Check out gilby's supernova profile

lagofala

But how can Guns N Roses have broke up if they just did a tour in Europe. Its not the same lineup, but its still GNR. Thats what the concert tickets say.

OK then, if Guns N' Roses didnt break up how come when I go see them there's no Slash and Duff etc? There's no mistake in the article, GnR broke up and now we have a reformed new GnR put together by Axl. Simple logic.

But how can Guns N Roses have broke up if they just did a tour in Europe. Its not the same lineup, but its still GNR. Thats what the concert tickets say.

OK then, if Guns N' Roses didnt break up how come when I go see them there's no Slash and Duff etc? There's no mistake in the article, GnR broke up and now we have a reformed new GnR put together by Axl. Simple logic.

Because Slash and Duff both left the band (in different years).. newsflash, TRY VELVET REVOLVER! Jesus Christ that was such a long fucking time ago. get over it already.

What bout when Slash left and Duff was still there for a good year or two, was it GNR then? Its not like this band broke up and ended up with a brand new lineup. Members left and were replaced. See the thread charlie manson started a long time ago for a good explanation.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=42111

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Wrong. That's like saying if I saw Iron Maiden in 1995 without Bruce and Adrian, then I wasn't seeing Iron Maiden.

Guest Yanni_16

Hmmm... I could be wrong here, but what I took from the thread starter's comment wasn't that the bio was false because Gn'R never technically broke up... it's false because it insinuates Gilby left the band because they broke up, when everybody knows Gilby's ass was fired in 1994.

To be honest, since Gilby never recorded any GnR originals, I don't really consider him much more than an additional musician. The "I was in GnR" claim is really a bit misleading, even if it is technically true. He never worked on anything that contributed to the band's success. Not that he's a bad player, he just never got a chance to prove himself.

Wrong. That's like saying if I saw Iron Maiden in 1995 without Bruce and Adrian, then I wasn't seeing Iron Maiden.

I never said you wouldn't be seeing Guns N' Roses.

Because Slash and Duff both left the band (in different years).. newsflash, TRY VELVET REVOLVER! Jesus Christ that was such a long fucking time ago. get over it already.

What bout when Slash left and Duff was still there for a good year or two, was it GNR then? Its not like this band broke up and ended up with a brand new lineup. Members left and were replaced. See the thread charlie manson started a long time ago for a good explanation.

I understand how this line up of GnR came to be, you can tell yourself whatever you like but the truth is GnR did break up. They may not have "officially" left the band in one fell swoop but it was clear before they did that GnR in that incarnation was pretty much dead.

I never said you said you wouldn't be seeing GN'R. It was just an analogy, I guess it would've been better to say "That's like saying Iron Maiden wasn't Iron Maiden in 1995 becuase Bruce and Adrian weren't in the band" ;)

I never said you said you wouldn't be seeing GN'R. It was just an analogy, I guess it would've been better to say "That's like saying Iron Maiden wasn't Iron Maiden in 1995 becuase Bruce and Adrian weren't in the band" ;)

Jesus Christ. Reading that post was like being bukkaked with stupid. You just repeated yourself. By using that analogy you are implying that by my logic, I wouldn't be seeing Guns N' Roses. Of course, I never said I wouldn't be seeing Guns N' Roses just a different incarnation of the band.

That's a ridiculous statement. The new band has only one member of the old band remaining. Therefore, the old band broke up. It doesn't matter how it happened, whether it was all in one day or over the span of a year. When Slash left it all came apart pretty fast, didn't it? Odd how the others ended up leaving. Must've been merely a coincidence right? :rolleyes: Duff and Matt may have tried to stick around, but them leaving was already in the cards once Slash took off. They probably tried to hang around assuming that Slash would eventually return. He didn't and the rest is history. Ask yourself...if he did return, would Duff and Matt still be around? I'd say it's more than likely.

The versions of Guns that have actually accomplished anything to date had Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Slash in it. Now the band is making an album with only one of those guys (we don't know the extent of Izzy's involvement yet). For all intents and purposes then, the old band broke up. Yeah, Duff and Matt stayed in the band a bit longer. So what? What did that version of Guns accomplish? Zippo. How long did they last? Probably not even one year.

Arguing that the old guys bailed on Axl and that he didn't push them out is going to fall on deaf ears when the fact is that Izzy, Duff, Slash, and Matt (not to mention Buckethead) all decided they wanted out, different times or not. Five guys left the biggest band in the world with the most kick ass frontman in the world - a band they were a part of for years. It could not have been an easy choice no matter how Axlites try to spin it. It's insulting to say that they could have easily elected to stay. That it was their choice. But when you think about it seriously you'll see that that is a foolish argument to make. Five guys left. Not one, not two, not three. Five is not a coincidence, it's a sign.

Axl fuckin' rules. But the last ten years of the GN'R timeline are unfortunate and the band's breakup will be seen as the biggest blight on his career. The man is such a brilliant singer/songwriter/performer that he may actually succeed in largely erasing this, but he won't be able to do it completely.

Edited by KBear

I can't understand why the person who posted this (no disrespect or anything though) even brought this topic up. Who really cares anyway? For all intents and purposes, Guns N' Roses broke up in the mid 1990s. If you want to get technical and say how they all left at separate times, that's fine, but GENERALLY SPEAKING, the band broke up. Then, sometime in the late 1990s and early part of this decade, they created a new lineup which is also Guns N' Roses. I'm sure this article was not poking fun at the new band or somehow delegitimizing them, but simply saying a general statement that is mostly true.