Does anyone still think CD is coming out this year?

PS_PoWeR

I had so much hope for this album just a month ago, but now it's getting iffy.

With it being mid-August and still zero announcement, much less a single....it's doubtful CD makes it for 2006.

Let's say CD comes out mid-November. That means from now til then, they have 3 months to announce the release date, hype it up, release the single, do promotional/publicity appearances, and pump things up enough for this $14 million album to open as big as possible....

um.....no. Not gunna happen.....:(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am still holding up hope that it comes out in late october to late november, after all its guns n roses they dont need months of advertisment, they might start announcing in early october... and wait and see if axl says anything in the september tour i bet you he will mention something cause people will be getting really hyped about it.

i know there plan they r trying 2 get there rep back around the world so everyone knows gnr is coming back. Then they will release it in 2007 after the 20th anniversity of afd. That is what is going 2 happen i just know it. I just hope that on their U.S. tour they visit michigan.

Edited by Raw

i know there plan they r trying 2 get there rep back around the world so everyone knows gnr is coming back. Then they will release it in 2007 after the 20th anniversity of afd. That is what is going 2 happen i just know it. I just hope that on their U.S. tour they visit michigan.

Yep, and Axl would like a liar again after saying the release would be in the "fall or late fall"

I had so much hope for this album just a month ago, but now it's getting iffy.

With it being mid-August and still zero announcement, much less a single....it's doubtful CD makes it for 2006.

Let's say CD comes out mid-November. That means from now til then, they have 3 months to announce the release date, hype it up, release the single, do promotional/publicity appearances, and pump things up enough for this $14 million album to open as big as possible....

Not really. The hype has already started. Look at all the press coverage GN'R has had this year so far. We've had Axl in the news on numerous occasions, a successful Euro tour, articles about the band/forthcoming album, televised concerts, one concert webcast around the world (granted with shitty audio), leaked songs, and even songs played on radio (to an albeit limited extent).

Call me crazy, but that sounds like hype. They've already got the ball rolling and have had it rolling for several months now. They just have to kick it into high gear. I expect to see that happen in the near future. A mid November release (HMV in the UK tells us November 13th) necessitates a single in mid to late October. With maybe an announcement in late September, if not sooner. I think there is still enough time.

No way all the stuff that has happened this year goes by without the album coming out. It may slip into early 2007 but this is it folks. The wait is almost over.

EDIT: How effective has the hype been so far? Well, people at my work that I know do not follow GN'R have commented to me about them numerous times this summer. It just shows that GN'R are being reported on. And each and every one of those articles probably made mention of Axl's long awaited magnum opus.

Edited by KBear

This next month should be telling. If there is no new single before Inland Invasion, then you can all pretty much forget about hearing the album this year, or anytime soon.

I mean, what better way to promote Chinese Democracy? Due to Axl playing Inland Invasion, KROQ is going to be playing the shit out of GnR on the station leading up to the show (I already heard SCOM tonight) - so what better way to get the new single out there then have the second biggest radio market in the country playing it non-stop?

Get off your ass and get it done, Axl.

I think so too. It usually is the first step of the marketing of new album. And there isnt much time left if the album is to come out late fall. No management, no record company or what so ever would be so stupid to release an album without correct marketing.

This next month should be telling. If there is no new single before Inland Invasion, then you can all pretty much forget about hearing the album this year, or anytime soon.

I mean, what better way to promote Chinese Democracy? Due to Axl playing Inland Invasion, KROQ is going to be playing the shit out of GnR on the station leading up to the show (I already heard SCOM tonight) - so what better way to get the new single out there then have the second biggest radio market in the country playing it non-stop?

Yeah, but they could play it non-stop a month later as well. What does having Inland Invasion in September have to do with releasing a single? Just to get lots of radio airplay in one major city? I have to think GN'R are aiming higher than that. The first single has to be a big release, a national success, not a regional one. GN'R would have LA covered. Okay. What about New York? Chicago? Dallas? Etc. Plus other countries. Fact is the VMAs would be a lot more impactful for a first single than an event confined for the most part to the LA area.

It's likely though that GN'R would have an agreement with KROQ to pump the first single hard a month later in return for the band even being at the event in the first place. Because truthfully, I don't see a single coming out in September. An album release in November (all signs point to) means an October first single. September is too early IMO.

Edited by KBear

Yeah, but they could play it non-stop a month later as well. What does having Inland Invasion in September have to do with releasing a single? Just to get lots of radio airplay in one major city? I have to think GN'R are aiming higher than that. The first single has to be a big release, a national success, not a regional one. GN'R would have LA covered. Okay. What about New York? Chicago? Dallas? Etc. Plus other countries. Fact is the VMAs would be a lot more impactful for a first single than an event confined for the most part to the LA area.

It's likely though that GN'R would have an agreement with KROQ to pump the first single hard a month later in return for the band even being at the event in the first place. Because truthfully, I don't see a single coming out in September. An album release in November (all signs point to) means an October first single. September is too early IMO.

see, but you dont live in LA and listen to KROQ all the time like i do and they NEVER play GN'R, but today, theyve played them more then they had last year combined.

see, but you dont live in LA and listen to KROQ all the time like i do and they NEVER play GN'R, but today, theyve played them more then they had last year combined.

Exactly. They're going to be playing GnR probably once an hour leading up to Inland Invasion, why not take advantage of it and get the new single out?

I really don't see it coming out this year, unless Axl stops going out partying every night and actually spends some time in the studio. If it's not completely done by September at the latest, I think we can forget about this year.

Do you think/want a single before CD comes out or just lots of hype?

I mean what if a single bombs - Axl might sack off releasing the album!

I say get the album out and release a single afterwards or very close to the album so he can't pull it!!

Just me being paranoid I guess, but I really don't want to be waiting anoth 4/5 years for this!!

LP

I really don't see it coming out this year, unless Axl stops going out partying every night and actually spends some time in the studio. If it's not completely done by September at the latest, I think we can forget about this year.

I doubt he need to spend any time in the studio at this point. He's probably getting mixes sent to him to listen to but I doubt he has any recording left. If that were the case then I doubt we would see it this year, probably still in mastering stages which means late this year is still a go as far as I can tell. Still, we won't know until it's in the store or for some of us we won't believe it until we have it in our hand. :xmasssanta:

If you look at Audioslave. I think that they released Original Fire around July 17th, with a release date of September 5th. that's about 7 weeks between first single, and album release. If you look at the Chilli Peppers, Stadium Arcadium was release May 8th or something like that. I think that Dani California was released as a single in March/April. So, about a month in a half. I think that it's typical to release the first single about 1.5 months before album release dates.

So, with that being said. If we go by UK HMV release date of November 13th, then it's safe to say that we could have a single by end of September.

There's plenty of time...we still have over 4 months left in the year.