The Smiths

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

"Shoplifters of the World Unite" is Morrissey's favorite Smiths song, what do you think of it? I like it a good deal but prefer "Sheila Take a Bow". I say that because they are sort of similar.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

My all-time favourite Smiths song is Bigmouth Strikes Again

That intro always gets me going, and it's so energetic

It's a great song, I was struck by it last time I played The Queen Is Dead.

I haven't heard much of their stuff, but I really like "Asleep."

The saddest song I've heard, and the one that turned me on to them.

i like morrisseys constant stab at working and workers, especially in the title hinting to the marxist common phrase

and

A heartless hand on my shoulder

A push - and it's over

Alabaster crashes down

(Six months is a long time)

Tried living in the real world

Instead of a shell

But before I began ...

I was bored before I even began

genious

but this song goes in a group with me of shakespeares sister, then sheila takes a bow, then shoplifters

although it's not my favourite (either still ill/hand in glove), it's one of the best lyrically

I still think "This Charming Man" is classic. I dance around my room to it whilst no one is looking and occaisonally when they are.

it's the only way to listen to that song. if you can do so without dancing youre not listening to it at all

LOL dude... why don't you just make one thread about this band.. rather than individual threads about songs?

That's what this thread is for. :huh:

i love half a person, really perfect for just lying down in a park and listening to at night

really beautiful melody

It's always been a favorite, I particularly love the line:

She said "In the the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

i love half a person, really perfect for just lying down in a park and listening to at night

really beautiful melody

She said "In the the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

havent you only recently discovered the smiths? like 5 days ago!?!?!

you sound like you've been gobbling mozza's knob since 1985.

really beautiful melody

havent you only recently discovered the smiths? like 5 days ago!?!?!

you sound like you've been gobbling mozza's knob since 1985.

You are a real fucking idiot, I've tried to ignore you but enough is enough. I've been a Smiths listener for about 6 months, I listen to them because I think the music is brilliant and that's that. If you insist on being a constant irritant, I'm going to report you.

I agree on those two as well 'Kid, "William, It Was Really Nothing" especially, one of Marr's greatest textures.

I'm not the one who ruined this thread, and it deserves a bump. So let's talk about the songs friends.

"I Want the One I Can't Have" is great, I think Meat Is Murder was the rhythm section's greatest album. They weren't often thought of as a "band" in the truest sense of the term, which is a shame because they achieved some unique grooves together.

I've always liked the Smiths since my old drummer turned me on to them, but for some reason I never bought any of their CDs. Can anyone recommend which one I should get first?

On topic, I don't know a lot of the titles, but How Soon is Now really grabbed me the first time I heard it. Does anyone know how they got that guitar sound?

I've always liked the Smiths since my old drummer turned me on to them, but for some reason I never bought any of their CDs. Can anyone recommend which one I should get first?

On topic, I don't know a lot of the titles, but How Soon is Now really grabbed me the first time I heard it. Does anyone know how they got that guitar sound?

According to Noel Gallagher, "everyone was trying to work out how Johnny Marr played that when it first came out" i guess its some sort of delay/reverb trick he does but hes an amazing guitarist. Get the Queen is dead, one of my top 3 albums of all time

i know it's nto a smiths song, but ive been listening to maladjusted by morrissey (the song, not the album) and it's brilliant, but so many i know hate it

I'm not the one who ruined this thread, and it deserves a bump. So let's talk about the songs friends.

"I Want the One I Can't Have" is great, I think Meat Is Murder was the rhythm section's greatest album. They weren't often thought of as a "band" in the truest sense of the term, which is a shame because they achieved some unique grooves together.

i love that one, it's like stretch otu and wait, soaring vocals and makes me want to twirl

According to Noel Gallagher, "everyone was trying to work out how Johnny Marr played that when it first came out" i guess its some sort of delay/reverb trick he does but hes an amazing guitarist. Get the Queen is dead, one of my top 3 albums of all time

although that's one of the best i think for a starter eevryone should get hatful of hollow, value for money and diverse

Edited by katie