Does anyone still think CD is coming out this year?

PS_PoWeR

If you look at Audioslave. I think that they released Original Fire around July 17th, with a release date of September 5th. that's about 7 weeks between first single, and album release. If you look at the Chilli Peppers, Stadium Arcadium was release May 8th or something like that. I think that Dani California was released as a single in March/April. So, about a month in a half. I think that it's typical to release the first single about 1.5 months before album release dates.

So, with that being said. If we go by UK HMV release date of November 13th, then it's safe to say that we could have a single by end of September.

There's plenty of time...we still have over 4 months left in the year.

Exactly... I'm quite confident we will hear the music this year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at Audioslave. I think that they released Original Fire around July 17th, with a release date of September 5th. that's about 7 weeks between first single, and album release. If you look at the Chilli Peppers, Stadium Arcadium was release May 8th or something like that. I think that Dani California was released as a single in March/April. So, about a month in a half. I think that it's typical to release the first single about 1.5 months before album release dates.

So, with that being said. If we go by UK HMV release date of November 13th, then it's safe to say that we could have a single by end of September.

There's plenty of time...we still have over 4 months left in the year.

yes i agree, we should have a single by late sept/early oct and the album in mid to late nov

I personally think that this album needs to be out this year, GNR have been touring most of this year and it would be kinda anti-climatic to not bring it out at the end of the year - surely the point of touring was to get some buzz around the band for an album.

This album is kind of a joke in regards to the length of time i has taken to bring it out - it goes another year without release after a successful tour then you have to wonder how long people are prepared to wait.

I think the album will be awesome but I also really think its this year or never.

i think something will happen soon.

Is that your interpretation of soon or Axl's?

i think we'll have a release date before or shortly after the US tour gets rolling.

I am definately expecting a release date, or some big news any day now. Every time I get on here, I look for the Axl HOLDS PRESS CONFERENCE - CD RELEASE DATE REVEALED!!! thread. If it is coming this fall, and they have harped over and over again that it is, there will be a date revealed in the next month, for sure... so thats 13 years down to 4 weeks.

2002 - "you'll see it but I think soon is not the word"

2003 -

2004 -

2005 - should be a "year of gnr"

2006 - "people will hear music this year"

2007 - PEOPLE WILL GET MUSIC THIS YEAR!!! :lol:

...huh, that's really a COMPLEX RECORD of a COMPLEX MAN :lol:<_<

The album could easily come out this year. Take Iron Maiden for example, they announced their new album, A Matter Of Life And Death on June 22nd. The album comes out on August 28th, and the first single came out this past Monday. People are expecting the album could go to #1 (At least in the UK charts), and that's on 2 months worth of hype with a single 2 weeks before the album. GN'R could easily pull off a #1 slot on a months notice with a single a week before the album. Face it, 90% of the people that care about the album will hear about a release date the day it's announced or very soon after.

Axl said it would come out this year... he has never said that before so I believe him

He said people will hear the music this year....

and we have... he didnt say the album will be out this year... ;)

He said it will be out in fall/late fall, deafineatly out tihs year.

Guest cherry_bomb

im guessing after the US tour, a few months or so, would be the perfect time. didnt someone say they'll be back in the UK early next year? touring the new album obv. i reckon LATE 2006 release is iminent

Well, 3 months to November (late Fall).

No updated website (since 2002)

No official statements about US Tour and/or the album

No single

No video

Yes Axl still in UK

And that leads us to....?

Early 2007 ? :unsure::unsure:

M.

Edited by Mango

Early 2007 ? :unsure::unsure:

:lol: Aww, you eternal optimist *pats on head*

So are you the eternal pessimist??? :P

I think it'll be out in 2006.... I mean I hope it will.... I don't have a soddin clue in all honesty. Could be this fall could be 2010 :(

Grimo.