Messaging the band

November_rain

Dudes, I can´t believe some of you dare to bother the band members with stupid comments or crappy messages. I mean, they are very cool with the fans but some of you are abusing their patience.

Do you think you can bother them with stupid messages? I don´t want to name names but what do you want? Do you want them to stop talking to the fans because they get sick of these stupid messages?

Please, think twice before annoying them with some stupid and inmature message.

Edited by November_rain

i agree and disagree.

dont be constantely messageing them or keep asking about CD or getting free stuff etc.

if your gonna message them ask something unique that they dont get everyday. bumblefoot is awesome that he answers pretty much every thing he gets but if he keeps getting the same old shit he'll stop answering.

so yeah, think before you ask.

i'm sure they don't mind when people tell them they kicked ass at a show where they played and asking them normal questions about what guitar they use or something

but i do think they get pissed about all the CD questions, we all know they can't tell us and they won't tell anyone the release date on a random email to someone they don't know

i never email any onf them, but if slash had a contact email i know i'd be the first to email him but about something good and not more than once

I agree... I'm getting sick of reading all the pointless crap some of you ask band memebers... IMO it's taking advantage of there good nature. There is going to come a time when the finally get pissed and stop talking to us.

I also don't think it's right when you guys post the messages you get on an open forum.. Surely a conversation between to people is private?

Show some respect people.

I think this should be made a sticky.

I agree coz band members have recording, rehearsing, practicing to do etc. And it's like BBf said: Unless its important or doesnt require a lengthy reply, dont email him.

But on the other hand, people should be able to talk to their idols!

I agree... I'm getting sick of reading all the pointless crap some of you ask band memebers... IMO it's taking advantage of there good nature. There is going to come a time when the finally get pissed and stop talking to us.

I also don't think it's right when you guys post the messages you get on an open forum.. Surely a conversation between to people is private?

Yep, unless you get news when CD is going to be released or anything of that sort, no need for that stuff.

I'm sure if Rich or Ron had any problems with doing it then they wouldn't let people message them, at the end of the day it's their choice... Just like some of the other members, Axl, Chris, Robin etc choose not to have a public Email addy.

I don't pester Ron with emails asking him to do things he can't or disclose information he's not supposed to, just talk to him like any other friend on myspace. I'm sure he doesn't mind hearing how much fans enjoyed gigs etc and since he's a professor of sound engineering and guitar i'm sure he doesn't mind imparting guitar knowledge to a few others.

Basically my advice would be Merssage them by all means... i'm sure they're happy that they get fan mail rather than nothing... but don't go overboard.... maybe a couple of times a week is enough, several a day is too much. And don't ask stupid questions...... Then the relations between you and the members of Guns N Roses will stay open and friendly :D

Some people are dumb enough to think that that is really the band members writting you back. Dont you think they are busy doing alot of other things. They have people who do all those things for them. Just like baseball players have people who do the same thing and also fake their autographs on cards and base balls.

Some people are dumb enough to think that that is really the band members writting you back. Dont you think they are busy doing alot of other things. They have people who do all those things for them. Just like baseball players have people who do the same thing and also fake their autographs on cards and base balls.

Now I was wrong earlier.. This is as dumb as it gets!

Apart from Axl these guys aren't famous. Lets face it 99% of the fans go to see AXL perform. The other 1% are us guys, fans of the BAND. The band travel by reguler airlines and stuff and barly get noticed walking about (look at richards photos of Robin sitting all alone in the airport). They'res no reason for them to get someone to do it for them. Especially when it's richard and is months behind. haha. Anyone know what month he's on? :P