worst GIG 2006

Sjakalen

i mean the tiotally performance.Axl was standing still and hes voice wasnt god at all. remember better from that show.

a horrible show of Axl, to be honest!

Axl had trubble whit his foot if i remember corect, i also have the DVD of the show and he`s voice is not that bad imo... maby on some song he "fucked" up a little bit...

Guest cherry_bomb

unless you were at every show you cant say. you defnately cant tell by shitty bootlegs on youtube and the pro shot things such as download didnt capture the atomosphere, or axl's voice what so ever.

i mean the tiotally performance.Axl was standing still and hes voice wasnt god at all. remember better from that show.

Axl had trubble whit his foot if i remember corect, i also have the DVD of the show and he`s voice is not that bad imo... maby on some song he "fucked" up a little bit...

Right.The stage was wet.Axl has had problems with his foot.

Guest cherry_bomb
i mean the totally performance.Axl was standing still and hes voice wasnt god at all. remember better from that show.

...hmm

were you THERE?!

I dunno I heard a lot of bootlegs from this tour and judging by those I would say Budapest 31st July.

although the best would have to be Wembley 29th, or perhaps Hammersmith. Although that could be biased as I attended both, But I enjoyed those two shows alot more than Wembley 30th which I also attended.

Then again there is a lot of shows I haven't listened too. And as people say boots dont capture the atmosphere or the music properly to how it actually was.

I downloaded the audience shot DVD of Rio and the problems with the show were completely with the soundboard mix on the pro-shot clip. The audience DVD is better quality soundwise. Plus its a closer feeling of what it was like to be there.

Indeed.

Guest cherry_bomb
Of the 5 shows I was at, I would say that Download was the worst, not for the performance, just for countless coming ons and going off.

its a shame, cos that was probably the best sound quality out of the shows ive seen. the atmosphere was awful though, killed it.

I have to agree about the atmosphere at download being pants but the performance was really good once they got going.

Wembley 30th was a bit crap for obvious reasons but out of the ones I went to I enjoyed Lisbon the least

If anything, a bootleg is a more honest decpition of events.

Obviously, you are going to be wicked biased if you were there. And you can't always hear the fuck-ups and other things you can hear after the fact on a recording.

So true, tape doesn't lie. (Old saying, I guess you could replace tape with cd or mp3 now...)

unless you were at every show you cant say. you defnately cant tell by shitty bootlegs on youtube and the pro shot things such as download didnt capture the atomosphere, or axl's voice what so ever.

Listen the the bomb... She has a damn good point here.

Unless you've been to them all there's no way to judge.

That's very true.

The thing is that I can't remember anyone who went to a show describing it as a really bad performance. As D-GenerationX said, you do get a bit biased if you're actually there but unless the bootleg is of decent quality you can't say much about it.

(Good quality) Bootlegs are very good for judging the performance of Axl and the band - they are very honest.... the only thing they don't capture is the atmosphere of actually being there.

Worst vocal performance has to be Lisbon... I know they were technical problems and he hurt his foot (why this affects his voice no idea), but it wasn't pretty a lot of it. Even November rain that he usually nails show after show, sounded very weak. I think the band were pretty good, but you can tell they weren't 100% on fire.

Madrid sounds great, and I dunno what happened to Axl for There Was a Time, I think he was kidnapped and an imposter came on in his place, because it was fuckin' awful. The rest of the show was cool though

LP

from the bootlegs ive heard im gonna say madrid. while the band was still good imo the crowd was dead (again from the bootleg i heard, in person it was most likely not)

The crowd was dead in some places, not all. And the sound wasn´t that bad,I know it because I was there and I can assure you that the boots don´t make justice to that performance. I´m not saying this was the best concert, but it was not as bad as people say.

Download looked & sounded shite on TV but it was awesome! And for me, I was actually cool with all the walkings off and tantrums. After seeing a flawless set in Hammersmith, it was like a childhood dream to then see psycho Axl.

I can remember being stood watching and we were close enough to see his facial expressions and stuff and it was sending shivers down my spine. Our group of attendees fuckin loved it (apart from 10 bears). The anger in Axl's face when he was singing Better was fucking awesome.

So I just couldn't put D'load in the shit list.

To me the worst show was 5th of july in Helsinki.Not because the band played bad,it`s just that i got a little too wasted before the show so to me it wasn`t as good and the show next day and the one in Stockholm.