Greatest Hits - #69 on Billboard 200

BIGHURT35DH

absolutley amazing its still there...far & away has the longest tenure of any album on the 200 right now . GnR is most certainly back , people are buying the albums & it's showing . Greatest Hits still has a long way to go to break the Billboard record of Pink Floyds "Dark Side Of The Moon" , which was on the Billboard 200 for 14 years.

The Greatest Hits being on the Billboard Top 200 for 123 weeks it a testament for the general public loving The Original Guns N' Roses.

I think Chinese Democracy will either be a hit or a miss. It will definitely debut at number one, but who knows how well it will do. It could be like NIN's The Fragile, massive first week sales, and then quickly drop of the charts.

:question:

the longer it spends on the charts... the smarter I think management was in the track-listing...

if you think about it, one of the purposes of a Greatest Hits record is also to promote the buying of the rest of the band's catalog. Too many bands these days put all their best tunes on a greatest hits album which lays nothing left to the imagination for buyers.

GNR Greatest Hits... with only the 3 major tunes of AFD, one off Lies, a few off UYI 1&2 (w/o including such songs as Estranged & Coma), and a bunch of covers off Spaghetti & the IWAV soundtrack is almost temping the audience to buy more because its lacking so much.

just my 2 cents.

but yea, cheers to GNR Greatest Hits still being on the billboard top 100 albums... I think rock music may finally be making a comeback. rock2

It's been hanging around the U.K charts for a while as well now. Personally I think the sale price of around £5 helps it a lot. Personally I never bought it as the track list is just appaling, as is the idea. Wasn't Live Era cashing in on the old line up enough?

the longer it spends on the charts... the smarter I think management was in the track-listing...

if you think about it, one of the purposes of a Greatest Hits record is also to promote the buying of the rest of the band's catalog. Too many bands these days put all their best tunes on a greatest hits album which lays nothing left to the imagination for buyers.

GNR Greatest Hits... with only the 3 major tunes of AFD, one off Lies, a few off UYI 1&2 (w/o including such songs as Estranged & Coma), and a bunch of covers off Spaghetti & the IWAV soundtrack is almost temping the audience to buy more because its lacking so much.

just my 2 cents.

but yea, cheers to GNR Greatest Hits still being on the billboard top 100 albums... I think rock music may finally be making a comeback. rock2

It wasn't done intentionally, they just put the singles on the album. No thought as to leaving off better songs, they just didn't put any effort into setting up an album. People are buying this thinking these are GNRs best songs.

Ummm pink foyds dark side of the moon was not a greatest hits compilation? so you cant really compare an album to a greatest hits...

the other week in australia all 3 of coldplays albums were in the top 20, it just shows that when a band tours, people are once again interested in that particular band. its nothing special.

GH is great for people who arent really into music that music or kids who don't care that much. It's cheap, there's no filler.

It still nice to beable to go anywhere and if you didnt bring your cds you can go in get the GH on holiday or something. And actually I havent listened to Spag incident recently and hardly ever to that SFTD cover. It's a nice collection of songs anyway. Keeps GNR in the charts.

Is 69 the name of the sexual position where two partners lay on top of each other, facing opposite directions so their genital can be licked/sucked/fingered at the same time?

yes...

Anyways, I think this is great for the band. Ironic though because Axl and Slash fought for it not to be released.

That's amazing. Just goes to show people that Guns N' Roses is still alive and kickin'! rock3

Oh yeah that beast is still alive and ready to kick some asses around the world!! rock3

Now all the haters have to shut up,and realize that this new band is here to stay!! :D

This is awesome news guys i'm so happy. :xmasssanta:

Is 69 the name of the sexual position where two partners lay on top of each other, facing opposite directions so their genital can be licked/sucked/fingered at the same time?

If so, then it is sweet that GnR is in the 69 position because that would make me think of sex, and thinking of sex is sweet.

I agree

If so, then it is sweet that GnR is in the 69 position because that would make me think of sex, and thinking of sex is sweet.

I agree

Yep.