There Was A Time Better than NR?

wasted

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no new song that is better than any old song.

That's stupid. Hmmm, I guess Anything Goes and You Ain't The First are songs that Axl will never beat. :rolleyes:

Not with what we've listened till now ...

No new song is better than any old song? What about Get in the Ring? Shotgun Blues? My World? You think The Blues isn't better than these?

By the way Get in the ring is one of my favourites!!!!

I could pass My world wich is an only Axl song...

Well, that was sort of my point. TWAT has the epic-ness but all within short time. It's much more accesible than Nov Rain. It's better song for radio. November Rain is way to indulgent. Axl has definitely got better at songwriting. I'm come on Catcher in the Rye basically blows UYI era ballads out of the water.

That's stupid. Hmmm, I guess Anything Goes and You Ain't The First are songs that Axl will never beat. :rolleyes:

Not with what we've listened till now ...

Yeah, that's your opinion and all, but you know it's fuckin' biased. If you truly believe that then you must be deaf in both ears with no true signs of recuperation.

Seriously people. :rolleyes:

No new song is better than any old song? What about Get in the Ring? Shotgun Blues? My World? You think The Blues isn't better than these?

You can get thru TWAT 3 times before NR is over once.

TWAT is 6:43. NR is 8:57. Your math is a bit off.

There's nothing being said in TWAT that hasn't been said better in other songs. It's just another tune about some woman who done Axl wrong...

But ok yeah TWAT is better than My World.

most of the new songs suck, but the 'die-hards' can't realize it

& MY WORLD is a good song, so is SILKWORMS.

Yeah, I'm sure that since every single person whom I have shown Better to (around 20-30 people) must have liked the song because they were 'die-hards' and not just fans of the music. Heh, you think your opinion is fact? Hah.

Yeah, I'm sure that since every single person whom I have shown Better to (around 20-30 people) must have liked the song because they were 'die-hards' and not just fans of the music. Heh, you think your opinion is fact? Hah.

But Better is made for a different crowd anyway. It's not gonna have the same sort of fans that were into Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, You Ain't The First or Get In The Ring...

It may be a similiar topic but it's much darker and well put together than before. It's more interesting to listen to, more melodic but still has a choir ending. I don't think that it's a stretch to think Axl got better at writing music over the years.

Why are you even here? You consistantly make smart ass posts, and comments to piss people off. You go out of your way to make most of your opinions the complete opposite of everyone else to just start shit. Your a little pre-pubescent girl who judges, and then exaggerates. Your sarcastic humour is so fucking lame, and nobody gives a shit anymore.

Fuck Slash, Fuck Axl, and Fuck You

Im a die hard GnR, and I'm damn proud of it.

rock3

Better is a good demo. 'TWAT' & 'CITR' are both crap rip-offs that 'die-hards' think are 'number one hit classics'. And yes, my opinions are facts. <_<:P

And I have a different opinion on things that piss people off, and I'm proud of it.

I don't have to like Axl to like Guns N' Roses. & I like MY WORLD & SILKWORMS personnally.

Edited by Jackamo

But Better is made for a different crowd anyway. It's not gonna have the same sort of fans that were into Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, You Ain't The First or Get In The Ring...

Probably not. I think that's a good thing though. Axl is definately moving on with his music, but still sticks to the whole Rock N' Roll idea and concept. I seriously prefer any new song (with the exception of the whole Silkworms calamity :no: ) to any of those songs you listed. Some people will never just accept the fact that Axl doesn't want to release the same shit that he made 20+ years ago. Seriously, in 20 years I'll be 36 and if I find myself doing the same ol' shit that I'm doing now at 16 then I'd realize how dull life could become when sticking to one formula for what seems like an eternity.

I don't think Axl is a person like that. These new songs so totally fit what he has become now, imo.

Edited by IndiannaRose

What are they rip-offs of?

And to pull a Jackamo:

I think TWAT, and CITR are a hell of a lot more original, and better than any song VR has put out.

And great post IR. It's been a long time since somebody actually tried to top their old stuff with new, and a little different stuff.

When VR new "experimental" or whatever you want to call it CD comes out people will be bitching because it's not like Contraband, and you'll be the die-hard VR fan trying to defend his band such as I or many others are doing with GnR.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

Probably not. I think that's a good thing though. Axl is definately moving on with his music, but still sticks to the whole Rock N' Roll idea and concept. I seriously prefer any new song (with the exception of the whole Silkworms calamity :no: ) to any of those songs you listed. Some people will never just accept the fact that Axl doesn't want to release the same shit that he made 20+ years ago. Seriously, in 20 years I'll be 36 and if I find myself doing the same ol' shit that I'm doing now at 16 then I'd realize how dull life could become when sticking to one formula for what seems like an eternity.

I don't think Axl is a person like that. These new songs so totally fit what he has become now, imo.

It's not about being stuck in the past, it's not about moving on or not moving on. The fact is that those songs I listed have a flow and solid structure. Whether they are traditional rock songs or not doesn't matter. In fact they're not really. YATF is an acoustic country-ish ballad, Bad Obsession is a bluesy slide number, DN'B is another bluesy tune.

A lot of these leaks seem to be cool song 'parts' that are stuck together. There's these abrupt stops, 'na na na's, drum loops etc... It all works somehow, but like I said, the people who like the obscure old GNR toonz aren't the people these new songs are for.