and their music tends to display these moods as well. Saying that all people who sing about depression and heartbreak are emo is just being stupid. November Rain (for the bias people) can be labeled emo and so can Layla by Derek and the Dominos. Shit, I can 'label' every single song that has been known to mankind as emo! Stop generalizing music by giving all of it a trademark sound (i.e sad=emo) because music of all genres is based on one thing; human emotions.

Suck on that.

The thing is that's not what emo stands for.

The original use of emo before it was shortened was emotional hardcore, and then emocore, which is why emo is associated with with bands like to scream but also sound a little bit like punk.

So you can't use emo to describe to Gn'R.

Suck on that.

The original use of emo before it was shortened was emotional hardcore, and then emocore, which is why emo is associated with with bands like to scream but also sound a little bit like punk.

That's not what my friend told me! :(

Suck on that.

That's not what my friend told me! :(

Its easily confused, no worries. I didn't know that emo's been around since like the late 80's and early 90's until I read the history of it in some newspaper.

Fall Out Boy lyrics:

But then we grew old

Panic! lyrics:

Watch your mouth,

Underoath lyics:

As I Lay Dying lyrics:

AFI lyrics:

patrick.jpg

riverrave3DONE.jpg

excellent post.

I really hate how everyone thinks all the new music is emo. And how just because of that they think the band sucks.